Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Landing Craft

o.0-

Moving through my Landing Craft, I got to pondering below my newly installed head massager, if I've selected the Mantis, why does the interior look like the Liset?

K4w8U08.jpg

I understand that many players have decorated the interiors of their ships, but I am curious if in the future we would be able to have access to an interior for each of the Landing Craft, and then possibly decorate each of them or not with our goodies?

I'd love to see the capability of selecting the Mantis or Scimitar and having a different interior available or instead have options in the Landing Craft tabs for choosing the layout of the  Lander's interior.

It's certainly a minor detain in the grand scheme of things, but I wonder what other players think of such possibilities?

4 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

well, part of it is that everything below the ramp is actually the Orbiter, not the landing craft. that and probably its easier to work with

I was thinking that only whats above the Ramp would be matching the different Craft, so the rest of the Orbiter would remain the same.

I would assume that it would possibly have the two separated for Decoration capacity to be able to accommodate the four Landing Craft, but it all depends on how things run under the hood.

12 minutes ago, direcyphre said:

Problem: You can freely switch between the landing crafts. How would you handle decorations which are single use?

Also, only the part above the ramp is the landing craft itself. 

Exactly, I can think of a few ways to approach this, the first to come to mind is the Decoration Inventory would remain the same, and there would be up to five instances available. One for the Orbiter below the ramp and four instances, one each for the Landing Craft.

So how that can be handled can either be by tying together the single use Decorations to the instance they are installed on and use the existing UI to swap Landers.

An alternative is to allow Lander Interiors to be swap-able separately from the Landers themselves. In this scenario it would be possible to have say the Mantis Interior with any of the Landers and vice versa.

And with the second scenario it would be possible to monetize the Interiors separately so there can be various Interior skins available, if you will, that we can select from and purchase.

That way if you want to keep the Liset interior you can do so and have the Mantis selected for the health deployable, or have the Scimitar Interior and have the Liset Alarm Hacking module.

it will depend on how things can be expanded on under the hood, and what direction works best for the devs.

Edited by SPARTAN-187.Thanatos
grammer...

2 hours ago, Revenant102 said:

I think that the Liset is the only landing craft that mates as the 'bridge' of the Orbiter.  The other landing craft may dock to a different location that we can't access in game, but that the frames, etc. can be transferred to for loading. 

I was also thinking same thing about this, it would make sense since as we see in concept art of orbiter the docking slot in the front of orbiter seem to be able to only fit liset and no other landing ship

1 hour ago, Genesis7000 said:

Bildergebnis für warframe landing craft

This is your Orbiter the thing on the Front is your Landing Craft

I still think the landing craft is empty, and we're in the window on top of the orbiter. The landing craft is just a landing pod

When your mates landing crafts quits the squad, they go on top of your head, if you were in the docked landing craft... Something is problematic :clem:

Edited by Xgomme

4 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

I still thinks the landing craft is empty, and we're in the window on top of the orbiter. The landing craft is just a landing pod

When your mates landing crafts quits the squad, they go on top of your head, if you were in the docked landing craft... Something is problematic :clem:

You don't say....

A1A2619C585257B398EEF08F931EE14CE6C80358

5 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

You don't say....

A1A2619C585257B398EEF08F931EE14CE6C80358

"Here you can see, the wild mantis female eating her husband after a wild sex"

But yeah, (when it's working as intended) since they go right on top of us it's logical to me that we're on top of the ship.

So, the first ramp is still the orbiter and it looks like the Liset because the Liset is the vanilla landing craft. Their designs are matching on purpose

Edited by Xgomme

Where does it say you even see the inside of your landing craft? We all have the same orbiter. What if thats the only thing we really see?.  The Landing Craft is actually really small, just look at the rotating "door" you come out of when you enter and exit a mission. You do not see that while on your ship.