The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So about the slide attack macro

Knight_Ex

7 hours ago, ComCray said:

Maybe... I don't know... read the whole thread? That way you know why people would choose to use a macro.

I know exactly why people choose to use macros. It's because they're lazy. How hard is it to hit Left Control and E? Come on. It's not rocket science. 

5 hours ago, Bazingatron13 said:

I know exactly why people choose to use macros. It's because they're lazy. How hard is it to hit Left Control and E? Come on. It's not rocket science. 

Have you seen the players with these macros? They're using it because to get that many attacks is not humanly possible. Like, even if you're a 400 APM Starcraft 2 champion, you won't be able to spam slide attacks like with macros. It's not laziness. It's because the macros make these attacks incredible efficient and effective.

3 hours ago, JalakBali said:

Have you seen the players with these macros? They're using it because to get that many attacks is not humanly possible. Like, even if you're a 400 APM Starcraft 2 champion, you won't be able to spam slide attacks like with macros. It's not laziness. It's because the macros make these attacks incredible efficient and effective.

So, you're saying that people use them to do more slide attacks than would be HUMANLY possible. Sounds like cheating to me. 

I use macro for sliding (on Telos boltace only), though I set it so I still have to press the button for every slide, I just don't have to manually press shift, ctrl, e.

I have an alt fire button next to right mouse button, that I set as macro to slide attack.

Edited by saltygr33n

I use a slide attack macro, not automated.
All it is for me is combining CTRL + E. So just turning 2 buttons into 1. Still has to be clicked to use etc, no automation.

From what ive read its the automating of macros or setting up 1 button to do combos etc that are the real issue. And im not doing anything like that.

As far as 'how hard is it to push ctrl +E', its not hard at all, but when you are playing for a few hours or doing long survivals etc where you are doing it long term, it really gets uncomfortable. Also tried changing buttons but any few buttons you repeat over and over for a few hours so constantly is going to be an issue.

Any game so grindy has got to expect little quality of life methods to be taken.

4 hours ago, Bazingatron13 said:

So, you're saying that people use them to do more slide attacks than would be HUMANLY possible. Sounds like cheating to me. 

post-58475-Morgan-Freeman-hes-right-you-k-9kKd.jpeg

QFT.

I don't get the logic some people are using to justify macro usage on slide attacks to that extent. It is almost alarming how they seem compelled to do it, just because it is possible.

DE should honestly just outright ban all macro usage at this point. I know it would suck a lot for the people that actually have some issue and use macros to compensate their disability(not that Warframe has any legit complex key combination anyway), but far too many people are just using it to abuse/game the system. It is almost impossible to know who truly needs macros, or who is just using them to reduce the game down to Cookie Clicker, so they can afk/semi-afk and be rewarded for the macro's work .

4 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

DE should honestly just outright ban all macro usage at this point. I know it would suck a lot for the people that actually have some issue and use macros to compensate their disability(not that Warframe has any legit complex key combination anyway), but far too many people are just using it to abuse/game the system. It is almost impossible to know who truly needs macros, or who is just using them to reduce the game down to Cookie Clicker, so they can afk/semi-afk and be rewarded for the macro's work .

So DE should punish innocent people because of some people who use the system in a PVE game to skip the grinding? What the ones who use macros do does not affect your game in any shape or form, if you really don't want to be with one, there are ways to avoid them. How's stopping some people to finish the mission quicker more important than giving people with disabilities a chance to play the game better?

Edited by aligatorno

6 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

post-58475-Morgan-Freeman-hes-right-you-k-9kKd.jpeg

QFT.

I don't get the logic some people are using to justify macro usage on slide attacks to that extent. It is almost alarming how they seem compelled to do it, just because it is possible.

Again, there are good macros and there are bad macros. The amount of salt in this thread is hilarious.

30 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

So DE should punish innocent people because of some people who use the system in a PVE game to skip the grinding? 

Yes, though it is hardly punishment. Those people would get by fine without using a macro to spam a key combination faster than humanly possible, in order to skip gameplay.

What the ones who use macros do does not affect your game in any shape or form, if you really don't want to be with one, there are ways to avoid them.

It does affect other's games. It can clutter the screen with blinding effects(luckily DE is working on this), it can completely remove the co-op elements from Warframe(an important facet of is identity), and telling/implying to someone to play solo or to never pub is not a healthy solution nor should it ever be suggested/pushed onto someone.

How's stopping some people to finish the mission quicker more important than giving people with disabilities a chance to play the game better?

One is disrupting normal/intended gameplay by the use of a in-game mechanic being combined with a tool some use to overcome disabilities, creating a obnoxious combination with no regard for others, while trying to justify it with claims of helping others finish faster at the expense of their fun. The other with the inability to spam a slide attack combination to that degree of inhuman frequency for extended periods of time wouldn't be missing out on anything.

