Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Loka Eximus???

mosaickle

Question

Hopped into a solo game on Mars, the very first one which is an exterminate mission and suddenly New Loka comes and says I'll be cleansed or something and sends these Eximus things randomly outta nowhere? The enemies I normally face are level 9 to 12, the ones they spawned was level 34..really took me by surprise, what is this exactly? Like I know I happen to join the umm, the A.I. one which is apparently against New Loka, if this has something to do with the gameplay, how do I undo this? I don't want things like this to suddenly scare me outta nowhere, especially when they can one shot me from really far away (forcing me to spend affinity to revive and eventually just abort mission). I just wanna do normal missions when I want, without distraction of these, whatever the hell they are, as someone who's basically just getting hooked onto Warframe, this is definitely something that'll tear me off and quit Warframe if it happens frequently.

As a low level player, this scarred me in terms of liking Warframe a lot

EDIT: Ok I see it's something to do with me being condemned by New Loka, how do I reset the syndicate thing back to zero and make it stay there? If I get certain penalties I'd rather not join anything at all, I had no idea the rivalries between syndicates actually affected in-game things

that's a syndicate thing, if you are hated or whatever in the red they randomly send eximus squads after you.

You have to join them and get honor for them or an ally of them, but it also reduces the honor for other syndicates.

Edited by Zaorak

Just now, Zaorak said:

that's a syndicate thing, if you are hated or whatever in the red they randomly send eximus squads after you.

How do I get rid of this permanently? I don't want anything weird affecting my gameplay without warning, I like to go into games dealing with what I expect

Edited by Atylia

4 minutes ago, Atylia said:

How do I get rid of this permanently?

Join New Loka and work for them until you can pull your standing back out of the red. Keep in mind Loka will make you pay a Forma to do this

Your loss if you don't want to join the syndicates; this is the price you pay to get the stronger gear. But I understand if you're not ready for it yet

Just now, TARINunit9 said:

Join New Loka and work for them until you can pull your standing back out of the red. Keep in mind Loka will make you pay a Forma to do this

Your loss if you don't want to join the syndicates; this is the price you pay to get the stronger gear. But I understand if you're not ready for it yet

So how do I get rid of it permanently?

Cuz I don't need/want the better gear, for my current situation the syndicate system is more detrimental than it is beneficial to me (especially as a casual player)

1 minute ago, Atylia said:

So how do I get rid of it permanently?

Cuz I don't need/want the better gear, for my current situation the syndicate system is more detrimental than it is beneficial to me (especially as a casual player)

Level up New Loka so everything is balanced I guess. But honestly, after you get better equipment these Syndicate surprises become almost laughable. Plus they are pretty rare, so just keep on playing.

1 minute ago, Dan2Rock4 said:

Level up New Loka so everything is balanced I guess. But honestly, after you get better equipment these Syndicate surprises become almost laughable. Plus they are pretty rare, so just keep on playing.

So if I level up New Loka will I have to keep balancing it with whoever's enemies with New Loka?

Like will it tilt towards New Loka and end up 'triggering' whoever New Loka's enemies are?

Edited by Atylia

19 minutes ago, Atylia said:

how do I undo this?

You don't, really. 

As soon as you reach a high enough standing with any given Syndicate(s), its enemies will start sending their assassins after you from time to time. And since you kinda need those items Syndicates are offering at high standing levels, this is more or less inevitable. You could (in theory) keep your Syndicate standings for all factions in Neutral (never wear a Sigil, never walk into a Syndicate mission), but fending off a squad of Eximus units every now and then isn't a reason good enough to lose everything Syndicates are offering. Besides, you'll be able to kill them with little effort soon enough.

As always, wiki is your friend. 

19 minutes ago, Atylia said:

I don't want things like this to suddenly scare me outta nowhere, especially when they can one shot me from really far away (forcing me to spend affinity to revive and eventually just abort mission).

Oh, trust me, Syndicate assassins are far, far from scary. Now, meeting the Stalker (a much deadlier enemy that is completely immune to all Warframe powers) when you're alone, on a squishy frame - that is scary. Or having Grustrag Three sent after you. Zanuka, too, although to a lesser extent. Point is, Tenno are not exactly liked in the Solar System, and Tenno that are good at what they do attract attention. Stalker will try to kill you for killing bosses, G3/Zanuka will "explain" why you shouldn't have meddled in Grineer VS Corpus conflicts, and so on.

