Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you feel the game is still "mature"

DeadScream

12 minutes ago, P0Pz said:

Okay. Is not the Question eighter...

That is the lore. Which always trys to explain stuff realistic based to gamelore and game invoirment + our realistic.

True that.

Well...titanias "butterflys" hit hard the limits but thanks lord they made them more kind of "drones".

Nope. You create music while yoooou are dancing and laughing arround. This is Childish; having or showing the annoying qualities (as silliness) associated with children _you almost spoiled the ceremony for everyone with your childish giggling_

A DJ Nard frame like they showed us... is a joke. A baaaad siiick joke. It is childish to even think music is in anyway a powersource. What is next..bring in a Santa Frame killing monsters by throwing packets

Someone said "Nards ~ wardrumms".

The point is..wardrumms are there to motivate your team. They do not atack the enemie bodys by any..aaaaany possible way. Never. They might "create fear or demotivate" but NEVER kill a monster. A DJ Nard is kinda straight copy from LoL. Total free Fantasy. Everything there can be created even a trashcan DD.

We are space Ninjas.. not space monkeys ...not any sort of a kindergarten game...or lets "Dance Ninja"... just as youuuu said above in your other points. We do not have or support InGame, any sort of childish things during gameplay/killing.

If it was a skin/costume i would have no prob at all but dancing and killing monsters with music..cooomon...and then dance arround the monsters..holy molly ..where is my GD pony !

Nard is directly childish acting to blood and gore arround the gameplay and other frames durring the fight which DOES NOWHERE FIT IN. Nowhere. The "Look" of this NARD is also childish. Fail Nard. Period.

I'm sorry but they pull ideas from D&D and behold..... A BARD! (Just like most MMOs do)

Seriously you show more imaturity in this single post then the Bard frame could.

Yes children are going to make silly little tunes, but so will the adults that is part of allowing creativity.

I use to play death metal back in the 90s as a teen but it didn't stop me from making techno or sad sonata. Either side of the fence someone could have called me immature, why? Because they lacked the flexibility I did with music and could not find the "maturity" in the other types.

56 minutes ago, P0Pz said:

Nope. You create music while yoooou are dancing and laughing arround. This is Childish; having or showing the annoying qualities (as silliness) associated with children _you almost spoiled the ceremony for everyone with your childish giggling_

A DJ Nard frame like they showed us... is a joke. A baaaad siiick joke. It is childish to even think music is in anyway a powersource. What is next..bring in a Santa Frame killing monsters by throwing packets

Someone said "Nards ~ wardrumms".

The point is..wardrums are there to motivate your team. They do not atack the enemie bodys by any..aaaaany possible way. Never. They might "create fear or demotivate" but NEVER kill a monster.

Military drums or war drums are all kinds of drums and membranophones that have been used for martial music, including military communications, to rally troops, and to demoralize the enemy as well as drill, honors music and military ceremonies.

A DJ Nard is kinda straight copy from LoL. Total free Fantasy. Everything there can be created even a trashcan DD.

We are space Ninjas.. not space monkeys ...not any sort of a kindergarten game...or lets "Dance Ninja"... just as youuuu said above in your other points. We do not have or support InGame, any sort of childish things during gameplay/killing.

If it was a skin/costume i would have no prob at all but dancing and killing monsters with music..cooomon...and then dance arround the monsters..holy molly ..where is my GD pony !

Nard is directly childish acting to blood and gore arround the gameplay and other frames durring the fight which DOES NOWHERE FIT IN. Nowhere. The "Look" of this NARD is also childish. Fail Nard. Period.

Luckily for you, DE isn't depositing the frame in your inventory when it launches and deducting the cost of the frame from your plat balance.

I don't like the Bard frame either and it's just one more -in a growing list of frames- I will never seek to own or use.

...But someone will probably dig it and that's who they built it for.

The most we can hope for is that it doesn't prove to be disruptive to other play experiences like Nova was at launch or Limbo is now.

I don't want to be subjected to other's musical preferences with no control on the matter.

16 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Luckily for you, DE isn't depositing the frame in your inventory when it launches and deducting the cost of the frame from your plat balance.

I don't like the Bard frame either and it's just one more -in a growing list of frames- I will never seek to own or use.

...But someone will probably dig it and that's who they built it for.

The most we can hope for is that it doesn't prove to be disruptive to other play experiences like Nova was at launch or Limbo is now.

I don't want to be subjected to other's musical preferences with no control on the matter.

I see your point. 

