The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave fans love the alerts DE keep making more ;P

(PSN)Xx-Ribbium-xX

The funny part here is both side have right. Those who not want to be forced to get something and do things what they doesn't like and those were right whom say they will do the mission for the stuff. Te funny thing peoples arguing they are forced to do something but the quests and everything is forcing power to do things if you want progress. There are mission types what you not like then probably you will pass those events or will participate on them if you want something.

It's a trophy.  A trophy awarded for playing conclave.  You don't get trophies just because you want them.  The trophy itself is a conclave icon (Oro).  To put things in perspective, if you wanted the wrestling trophy in high school, but didn't want to wrestle, would you still want it?  If you went out and bought one, would it invoke pride?  If you practiced and won it, would that make it mean more?  It's not a cosmetic, it is a trophy, one that you get for playing hearts and arrows.  You don't even have to try that hard to get it, you can sandbag your way through six matches.  Personally, I think it should only be awarded if you get the top three rankings.  That makes it mean even more.

7 minutes ago, Danjal777 said:

It's a trophy.  A trophy awarded for playing conclave.  You don't get trophies just because you want them.  The trophy itself is a conclave icon (Oro).  To put things in perspective, if you wanted the wrestling trophy in high school, but didn't want to wrestle, would you still want it?  If you went out and bought one, would it invoke pride?

O, come on. people are not saying they want it without effort or buy it out. They simply want to get the wrestling trophy by playing tennis :^)

41 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

O, come on. people are not saying they want it without effort or buy it out. They simply want to get the wrestling trophy by playing tennis :^)

Then they need to make more tennis trophies!  

There has been a disturbing lack of PvE trophies lately.  Remember the rift sigil?  The Tethras Doom animated shoulder emblem?  That cat statue that I spent weeks searching?  Those changed the game for me...For a little while at least.

4 minutes ago, Danjal777 said:

Then they need to make more tennis trophies!  

There has been a disturbing lack of PvE trophies lately.  Remember the rift sigil?  The Tethras Doom animated shoulder emblem?  That cat statue that I spent weeks searching?  Those changed the game for me...For a little while at least.

I'm all in for more PvE Trophies. Actual events more specifically. Not some tactical alert either.

Especially now that they introduced these Oro statues. Shows that they van make some pretty iconic ship decorations as end rewards. And I hope it spreads to PvE events as well. (And of course different ones from the PvP trophies.)

2 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

I'm all in for more PvE Trophies. Actual events more specifically. Not some tactical alert either.

Especially now that they introduced these Oro statues. Shows that they van make some pretty iconic ship decorations as end rewards. And I hope it spreads to PvE events as well. (And of course different ones from the PvP trophies.)

I would love to have trophies from our enemies.  In Terraria, you have a very small chance that an enemy will drop a flag that you can place in your base.  Something like that would be cool.  Grineer helmets from different types of Grineer, Corpus helmets.  Boss helmets or other iconic parts.  Even actual flags to hang on my victory wall.  Infested parts in jars, sentient arms, sand skates taxidermy!  Mission specifics mastery rewards! Your very own cryopod, life support towers, terminals!  Captured targets in a chair!  I could go on forever!

7 hours ago, AizenIchi said:

Conclave-Events are a thing we have to live with. Slowly I start to realize this, but I hope DE doesn't forget the PvE-Events.

For me it has really just the opposite effect DE tries to achieve. When I see it in my daily events/task bar it reminds me to play some real PvP. I mostly cut it short and go for some CS:GO or Overwatch. 

7 hours ago, Xarteros said:

1.But what's the harm in having multiple avenues for the same rewards?

2.The game has always been a PvE focused game; PvP was added more as an afterthought.

3.All DE are doing is annoying the majority of the community when they could just add the event as an option for either.

4.Purely cosmetic stuff should be available in both PvP and PvE. Why not just have PvP modes for Stratos emblems and stuff too?

5.Not to mention, the reverse argument doesn't really exist.

6.You can't really join a game that is immensely squad-focused and complain that there's too much PvE-only content. That's like playing Halo for the PvP modes but complaining that it doesn't have any storyline unless you play the campaign

1. There is no harm in that. Why are there no acolytes in conclave ? 

2.So ?

3. They could. I personally can't wait for the mutalist event to come to conclave. It's only fair for there to be an option either way, right ?

4. Why not get the syndicate syandanas from conclave too ? The Perrin sequence one is very pretty.

5. I think it does.

6.>doesn't have any storyline unless you play the campaign

Incorrect. Spartan Ops provides an excellent story without the campaign.

7 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

The harm is that is DE is trying to get people to play more Conclave, since it's here to stay, having an "alternate PvE road" to get those would mean absolutely no people would play Conclave and we'd be back to square one.

The players have spoken via their actions: They do not like conclave, they have no interest in it. Continually trying to force them into it will not have positive results. Let the hackers and no lifers play with each other in the corner, and stop bombarding us with bad PvP in an OVERWHELMINGLY PvE game.

Just now, Kierlak said:

And as soon as the event is over, empty lobbies as far as the eye can see.

I dont understand this. I know that Xbox One has a much smaller population than PC, yet I am able to find matches within 10 seconds on a tuesday afternoon (Not exactly prime playing hours). Is this really an issue on PC or are people exaggerating ?

