Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AandOE

Tenno, Orbiter, and walking surfaces

Ever walked around in the Orbiter, as the Tenno, and felt that something was off? I've finally pin pointed the source: whether walking/running across the glass surfaces, metal surfaces, or infested Helminth tissue, every step sounds the same. This is also the case for the 'frames themselves. Might we humbly ask for some more walking/running sound, please, in regards to Orbiter surfaces? I know it seems like such a very small detail, but DE, I know that you care about the little cool things like this. ^_^

Not only that, but slight variations in the pitch/depth of each step to let them differentiate themselves while walking around.
All surfaces sound like metal in the Orbiter, but in Helminth's Room, it should make a fleshy/squishy noise while walking in it.

Nice thought. ;3

We definitely play different surface sounds elsewhere in the game.  We'll take a look at the Orbiter and see what we can do.

11 hours ago, [DE]George said:

We definitely play different surface sounds elsewhere in the game.  We'll take a look at the Orbiter and see what we can do.

Thank you very much! :O

On 7.2.2017 at 2:13 AM, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Not only that, but slight variations in the pitch/depth of each step to let them differentiate themselves while walking around.

@[DE]George, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Lotus voice have a live filter so her lines sound slightly different each time? Couldn't something like that also be used for steps?

On 08/02/2017 at 1:01 AM, [DE]George said:

Holy damn, someone from DE actually REPLIED?