Realy disappointing. I guess i will play less WF or go back to Rappelz. I am realy sad right now. Thought found a good game fitting to me. Music killing ninja can not fit for me. 

1 hour ago, P0Pz said:

That is the lore. Which always trys to explain stuff realistic based to gamelore and game invoirment + our realistic.

I barely understood this... And I'm actually hoping I got it wrong, because if I didn't, then this is a huge insult to the developers who wrote Warframe's story. This actually hits home to me, because I myself am a writer. Don't you dare sit there and brush off a story like that. Writing a story, especially one with a vast universe like Warframe's, takes years worth of time and effort, especially when the story needs to constantly evolve. It's why The War Within took so long to come out - not due to glitches or graphical problems or even balancing issues. It was the story that the devs tried desperately to perfect. That's how important a story can be. Seriously, this broken sentence alone was almost enough to make me disregard the rest of this post.

39 minutes ago, P0Pz said:

I pity your upbringing if you believe the act of dancing is "childish".

1 hour ago, P0Pz said:

All I see here is opinions laced with insults and close-mindedness. If the rest of your post is like this, consider this my last post to you, because you're starting to sound like you're not worth my precious time.

1 hour ago, P0Pz said:

he point is..wardrums are there to motivate your team. They do not atack the enemie bodys by any..aaaaany possible way. Never. They might "create fear or demotivate" but NEVER kill a monster.

Military drums or war drums are all kinds of drums and membranophones that have been used for martial music, including military communications, to rally troops, and to demoralize the enemy as well as drill, honors music and military ceremonies.

We don't know exactly what all abilities this warframe will have. It may have an ability that boosts or demoralizes. So until the warframe actually comes out and we know what it can do, you can't sit there and assume it won't do the things you believe it should do.

1 hour ago, P0Pz said:

DJ Nard is kinda straight copy from LoL. Total free Fantasy. Everything there can be created even a trashcan DD.

Because multiple games can't have similar inspirations. Using YOUR logic, Warframe should not exist because it's inspired by many things that inspired many other games, movies, cartoons, and other media.

1 hour ago, P0Pz said:

Using the argument "we are space ninjas" when arguing about warframe abilities and appearances is laughable. Warframes, including the musical one, are closer to real world and mythical ninjas than you might think. Ninjas didn't just run around in dark clothes backflipping off ledges and throwing kunai everywhere. Real world ninjas used everything in their power to succeed in their missions. That includes any weapon they could get their hands on, coercion by way of any means necessary, and extremely unusual tactics to confuse and disorient their prey. Ninjas used bombs, attacked in daylight, dressed up as courtesans, used sex to get closer to their targets...Do you really think none of them ever used the art of dancing as well? The sky was the limit for them. Myth-wise, ninjas had the ability to bend every element to their whims, could hide in shadows, and basically do literal magic. Look it up, it's all easily and readily available. The stereotype you're obviously adhering to is just that - a stereotype.

I'll end my post with this: Dancing has been used for centuries not only as entertainment, but as part of martial arts and a way to distract your enemies. The best way to get an instant advantage in a fight is to confuse your adversary. A trained dancer can do exactly that. There are also a number of martial arts that incorporate dance into combat - Capoeira immediately coming to mind as one of them. I don't understand your hatred towards dancing, and frankly I don't care. This musical warframe has a spot in this game just as much as Excalibur, or Loki, or Ash, or Ember, or Valkyr, or any of the others do. You do not have a say in this. You didn't develop this game. You don't know its vision, nor do you even understand what the warframes signify. You certainly don't know anything about its lore either if all you're going to do is disregard it. You can certainly have opinions, certainly give suggestions, but I see no suggestions in your posts, and I see no constructive criticism in your opinions.

I think I've wasted my time. I won't be wasting it any longer.

39 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

I barely understood this... And I'm actually hoping I got it wrong, because if I didn't, then this is a huge insult to the developers who wrote Warframe's story. This actually hits home to me, because I myself am a writer. Don't you dare sit there and brush off a story like that. Writing a story, especially one with a vast universe like Warframe's, takes years worth of time and effort, especially when the story needs to constantly evolve. It's why The War Within took so long to come out - not due to glitches or graphical problems or even balancing issues. It was the story that the devs tried desperately to perfect. That's how important a story can be. Seriously, this broken sentence alone was almost enough to make me disregard the rest of this post.

Well my english is far away from perfect. Sry for that. All i  tryed to say is that Nard does not fit into this game by all the already ingame running invoirements/contents/lnGame reality.