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CFE Discord said:

I dont understand this. I know that Xbox One has a much smaller population than PC, yet I am able to find matches within 10 seconds on a tuesday afternoon (Not exactly prime playing hours). Is this really an issue on PC or are people exaggerating ?

Maybe console is different, but team annihilation, CC, and Lunaro do not exist on PC. And 90% of the annihilation matches aren't worth playing because of who is in them. So you CAN find matches, but only of one mode and they aren't worth your time.

12 minutes ago, Kierlak said:

And as soon as the event is over, empty lobbies as far as the eye can see.

Just now, Kierlak said:

Maybe console is different, but team annihilation, CC, and Lunaro do not exist on PC. And 90% of the annihilation matches aren't worth playing because of who is in them. So you CAN find matches, but only of one mode and they aren't worth your time.

It doesnt matter who is in them. It only matters if there is a match, which by its existence, means there are lobbies that are not empty.

What do you mean they dont exist on PC ? Did DE just not add those game modes ?

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)CFE Discord said:

It doesnt matter who is in them. It only matters if there is a match, which by its existence, means there are lobbies that are not empty.

What do you mean they dont exist on PC ? Did DE just not add those game modes ?

If there are 4 modes, but only 1 mode is ever played, then what do you think the lobbies of the other 3 modes look like? Do you think they might be, I don't know, EMPTY? Perhaps we could call them "Empty Lobbies". As an extra, did you know that there are daily challenges for those modes with Empty Lobbies that most players simply never get to finish? That really encourages people trying out conclave.

22 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CFE Discord said:

Bunch of crap.

Here's the hourly sum of 4ish days of Pythaserver data leading up to, but not including the Valentines day event. These numbers are lower than the norm due to Acolyte stuff going on at the same time. Even the members of the Conclave Discord were busy farming that pve junk during this time.

Server is NA West Coast.

cCzEBsY.png

Edited by Pythadragon

4 minutes ago, Kierlak said:

If there are 4 modes, but only 1 mode is ever played, then what do you think the lobbies of the other 3 modes look like? Do you think they might be, I don't know, EMPTY? Perhaps we could call them "Empty Lobbies". As an extra, did you know that there are daily challenges for those modes with Empty Lobbies that most players simply never get to finish? That really encourages people trying out conclave.

I finish all of my dailies every day with the exception of Lunaro. Is there perhaps something with your connection that prevents you from finding matches ? I can find them just fine with a 1mb down-.8 up.

14 minutes ago, Pythadragon said:

Bunch of crap.

Here's the hourly sum of 4ish days of Pythaserver data leading up to, but not including the Valentines day event. These numbers are lower than the norm due to Acolyte stuff going on at the same time. Even the members of the Conclave Discord were busy farming that pve junk during this time.

Server is NA West Coast.

cCzEBsY.png

Everyone should take note, those are DEATHS, NOT PLAYERS. It's pretty dishonest to not point that part out to people that might not notice that little detail.

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CFE Discord said:

I finish all of my dailies every day with the exception of Lunaro.

You're also on console. I also finish my dailies most days, but not because anyone is actually playing those modes, but because I get help from friends.

Edited by Kierlak

9 minutes ago, Kierlak said:

Everyone should take note, those are DEATHS, NOT PLAYERS. It's pretty dishonest to not point that part out to people that might not notice that little detail.

I never said that my chart was plotting players. I am not here to teach players how to read the title of a column chart. That is the job of the public education system.

Edited by Pythadragon

38 minutes ago, Pythadragon said:

I never said that my chart was plotting players.

No, but you didn't say what is WAS plotting. Anyone just casually glancing at it while reading the thread is not going to notice the small grey text and will assume it's player counts.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CFE Discord said:

Console has a much smaller population than PC. If anything, this proves my point even more.

Console may have a higher percentage of people playing conclave, I have no idea. Though I can assure you your 'point' is not a point because almost 100% of the time I click on anything but annihilation, it's an empty lobby. Perhaps all the conclave players have me on ignore because I call them sharks in a goldfish bowl, and that's why all I get are empty lobbies.

11 minutes ago, Kierlak said:

Console may have a higher percentage of people playing conclave, I have no idea. Though I can assure you your 'point' is not a point because almost 100% of the time I click on anything but annihilation, it's an empty lobby. Perhaps all the conclave players have me on ignore because I call them sharks in a goldfish bowl, and that's why all I get are empty lobbies.

I guess you're taking it backwards, a shark in a goldfish bowl would be anyone who gets good but keeps playing in RC; which turns players leaving RC before learning enough into a goldfish in a sea of sharks. There's no point on being toxic just because you did the mistake of rushing out of rc and now can't go back in there.

7 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

There's no point on being toxic just because you did the mistake of rushing out of rc

You have like a day and a half or two days worth of standing before you are up against the gate. If you don't rank up, you are wasting standing, and there's not much to buy below the rank up. The game itself rushes you out of RC.

But whatever, I'm done with this. It's perfectly clear the pro-conclave people are absolutely fine using the forum mods to silence opposition, and the forums mods seem perfectly happy to oblige them. I only have a few more skins left to get in any case, and then I can forget this cancerous game mode exists, like the rest of the player base.