You're a space ninja, rite? Being hated and hunted is part of the job description :D

Edited by Reifnir

4 minutes ago, Atylia said:

How do I get rid of this permanently? I don't want anything weird affecting my gameplay without warning, I like to go into games dealing with what I expect

They send deathsquads as long as you are hated with them. You need to equip the sigil and work your way back into neutral (which would cost your friendly synd reputation and require an expensive sacrifice) or you can learn to deal with them. New Loka deathsquad is the nastiest of all, while Meridian is a joke.

How to deal with them?

-As soon as lights start to flicker, seek a good open place to fight them off.

-Tactical use of cover and higher ground can go a long way. Same goes for playing with other players.

-If you lack mods on your weapons, better invest in some ammo restores.

They don't show up on all missions, it's like 5% chance of them spawning, which is shared with the other assassins, so it's really about 1-2% chance per mission of having New Loka. On the flip side, they award a lot of affinity when killed (since they are eximus), may drop Oberon parts (if you haven't leveled him already) and when defeated drop the blueprint to craft their specters (New Loka specter is very useful, it gives you a personal Ancient Healer to absorb status procs and reduce damage to you, tho the specter is slow as a snail and can't be controlled)

Note: if you play with other players, warn them when the lights flicker, just type the name of the syndicate attacking you as soon as the warning screen pops up.

10 minutes ago, Atylia said:

Yeah no, it's a big part of Warframe.

AI Invaders coming for your booty. Especially the Stalker. If you do assassination missions you are marked by the Stalker and he'll come after you.

There is also the Gerald Three and Zanuka too.

3 minutes ago, Klavinmour said:

Yeah no, it's a big part of Warframe.

AI Invaders coming for your booty. Especially the Stalker. If you do assassination missions you are marked by the Stalker and he'll come after you.

There is also the Gerald Three and Zanuka too.

So Warframe forces you to not be a casual gamer?

I don't wanna be forced to quit man

4 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

How to deal with them?

-As soon as lights start to flicker, seek a good open place to fight them off.

-Tactical use of cover and higher ground can go a long way. Same goes for playing with other players.

-If you lack mods on your weapons, better invest in some ammo restores.

They don't show up on all missions, it's like 5% chance of them spawning, which is shared with the other assassins, so it's really about 1-2% chance per mission of having New Loka. On the flip side, they award a lot of affinity when killed (since they are eximus), may drop Oberon parts (if you haven't leveled him already) and when defeated drop the blueprint to craft their specters (New Loka specter is very useful, it gives you a personal Ancient Healer to absorb status procs and reduce damage to you, tho the specter is slow as a snail and can't be controlled)

Note: if you play with other players, warn them when the lights flicker, just type the name of the syndicate attacking you as soon as the warning screen pops up.

I need to empty 1.5 clips of my max level Braton into one Ancient Eximus, I don't have that much ammo, there is literally no way I can fight them, especially since I was in solo

Just now, Klavinmour said:

You can still be casual and easily deal with invaders.

It's not Dark Souls.... (as much as I'd love that)

I'm level 4, my Loki is level 27 and out of energy from doing the previous part of the mission, the Eximus are level 34, I need to empty 1.5 full mags from my max level Braton to kill one, they one shot me forcing me to revive even from really far away from them, they spawned around 15 at a time, I can't do anything mechanically at all, I can only abort mission

Just now, Atylia said:

I need to empty 1.5 clips of my max level Braton into one Ancient Eximus, I don't have that much ammo, there is literally no way I can fight them, especially since I was in solo

That's why I said "invest in ammo restores". They come in 3 tiers:

Small: blueprint on the market>equipment>gear

Medium: clan tech, grineer lab

Large: Steel Meridian reward (I advise you to get standing with Meridian, as they don't negatively affect Cephalon Suda or Arbiters of Hexis and will reduce the hate towards you from Red Veil, who also have a nasty deatsquad)

Also, mod your weapon for Corrosive (Toxin+Electric) damage if you fear them showing up, Corrosive is effective vs Ancients (since they have Fossilized flesh) and it's effective vs Grineer.

9 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Large: Steel Meridian reward (I advise you to get standing with Meridian, as they don't negatively affect Cephalon Suda or Arbiters of Hexis and will reduce the hate towards you from Red Veil, who also have a nasty deatsquad)

Wait a second, if I balance everything out and then not wear any regalia thing, will it no longer have anything to do with me?

Like are Syndicate 'points' earned by wearing the regalia? Cuz I wore the A.I. regalia for a long time until very very recently