And please, as you said you are a writter, you should know every lore got its own reality within. You can not bring something in that do not fit to this reality ~ inconsistent will apear and the reader/player can not connect to it. This is what is happening right here.

I pity your upbringing if you believe the act of dancing is "childish".

The act to dance is not childish. The act to laugh is not childish. The act to do music is not childish.

To do all this combined within blood and gore while your team mates are fighting for theire life is childish. This happy clown with "so funny sounds and dances" does not fit in there. Nope

All I see here is opinions laced with insults and close-mindedness. If the rest of your post is like this, consider this my last post to you, because you're starting to sound like you're not worth my precious time.

All up to you. 

We don't know exactly what all abilities this warframe will have. It may have an ability that boosts or demoralizes. So until the warframe actually comes out and we know what it can do, you can't sit there and assume it won't do the things you believe it should do.

True that. Just say what i have seen. A music creating dancing Nard.

Because multiple games can't have similar inspirations. Using YOUR logic, Warframe should not exist because it's inspired by many things that inspired many other games, movies, cartoons, and other media.

I did not day WF should not get "ideas" from other games.. that is hood btw. But you can not add abbilities that work for other games in theire InGame reality into another one with another kind of InGame reality 1:1. You have to change and adjust it. 

Using the argument "we are space ninjas" when arguing about warframe abilities and appearances is laughable.

Okay...

Warframes, including the musical one, are closer to real world and mythical ninjas than you might think. Ninjas didn't just run around in dark clothes backflipping off ledges and throwing kunai everywhere. Real world ninjas used everything in their power to succeed in their missions. That includes any weapon they could get their hands on, coercion by way of any means necessary, and extremely unusual tactics to confuse and disorient their prey. Ninjas used bombs, attacked in daylight, dressed up as courtesans, used sex to get closer to their targets...Do you really think none of them ever used the art of dancing as well? The sky was the limit for them. Myth-wise, ninjas had the ability to bend every element to their whims, could hide in shadows, and basically do literal magic. Look it up, it's all easily and readily available. The stereotype you're obviously adhering to is just that - a stereotype.

Aha... did a ninja EVER killed someone with music... read again.. just with music! The guitar is a instrument. A object. A sword is a object. Both can somehow kill. Music can NOT kill.

Not in this reality nore in WF InGame reality ~ inconsistent

Edited by P0Pz

Do you even know popz, what in the hell is the bard going to effin do?

Don't jump into conclusions, we have yet to know what DE is planning for this frame.

Im preety sure that bard wont use music to kill the enemies. Demoralize them? Can happen, lull them with a calming song only to recieve a megaton slam from a rocket hammer?(that would be awesome)

Music may not kill, but boy, it can leave an impact.

And while we're talking about mature stuff,seducing with the right music is frightenly effective as well, but i think that should kinda be avoided a bit.

My two cents, as they say

Edited by samuelx43a

19 minutes ago, samuelx43a said:

Do you even know popz, what in the hell is the bard going to effin do?

Don't jump into conclusions, we have yet to know what DE is planning for this frame.

Okay...true that.

Im preety sure that bard wont use music to kill the enemies.

Oh lord THIS! 

Demoralize them? Can happen, lull them with a calming song only to recieve a megaton slam from a rocket hammer?(that would be awesome)

Yep kinda wardrums. Why not.

Jup. Just what i said.

As long it fits to WF InGame reality and ofc a (mute) option and it does not dance arround during fighting, i am all in for it. Why not.

Noise of the right frequency CAN actually kill. "Brown noise" for example can make you soil youself. Finding the same frequency of vibration that the molecules of an object vibrate at makes them disintegrate.

Noise is just vibration, vibration can cause heat via friction. Strong enough vibrations can feel like earthquakes.

Just normal music, when loud enough can deafen and disorient. I have heard of birds dying when flying too close to speaker systems at loud open air concerts.

Just putting this out there.

58 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Why not? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_weapon

Sound has an actual physical presence. It's how hearing works.  Also Banshee is her complimentary frame like Nezha is to Ember.

Sometimes i make my explanations vague. But, say bard will use music.(in a form of waves?)what kind would it use?

Talking about sound, the noise that microphones do is nigh unbearable(high dB=good bye eardrums.now thats a cool ability)

2 hours ago, (PS4)EVILFLUFFMONSTER said:

Noise of the right frequency CAN actually kill. "Brown noise" for example can make you soil youself. Finding the same frequency of vibration that the molecules of an object vibrate at makes them disintegrate.

