Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick questions about limbo

(XBOX)GM Big Penguino

Question

Calling all gentleman limbos,

So my limbo is cooking in the foundry right now and have some quick questions for the members of the limbo master race.

in the rift, can be enemies still be alerted to your presence or is it a form invisibility? As far as a build goes for limbo, I'm assuming it's best to focus on duration and efficiency right? 

Lastly, and tips or any disadvantages I should know about? 

Thank you gents!

9 answers to this question

Being in the rift makes you nonexistant, but not invisible.  For instance, objects that detect by collision, like lasers, will not detect you.  Cameras and enemies still see you.

There are a few limitations in the rift.  You cannot interact with objects that belong to the physical plane like lockers, hacking pannels, life support, or pickups.  However, you can revive downed Allies and open double doors.  Syndicate AOE blasts can persist in the rift as well.

21 minutes ago, (XB1)GM Big Penguino said:

in the rift, can be enemies still be alerted to your presence or is it a form invisibility? As far as a build goes for limbo, I'm assuming it's best to focus on duration and efficiency right? 

Yes, enemies can still be alert to your presence when you're in rift.  They can't touch Limbo but they can certain see him.  If I'm doing stealth missions with Limbo, I like to bring my trusty Huras Kubrow.  The nice thing is your Kubrow will be automatically be in the rift if Limbo goes into the rift.

I talked about Limbo in another thread before but since I'm too lazy to retype everything, I'll just copy and paste it:

On 1/7/2017 at 4:08 PM, xiaodenden said:

Limbo's kind of tricky to play and a lot of players don't understand his powers.  If you haven't checked out the wiki page on Limbo, I would start with that to get a general idea of what his powers do.  He works best as support and certain mission types in which you need to isolate targets (rescue and sortie defense for example).  He's my go to frame for certain spy missions because he can bypass lasers with his Rift Walk.  He's all about going in and out of the rift and isolating targets either to protect or to kill.  Some people like to use his Cataclysm to protect objects while others tank duration and up power strength to make Cataclysm a nuke.  You can press 4 again to cancel/detonate Cataclysm instead of waiting for the time to run out.  Unlike Frost's Snow Globe, you can cast Catacylsm far from Limbo himself, which might be useful as a crowd control.  

He synergizes well with certain damage dealing frames because your allies can use their powers to kill enemies in the normal dimension even while in the rift.  This is good because your ally stay protected from enemy fire and have faster energy regeneration.  Of course you and your ally can't pick up stuff or interact with objects while in the rift, but non-Limbos can get out by doing a forward roll (something that too many people don't know).  Like I said before, a lot of players don't understand his powers so communicate is key when using him in a team setting especially if you're going to put your teammate in rift.  Most of the time I don't bother putting players into the rift because I don't want to deal with the whining, but I would rift someone if they ask me to.   I tend to use him solo, sorties, and/or missions with people I know.

Apparently he's getting a rework soon so, if you don't like how he plays now, you can always wait until the rework and try again.

Another tip about using Limbo is that communication is essential.  Too many people don't know the details of his powers and they think he's troll frame.  I wouldn't banish other players unless they ask you to or if you ask them first.  If they get annoyed with you banishing them, tell them they cancel the rift by rolling out.

Edited by xiaodenden

22 minutes ago, (XB1)GM Big Penguino said:

in the rift, can be enemies still be alerted to your presence or is it a form invisibility?

It is not invisibility, so they can see and hear you.

I'm assuming it's best to focus on duration and efficiency right? 

Duration, yes. Efficiency is less important because he regenerates energy in the Rift. 

Lastly, and tips or any disadvantages I should know about? 

You're immune from almost all outside influences, which includes all enemy damage, lasers, laser doors, arc traps, Eximus auras, and the ice floor things in the Void/moon. He also moves faster and reloads/switches weapons faster in the Rift, making his DPS with weapons like the Tigris family and Zarr even higher.

Also, almost every Warframe power can affect enemies outside the Rift while they're in it, as well as regenerate teammate's energy.

Edited by TrickshotMcGee

even in the rift... enemies still see you... not sure why or how that makes sense

advantages

-safe from fatal attacks

-bypass lasers from doors

-can safely revive other players

-amp up dmg while in the rift

-energy regen in the rift

disadvantages

-can't pick up items in the rift (most annoying for me)

-can't harm enemies in the rift

10 minutes ago, NobleParadox96 said:

even in the rift... enemies still see you... not sure why or how that makes sense

advantages

-safe from fatal attacks

-bypass lasers from doors

-can safely revive other players

-amp up dmg while in the rift

-energy regen in the rift

disadvantages

-can't pick up items in the rift (most annoying for me)

-can't harm enemies in the rift

the reason why its possible to see limbo in the rift is a balancing issue, if limbo became untouchable and invisable, then anything requiring stealth would be a breeze, cast riftwalk and do whatever you want, while having two differnt planes of existence instead of one plane on top of another is cooler, it just doesnt work with the theme of the game

Just now, midtarget said:

the reason why its possible to see limbo in the rift is a balancing issue, if limbo became untouchable and invisable, then anything requiring stealth would be a breeze, cast riftwalk and do whatever you want, while having two differnt planes of existence instead of one plane on top of another is cooler, it just doesnt work with the theme of the game

i guess i should've specified lol... i mean technically it does make sense but logically... not sure how you can see somebody from another plane of existence... but this is just a game so anything breaks logic lmfao XD

Duration isn't always the way to go with Limbo. If you're running solo, it'll likely be helpful, but if you're running in a team as duration Limbo (or see one, rather)- 9/10 times it's one of those useless ruffians that just sit out of the fight doing nothing, even if they're trying to do something.

Enemies will react to him like normal when in the rift. They just can't interact with him in any way. Think of him like a ghost that you can see.

Makes me wish the game has tutorials for every warframe. There's nothing in the game that mentions anything about rift mechanics or how other players can roll out of the rift.

22 hours ago, NobleParadox96 said:

i guess i should've specified lol... i mean technically it does make sense but logically... not sure how you can see somebody from another plane of existence... but this is just a game so anything breaks logic lmfao XD

Limbo's current set is like a subdimension, this happens in fast games, where the character  travels to a higher plane of existence, therefore they are still visabe, but cant be touched ecause theyre in a pocket dimension layered over the current one