Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the best way for a person who just started to get plat with no good stuff?

ARINZETHEMAN

Question

8 answers to this question

Run Defense, Interception and Spy missions, get Relics, run said Relics, trade the Prime parts you get.  You'll get more plat if it's full sets btw.

Can also sell the Ayatan Sculptures (found randomly in missions, or you can run the weekly Maroo mission for one) Kavat/Kubrow Imprints (I usually sell for 5p) as well as Syndicate weapons (ways off for you though) augments, auras, nightmare and Corrupted mods.

Well the only way to get plat without buying it is either trading for it or winning the lottery on their streams (good luck with that).

Obviously trading is better and more reliable.

To get things to sell you should start running relic missions for prime parts. if you join a public group you may get lucky and pick up a few rare items.

You also get relics from running endless missions (excavation, defense, and survival). Earth's excavation mission is good at spitting out lith relics and is fairly populated.

To sell the items you can use trade chat, but you'll need the prices first. I like using warframe.market to get prices. It also allows you to passively have a message up that you're selling that item if you make an account on their site.

A few tips:

• anything worth 5 plat on the site you will almost never sell.
  • selling set of a prime item (blueprint and all the parts) is a good way to get rid of the common parts in the set and make a few extra plat.

You can also sell common prime parts to people in bulk for a few plat (like 1 plat per part) especially when Baro comes back this friday.

Also any new items from Baro (if they are tradeable) will be worth a bit of plat when it is first released. You probably won't be able to get them now, but if you GrindTM enough you can buy his junk.

I think that's about everything, sorry if some stuff is vague. I'll answer questions if you have them.

Also, not everyone can become god-like super fast. Even if you buy the best weapon in the game with plat you still don't have the mods for it.

Play the game. Enjoy the parkour. And pray to the Prophet of Profit Nef Anyo.

33 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

Run Defense, Interception and Spy missions, get Relics, run said Relics, trade the Prime parts you get.  You'll get more plat if it's full sets btw.

Can also sell the Ayatan Sculptures (found randomly in missions, or you can run the weekly Maroo mission for one) Kavat/Kubrow Imprints (I usually sell for 5p) as well as Syndicate weapons (ways off for you though) augments, auras, nightmare and Corrupted mods.

oh really i would like to buy some kavat impritns if your willing :D

1 - yer already a loser, just accept your fate

2 - easiest way to get a solid amount of plat that can last you for years is to just buy a single prime access package that u like [ie support the game]

3 - otherwise have patience and dont define your success by such shallow margins

4 - have patience and realize that in time u can acquire almost everything, dont rush thru content, becuz the game is basically all grinding, once you've got everything, there is little else left to do

5 - srsly i bought a founders pack for $50 way way way back and i still have leftover plat today [ive also made some trades in between tho]

First and foremost, I'd ask you: What are you planning to buy with that plat?

If it's slots for warframes and weapons, then sure, go ahead. If it's cosmetics, I'd advice you to spend your plat on slots instead, because you'll be running out of space very, very quickly. If you are thinking about straight out buying a weapon or warframe (or a more expensive bundle) from the market, I'd STRONGLY advice against that. They are way, way more expensive than is reasonable. It'll take you more time to grind up the plat to buy a fully built weapon/warframe, than it would take you time to gather up the resources and credits, by the BLUEPRINT with credits, and build it yourself.

As to the methods of acquiring platinum: I wouldn't advice to pay prime access FOR PLATINUM.

Don't get me wrong - prime accesses are great, and I've bought two myself, but - their main point is that 1. you get The New Stuff Immediately and 2. You get Exclusive Cosmetics and 3. You pay A Lot for those first two points just because you're happy to support warframe. They do include platinum as well, but if you don't care about getting The New Stuff Immediately and if you don't care about the Exclusive Cosmetics, then the deal, considering price of plat, isn't that good.

WHEN you get a -75% plat discount, Consider buying that  biggest plat package, it's something like 45 dollars/euros and gives you 4300 plat and 3 pretty nice mods. It's main selling point is that there's nothing "extra" in the deal (apart from those 3 mods) so the cost per plat is the cheapest. or buy a cheaper pack if that's too expensive, but this is, by far, the most cost-efficient way to get plat, and 4300 will last you through your career, unless you buy lots and lots of cosmetics.

If you don't want to buy your plat, then you need to trade for it. Join a clan or a group of friends to get yourself into a group that can do higher level missions with ease - basically, ask help from more experienced players. Certain prime parts can fetch a good price - you can easily get 50-80 plat for a single rare part. Problem is: not all prime parts, even the rarer ones, are as wanted, and you need to get specific relics first, and then you need to run void fissures to get traces so that you can upgrade your relic, to boost the drop chances of the rare parts. This is a lot better option when you're already somewhat established player and have collected some relics (likely by chance, as opposed to actively hunting for them).

Instead, what I'd recommend, is to run Derelict vaults with your group of friends. They give corrupted mods, and require very little preparation on your part. In addition, many of the corrupted parts are very good and in fact, nearly essential for some builds, so you'll need them anyway - and they can fetch a nice price, depending on the mod.

Another good option is joining the syndicates once you're MR 3. Selling the syndicate mods and weapons requires very little work, since syndicate standing accumulates over time by itself as you do other stuff (as long as you have a sigil equipped) but you can speed up the process by actively doing syndicate missions. Also, syndicates sell relic packs which can help with the prime part method.

So... Out of curiosity, what did you plan to buy?