Noise is just vibration, vibration can cause heat via friction. Strong enough vibrations can feel like earthquakes.

Just normal music, when loud enough can deafen and disorient. I have heard of birds dying when flying too close to speaker systems at loud open air concerts.

Just putting this out there.

This is actualy right. But this is no music at all. There are differences. Frequences can cause inner bleedings not only at ears. But those are far away from music. 

It needs air and the right impuls of vibrations. Which you will mostly can not even hear. I knew this point will come. Took longer as i thought.

So No..music does NOT kill.

But using the right Frequences within a air filled room can even break glas. But not music.

Ps: you need to concentrat for a long time this frequence at a linie. You can not switch between Fquences or you will never do a effect to something.

Edited by P0Pz

4 hours ago, P0Pz said:

The act to dance is not childish. The act to laugh is not childish. The act to do music is not childish.

To do all this combined within blood and gore while your team mates are fighting for theire life is childish. This happy clown with "so funny sounds and dances" does not fit in there. Nope

Ever heard of the phrase "dancing on your grave"?

If anything, dancing to music while slaughtering your enemies would be considered the biggest insult the Warframes can do to their enemies thus far, and would be incredibly demoralizing for any sane being on the receiving end. Don't see how that's childish. 

The maturity doesn't concern me much. Many elements have been introduced that ring the gore bell, e.g. the infested levels with creepy lighting. Even if there are more cheerful frames around now you can customize them very well to your taste with colours and attachments (check the Tennogen stuff).

I think gameplay is a bigger problem than the maturity of the game's content. It's been a long time since there has been a new gameplay element to the game. All updates feel just like more of the same: better graphics, more weapons, more frames.

So far, augments have been the most refreshing addition as they allowed more flexibility for many frames.

Riven Mods spiced up the market a bit, but they didn't introduce something new - and honestly, you don't need em. The operator form feels completely unnecessary - you switch to it, do your same melee moves, switch back and kill a Kuva Guardian... Oh and I forgot: you do a bullet jump to catch the Kuva. Do we really need and want that imposed switch for that? About the Kuva sisters: basically Baba Yaga and Harley Quinn, I like the worm.

Nidus I appreciated very much: great overall design and synergy and a suprise element (the pimple). Hey, it gave you a bit more "maturity" back too: tentacles, spikes and infestation.

I don't need to wade through the endless streams of my enemies' lumpy blood, filled with their ripped, perforated and cauterized limps. I'd prefer some fresh gameplay elements.

White knights.
White knights everywhere.

The thing OP wants to say: WF has lost it's "dark-ish" vibes and becomes closer to Borderlines franchise than to Souls series in terms of designs. The seriousness, as well as the design discipline, is gone on all levels, and so, now we play as space indigo children who remotely control robo-DJays, robo-magicians, robo-jesters, robo-pirates, robo-cowgirls, and robo-[insert random theme here].

The themes of the latest frames literally scream: "LOOK AT ME! I BEAR DIRECT AND UNMISTAKABLE SIMILARITIES WITH THE FICTIONAL CHARACTERS CLICHES!" when at the dawn of WF it was rather difficult to differ excalibur's and loki's gameplay niches judging by their looks only.

The game evolves and changes, despite all difficulties and odds. The lack of long-term consistency bolsters the speed at which it changes and not everyone can bear with this changes.

2Everyone: please, calm down. This thread isn't about dev-bashing, IMDB ratings, or else.
2OP: there are always two options: to accept and try to adapt/enjoy or to move along if the state of things becomes sharply conflicting with your tastes/expectations. The choice is yours to make.

Edited by Teloch

4 minutes ago, Teloch said:

The thing OP wants to say: WF has lost it's "dark-ish" vibes and becomes closer to Borderlines franchise than to Souls series in terms of designs.

The problem with this is, as much as people say the Souls games are dark, even it has comical elements and things that are absolutely ridiculous. Patches, the Catarina knights (especially the fact that they're literally referred to as onions in-game), the ridiculously strong MUSHROOM people, meta commentary that mocks common player actions, so on. There are many more things. And Borderlands (I assume that's what you're referring to), while light-hearted and silly, has it's own incredibly dark and disturbing moments by comparison. Handsome Jack and his actions is a crazy good example, not to mention he's one of the most well-designed characters I've ever seen.

