The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please give us some way to inspect or identify a frame in the inventory menu

Kaokasalis

Some years ago I started to get bored of playing Warframe as there was a lack of content. To keep myself entertained, I made secondary versions of all my existing frames which have different polarities with the intention of specializing them for a melee only gameplay style. Fast forward to the 4th of January where I sold 12 of my melee frames with the intention of replacing them with primes but because there was no way to inspect or identify a frame in the inventory menu besides MR, 4 of the frames that I intended to sell was not the right version. Those 4 frames were instead frames I use for general gameplay. I quickly found out about my mistake and made a request to Warframe Support and they just recently reversed the sale but the whole thing nearly took a month. I feel that all this could have been avoided in the first place if we had some way to identify a frame in the inventory menu for those of with more than one variant of the same frame.

I made some lines on the picture below to try and get the point across why the current menu is a mess and leaves the user at a guessing game of which frames to sell.

The black numbers represents how the inventory column moves forward for those who dont know the current system.

The red box is a example of the guessing game. I had to look at this exact same thing for all 12 frames that I wanted to sell with absolutely no clue as to which frame was first or last. In the end, I ended up going with the second frames behind the first which is what the blue numbers represents. I repeat, I sold the second frames, not the first ones and yet I still ended up with four wrong frames sold. The inventory column is not consistent. This is a huge issue for those of with more than one variant of the same frame.

usXnvtG.jpg

Also, note the Rhino primes and Saryn Primes. My ranked Rhino Prime and Saryn Prime are the ones I use for standard gameplay. The ones at rank 0 are the ones I intend to polarize differently. See how the ranked Rhino Prime comes before the unranked one and how its reverse for Saryn Prime with the ranked one being the last one. Theres no consistency  there.

Edited by Hieracon

I think frames and weapons in inventory should have a catalyst icon + number of formas and focus lens equipped icons on them when you have them on. That way you won't delete your six forma greater lens weapons when you wanted to get rid of a generic unformaed duplicate weapons. If you don't want to clutter the hud... Make it so these icons only appear when attempting to sell said item... Like... Are you sure you want to get rid of that lvl 30 - 6 Forma - Greater Zenurik Lens - Reactor - Exilus Frame ?

Alternatively, they could increase the credit payoff for selling stuff that was modded. Let's say each forma / catalyst / exilus increases the value of the item By 2000 credits... It would make it easy to notice "Hey, this isn't right, it's supposed to be worth 5000 and the game offers me 25000 for it... It has to be my main frame or main weapon.

That said, I don't think that many people have multiple copies of frames and weapons due to each frames and weapons having a-b-c slots . Could be wrong, but personally the only duplicate lvl 30 i have is a secondary dread I built to try a status build without reformaing my main dread. That said, as the other posters said, an interface that cannot tell the difference between two identical items regardless of the amount of forma and resources sinked into them is indeed bad.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra