The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Rework Discussion and Feedback

Hrodgrim

14 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Tell that to the 90% of the players that complained about this very thing. 

Casting cataclysm every time you want to kill more than one enemy at a time is time consuming, energy intensive and frustrating, and because of its size it is easy to become overwhelmed due to the number of enemies that can come in.

Having an AoE banish would let you have a much smoother way of dealing with multiple targets. With my suggestions, both sides win.

18 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Tell that to the 90% of the players that complained about this very thing. 

1 minute ago, Evanescent said:

Casting cataclysm every time you want to kill more than one enemy at a time is time consuming, energy intensive and frustrating, and because of its size it is easy to become overwhelmed due to the number of enemies that can come in.

Having an AoE banish would let you have a much smoother way of dealing with multiple targets. With my suggestions, both sides win.

Or making cataclysm cheaper in terms of energy cost and reduce casting time. Remember that cataclysm now has good cc attached to it especially when combined with stasis. Too many enemies in the rift wont really be a thing anymore. I really dont see the point of having an ultimate ability that does exactly the same as the 1st except for all the above mentioned downsides and a bit smaller aoe...

1 hour ago, SilvaDreams said:

But it's not. Limbo is a good frame in the hands of a good player.

Mirage Spamulor players... Ya he's mastery fodder because he's too hard.

You are talking to a Chroma Main.

Name me anything limbo can do and I will show you that there will be someone who does it better.

Greetings to you Limbo brother or sister, in my case brother. I see exactly what you are saying howeverthe key is the Time Stop if they get the Time Stop correct and they take off that nerf then the splash works as a1 2 comboand they stated that for now Time Stop is a toggle on and off ability..... now that I think of it why not just have it in more energy the more enemies there are that's easy enough then no power nerf.... Anyway back to what I was saying, ah yes the Banish Splash with Time Stop make all those situations ok as all the enemies will still be frozen in time. Now if it was a cast then yes you are beyond correct its a death sentence for Limbo. Also I like the thought of holding it down to splash and tapping for single target very nice.

Aside from that again we agree rift surge must remain the same you can enhance it but don't change it.

As far as Cataclysm we are almost in the same realm on the concept and idea. Damage mitigation and a level of CC.

I did like the direction they went though it just had flaws that I think we could help solve being that I do believe/assume we use Limbo more than they do!

I feel if we keep at it they will see and hopefully listen.

Yes now that i am thinking about it if Time Stop is a toggle on and off ability that means it drains energy why not have the drain increase as the number of enemies increases showing the strain he is having to keep the ability up that make much more sense. Then the only true penalty is he is out of energy, there goes your management of the ability and like all other draining abilities have it work off of duration, efficiency power strength or power range, well you see where I'm going with it. 

This will force Limbo players to manage there energy as opposed to working about loosing our powers. 

Also no one spoke on this but do we still get our 2 energy a sec while in rift, we should, I vote for 3 to 4 a sec hahahahaha but that's me in a moment of greed. 

41 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

I hink the main gripe is when you want to bannish a specific target (ally, operative, or high priority target) and aiming it sometimes' annoying

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero-0-P said:

Greetings to you Limbo brother or sister, in my case brother. I see exactly what you are saying howeverthe key is the Time Stop if they get the Time Stop correct and they take off that nerf then the splash works as a1 2 comboand they stated that for now Time Stop is a toggle on and off ability..... now that I think of it why not just have it in more energy the more enemies there are that's easy enough then no power nerf.... Anyway back to what I was saying, ah yes the Banish Splash with Time Stop make all those situations ok as all the enemies will still be frozen in time. Now if it was a cast then yes you are beyond correct its a death sentence for Limbo. Also I like the thought of holding it down to splash and tapping for single target very nice.

Aside from that again we agree rift surge must remain the same you can enhance it but don't change it.

As far as Cataclysm we are almost in the same realm on the concept and idea. Damage mitigation and a level of CC.

I did like the direction they went though it just had flaws that I think we could help solve being that I do believe/assume we use Limbo more than they do!

I feel if we keep at it they will see and hopefully listen.

If they won't listen to feedback about limbo from players that main limbo, then they just have no manners do they?

One more thing again its synergy, his so all of his abilities are ment to work together that hasn't changed so when you talk about the Banish Splash it goes hand in hand with the Time Stop. Banish a rescue target and a few enemies by accident just hit Time Stop and leave. So it works even if you want to make the argument of some enemies being immune to knockdown.... Time Stop,  problem solved. This is why I don't have a problem with the Banish Splash but the new 2 Time Stop. If that's broken the whole thing is broken even iif they get the rest right because that nerf is huge.

