Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elemental damage

(PSN)Spyder5283

Question

I have a very important question thats come to my question do you think youll ever fix frost taking cold damage volt taking electrical damage cause it kind of seems like these sort of damages would be negated based on these warframes abilities im sure there are other frames that suffer similarly but these are 2 frames i have and find it odd my volt can spit electricity in a massive outward sphere but gets taken down by a little arc trap on the ground or frost freezing his toes off mining cryotic on venus i mean come on whats up with this

5 answers to this question

Having - or being - a flamethrower doesn't make you fire proof.

Ignoring the huge imbalance that selective elemental resistance would introduce
(Ember would laugh at Grineer and Saryn would negate some of the most dangerous attacks of the Infested
while e.g. poor ol' Frost gains protection against like, what, two attacks in the game? ... yeah no),
Warframes "only" control Void Energy and thus elemental attacks created by it,
they are not elemental entities or anything like that which would lend itself to being immune naturally.

14 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

You can still freeze a fridge.

You can still short out an electrical component.

You can still burn a flamethrower.

These items are made in ways that they use Ice, Electricity and Fire. But they are not immune to them.

Then why dont you compare it with embers ignition. Frost prime using avalanche has ice shards sticking through him but cant stand a little cold air. And volt prime can use basically an emp so why doesnt he have some sort of passive where he uses arc traps to "Recharge" energy instead of being knocked on his &#!?

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Spyder5283 said:

Then why dont you compare it with embers ignition. Frost prime using avalanche has ice shards sticking through him but cant stand a little cold air. And volt prime can use basically an emp so why doesnt he have some sort of passive where he uses arc traps to "Recharge" energy instead of being knocked on his &#!?

Frost's ice shard thing is a visual effect purely made for "Rule of Cool" and it wouldn't make sense for a Frame's own powers to damage them. Another thing what does Emp's have to do with Arc traps. All they do is release a stream electricity and emp's are electromagnetic pulses which are closer to mag's powers than volt's.