Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Weapon

Pookieee

Question

16 answers to this question

Fast? Amphis. 1.25 base attack speed is the higher you can get in the game.

But you can also try the Ether Sword and/or Dual Ether sword, as well as the Heat Sword too, but imo the Ether ones are better and along with Galatine those are some of the best melee weapons for beginners. 

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

30 minutes ago, Pookieee said:

What's a good FAST SWINGING melee (e.g skana) to pick near the start? MR 4 ATM.

Thanks

If you need some decent melee weapons, i recommend dual Ether swords, Or the dual zoren. Zoren are probably some of the best early game crit weapons, and also Dual ether are really good early game.  

26 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

But you can also try the Ether Sword and/or Dual Ether sword, as well as the Heat Sword too, but imo the Ether ones are better and along with Galatine those are some of the best melee weapons for beginners. 

Ahem...

latest?cb=20150109200607

1.33 attack speed :)

17 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Ahem...

latest?cb=20150109200607

1.33 attack speed :)

What weapon is that?

45 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Thanks will check them out

4 hours ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

How dare I suggest they play The Second Dream [...].

I don't like when beginners rush to do the Second Dream, since it's one (if not THE one) of the biggest plot twist in the game. Would you really like him to experience this quest without even knowing which weapon is fast? He's just MR4! He probably doesn't know anything about Warframe's lore, so why would he rush it?. 

Spoiler

Also, how do you want him to fight a Sentient at MR4? Ask other players to join him and do the mission for him? How is that supposed to be immersive?

4 hours ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

[...] and get a very good prime weapon before it gets vaulted and prices get jacked up.

The Orthos Prime (one of my most hated weapons) will never be vaulted since it's not part of any Prime Access, just like the (Ak)Bronco P, Lex P, Fang P, Braton P and Burston P. I hate when people suggest Prime weapons to beginners instead of regular ones, for the same reason that I don't like them to rush SD. There are a lot of decent weapons that aren't Prime, but unfortunately, a lot of people don't care because people like you tell them "Primes are better" and "you should get prime stuff" when they ask for advices.

And for the Nikana, as long as you were suggesting the regular one, I'm ok with that, but if you were talking about the Prime, it would be, imho, even worst than suggesting the Orthos P. Yes, I hate it even more, and no, I won't change my mind until DE realise their mistake. I don't have anything more to say.

12 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

I don't like when beginners rush to do the Second Dream...

The Orthos Prime (one of my most hated weapons) will never be vaulted since it's not part of any Prime Access...

There are a lot of decent weapons that aren't Prime...

And for the Nikana, as long as you were suggesting the regular one, I'm ok with that...

What you like is irrelevant here. The OP asked a question based on biased opinions and I gave him one. If you don't like it, pick a corner and go cry in it. 

Just because the Orthos Prime were not released with any prime access it doesn't mean they won't be vaulted in the future, or do you have inside information on this one? 

Yes there's a lot of weapons that are not prime that are decent, and I would not choose any one of them if they had a Prime, Wraith, Dex, Prisma or Vandal counterpart. 

Thank goodness you have no issues with the Nikana. I can sleep tonight. 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

What you like is irrelevant here. The OP asked a question based on biased opinions and I gave him one. If you don't like it, pick a corner and go cry in it. 

Just because the Orthos Prime were not released with any prime access it doesn't mean they won't be vaulted in the future, or do you have inside information on this one? 

Yes there's a lot of weapons that are not prime that are decent, and I would not choose any one of them if they had a Prime, Wraith, Dex, Prisma or Vandal counterpart. 

Thank goodness you have no issues with the Nikana. I can sleep tonight. 

The orthos prime is so old it should've been vaulted a year ago.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

The orthos prime is so old it should've been vaulted a year ago.

Yea, its definitely been around a year too long. My guess, they'll retire a punch of weapons all at once and then they'll release a weapon only prime access. All speculation of course, but I just don't see them keeping them indefinitely. After all they keep telling us they have to vault things to make room for new things.