4 hours ago, main_antagonist said:

I love the new Limbo! :D

But do you like him they way he is now?

Do you play him? Do you main him?

What is your fave frame? Your main frame?

How do you play that frame?

How would you feel if they decided to change something about that frame,

that makes that play style less rewarding and more hazardous?

2 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

How so?

Because of how busy the game is, and how mobile you are. It'll just get in the way. It won't flow naturally with the gameplay at all. Most of the time you'd have to try and point at the floor or in places that would make it difficult to target what you wanted, all while you're flying across the map with a hundred enemies sprinting all over the place.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

12 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

If they won't listen to feedback about limbo from players that main limbo, then they just have no manners do they?

Right you are old chap, as we are the Gentlemen (and Women) that play Limbo the most. Not listening would just be uncivilized. Hahahahahaha

I honestly don't get why people are so upset. The rework was done with keeping the majority of players in mind. They reacted to the most common complaints about Limbo.

1) He has 3 abilities that do exactly the same.
Response: His 2 becomes a passive
His 1 gets to be a small AoE
His 4th stays but gives a bit more CC by having a stagger effect.

2) His 3rd is boring and dull
Response: It now has 2 effects depending on the circumstances giving some tactical options.

3) His is not feeling like a master of the rift
Response: Going in and out the rift is now faster and at will.
He has complete control of the rift since he can stop time in it, cc enemies and buff allies.

But what do people say instead?

His roll is gone.
And how is that an issue? His roll is now a more effective way to not get hit by being in a different dimension.
And if rolling is your way of moving, you might as well get recruited by the grineer and become a roller.
Let people move however they want, it is like when coptering was removed and all hell broke lose.

His abilities are different
Obviously, that is called a rework. He is more fluid, more tactical.
A new play style to uncover. If you cannot stand the change, then you could never stick with warframe because things change all the time, for better or for worse.

Time stop is trollish/gets broken by alles/does not help/any other complaint
First of all, you can melee. Timestop is not only for protection but also has offensive capabilities.
Second, we don't know anything about a limit, power cost, etc... So don't freak out if it is not there yet.
It plays different and I bet that within the month, people already maximized what they can with Limbo and suddenly he either gets ignored (Cuz people go back to the meta) or people play with the new skills.

Instead of complaining, give feedback. Are you concerned that Limbo's abilities are constrained by the party members?
Make suggestions. Like have the projectile limit be per player or have when the rift does break, be a massive AoE knocking all enemies down giving Limbo time to recover.
I can imagine there being a big explosion if a dimensional rift breaks.

You want a roll? Give DE suggestion. Like have shift held down be the roll and the tap being the dash.

The new skills give a lot of new ways to play with him and his overall build will be very different since most just went max Duration with Limbo and add range/power strength depending on what they needed. But for the love of all that is space, stop breaking things down because it is different.

10 hours ago, Shadu said:

Yes finesse is being replaced, thing is that you have to think about is whether a playstyle fits the gameplay.

Yes.

It does.

Which is why I have around 800 hours just in Limbo. It fits, it works - at worst, it just takes a little more time to do things solo with his current incarnation.

Limbo is not a really Finesse frame with this rework. It looks to be a Crowd Control frame pretending to be a finesse frame.

He no longer fights on *his* terms if he wants to use his powers.

'Like X frame' is entering the vocabulary to describe Limbo.

Yes, it's all neat a shiny but honestly - it would have been better as a new frame (even a second rift based frame), rather than changing what Limbo is pretty completely.

And honestly - you could probably fix it by making the mini-cataclysms an augment and removing the lock-out-of-powers cap on the second power.

I wait to see what happens, but I am very concerned and disappointed that Limbo is being removed from the game and being replaced with an AoE spam cousin.

40 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero-0-P said:

Right you are old chap, as we are the Gentlemen (and Women) that play Limbo the most. Not listening would just be uncivilized. Hahahahahaha

They don't and won't.

Rebecca explicitly told me that they would retain the flavour of what Limbo is, keep it a Field Control focused scalpel of a frame, and that despite what we'd already seen - they were actually excited about it...

The next day they were more excited talking about socks than Limbo, which was dismissed.

Then after more reassurances they're basically replacing Limbo with an AoE CC type frame, rather than a scalpel type frame.

- I mean, don't get me wrong what's there looks awesome just... not Limbo so much as a another frame..