Warframe never lost it's "dark" touch, if you think about things like the Glast Gambit quest and The War Within- both were actually pretty dark, all things considered. But Warframe has always had silly touches to it, it's just that they've become more noticeable now that the game's design is becoming more refined with time. And even then, there aren't very many whimsical things in comparison to the dark things.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)rowansprite said:

~~snoop~~

You have just pinpointed the root of the problem.

Despite the whole overall seriousness of the Souls series, there are (rather few) silly moments to it. Yet, you still experience the overall "gloom&doom&decay" atmosphere while playing the mentioned series games.

Despite the whole lighthearted and crazy fleur of Borderlands, there are some "serious" moments to it, despite having them they don't change the global atmosphere of "merry madness" and just spice things up.

What OP wants to say is that WF becomes closer to the Borderlands example over time than to the Souls one.

Edited by Teloch

20 minutes ago, Teloch said:

White knights.

The thing OP wants to say: WF has lost it's "dark-ish" vibes and becomes closer to Borderlines franchise than to Souls series in terms of designs. The seriousness, as well as the design discipline, is gone on all levels, and so, now we play as space indigo children who remotely control robo-DJays, robo-magicians, robo-jesters, robo-pirates, robo-cowgirls, and robo-[insert random theme here].

The themes of the latest frames literally scream: "LOOK AT ME! I BEAR DIRECT AND UNMISTAKABLE SIMILARITIES WITH THE FICTIONAL CHARACTERS CLICHES!" when at the dawn of WF it was rather difficult to differ excalibur's and loki's gameplay niches judging by their looks only.

The game evolves and changes, despite all difficulties and odds. The lack of long-term consistency bolsters the speed at which it changes and not everyone can bear with this changes.

2Everyone: please, calm down. This thread isn't about dev-bashing, IMDB ratings, or else.
2OP: there are always two options: to accept and try to adapt/enjoy or to move along if the state of things becomes sharply conflicting with your tastes/expectations. The choice is yours to make.

Thanks for this post, it summarizes everything pretty well. 

And even though I disagree with the design direction, I still love this game and I don't think this kind of change can make me quit, as long as the whole game doesnt become a PVE team fortress

3 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Despite the whole overall seriousness of the Souls series, there are (rather few) silly moments to it. Yet, you still experience the overall "gloom&doom&decay" atmosphere while playing the mentioned series games.

Sorry if I seem like I'm nitpicking here, but this particular comment made me think.

Dark Souls wouldn't be nearly as good as it is if not for the light elements, the bright ones, the comical ones. Look at Bloodborne, for example- great game, but it's also very... depressing. Dark Souls, while gloomy, yes, feels very hopeful. When I think of Dark Souls, I often remember the brighter things, not the darker ones. Most people would probably say they think of Solaire before Blighttown, if asked the first thing that comes to mind.

In the same vein, Borderlands wouldn't be nearly as good if it was nothing but chaotic madness. The serious tones are highlighted because of it, not hindered as a result.

Just a personal opinion, but I feel as if Warframe does benefit from these lighter elements. The earlier Warframe was too mysterious/serious to me.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)rowansprite said:

The earlier Warframe was too mysterious/serious to me.

And that's the whole point.

There are still those walketh among us who would prefer near-marginal seriousity to what we have now.

5 hours ago, P0Pz said:

Well my english is far away from perfect. Sry for that. All i  tryed to say is that Nard does not fit into this game by all the already ingame running invoirements/contents/lnGame reality.

And please, as you said you are a writter, you should know every lore got its own reality within. You can not bring something in that do not fit to this reality ~ inconsistent will apear and the reader/player can not connect to it. This is what is happening right here.

All up to you. 

True that. Just say what i have seen. A music creating dancing Nard.

I did not day WF should not get "ideas" from other games.. that is hood btw. But you can not add abbilities that work for other games in theire InGame reality into another one with another kind of InGame reality 1:1. You have to change and adjust it. 

Okay...

Aha... did a ninja EVER killed someone with music... read again.. just with music! The guitar is a instrument. A object. A sword is a object. Both can somehow kill. Music can NOT kill.

Not in this reality nore in WF InGame reality ~ inconsistent

1. Frames stopped being ninjas when they added engineers, space wizards, and screaming berserkers.
  2. The Orokin being insufferable narcissists with no respect for their enemies is completely consistent.

3 hours ago, Teloch said:

White knights.

If you're going to start your post with an insult like this, prepare to not be taken seriously. Newsflash: Sometimes people have a different opinion from yours, and sometimes that opinion agrees with DE.