The gist of my answer is that it is more important to stop them because their compulsive behavior is based on 'getting it over with', at the expense of everyone else that may care and the dev's intended usage of the thing in question, when they could have just gone solo if they wanted to spam their macro.

27 minutes ago, CeePee said:

Again, there are good macros and there are bad macros. The amount of salt in this thread is hilarious.

Whether or not a macro is good/bad can be subjective since people will have different perspectives and opinions of its usage/purpose.

Edited by EmptyDevil

29 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

Yes, though it is hardly punishment. Those people would get by fine without using a macro to spam a key combination faster than humanly possible, in order to skip gameplay.

It does affect other's games. It can clutter the screen with blinding effects(luckily DE is working on this), it can completely remove the co-op elements from Warframe(an important facet of is identity), and telling/implying to someone to play solo or to never pub is not a healthy solution nor should it ever be suggested/pushed onto someone.

One is disrupting normal/intended gameplay by the use of a in-game mechanic being combined with a tool some use to overcome disabilities, creating a obnoxious combination with no regard for others, while trying to justify it with claims of helping others finish faster at the expense of their fun. The other with the inability to spam a slide attack combination to that degree of inhuman frequency for extended periods of time wouldn't be missing out on anything.

The gist of my answer is that it is more important to stop them because their compulsive behavior is based on 'getting it over with', at the expense of everyone else that may care and the dev's intended usage of the thing in question, when they could have just gone solo if they wanted to spam their macro.

Whether or not a macro is good/bad can be subjective since people will have different perspectives and opinions of its usage/purpose.

Again, you're putting your subjective opinion first and setting all macros in the same basket. Same can be said about on whether something is "normal gameplay" or what is "inhuman" frequency for melee attacks. Being better at something hardly seems like a bannable offence.

A) Good macro: Using your mouse thumb button to bind Ctrl+E on the same button, press once, attack once.

B) Grey area macro: Holding a button for repeating Ctrl+E macro. Debatable if it's ok, basically a "turbo button" for old school controllers. Use at your own risk.

C) Bad macro: Pressing a button once for a repeating Ctrl+E macro for AFK farming.

Here's a video showing the difference between A and B, speedwise there's hardly any difference. B just removes the occasional human error from timing.

7 hours ago, CeePee said:

Again, you're putting your subjective opinion first and setting all macros in the same basket. Same can be said about on whether something is "normal gameplay" or what is "inhuman" frequency for melee attacks. Being better at something hardly seems like a bannable offence.

A) Good macro: Using your mouse thumb button to bind Ctrl+E on the same button, press once, attack once.

B) Grey area macro: Holding a button for repeating Ctrl+E macro. Debatable if it's ok, basically a "turbo button" for old school controllers. Use at your own risk.

C) Bad macro: Pressing a button once for a repeating Ctrl+E macro for AFK farming.

Here's a video showing the difference between A and B, speedwise there's hardly any difference. B just removes the occasional human error from timing.

This is exactly why marcos should not be allowed, if I had someone like this in my party I would just leave what would be the point in remaining in the squad when everything will just die with them using a lazy mode hack, yes this is what that is, plain and simple you are modifying the code in the game to give you an advantage over the games basic controls and features but eliminating the use of certain buttons, this is straight up hacking and I wish @[DE]Danielle  Or @[DE]Rebecca Or @[DE]Steve Would come and give us input, because this is definitely something that should be addressed with the influx of new weapons coming out as of late such as the Ohma...another range slide attack weapon.

21 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

This is exactly why marcos should not be allowed, if I had someone like this in my party I would just leave what would be the point in remaining in the squad when everything will just die with them using a lazy mode hack, yes this is what that is, plain and simple you are modifying the code in the game to give you an advantage over the games basic controls and features but eliminating the use of certain buttons, this is straight up hacking and I wish @[DE]Danielle  Or @[DE]Rebecca Or @[DE]Steve Would come and give us input, because this is definitely something that should be addressed with the influx of new weapons coming out as of late such as the Ohma...another range slide attack weapon.

Or they could just cap the speed to whats humanly possible if extra speed of attack of what is supposed to be possible is occuring. Then people could use what is a quality of life macro.
Not to fussed about having it attack faster then it can normally. But unlike guns where your just left clicking, constant slide attacks do get uncomfortable/can cause sore joints in fingers etc. Like i said, tried changing buttons before and anything gets uncomfortable over time for slide attacks, unlike most other attacks (abilities/standard melee/guns) it doesn't just involve 1 button, and some melee pretty much need constant slide attacks, its the actual bonus of them.

The macro itself isn't your issue, the unintended extra speed is. 

3 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

Dude you are hilarious, I'm guessing you also leave if there's an Ember in the party, or someone using Ignis on a lower level map, or a Simulor Mirage, or pretty much any of the multiple OP frames and weapons this game has? 

And no, it's just pressing ctrl+e on a mouse click, nice try overdramatizing it though. It's not a lazy mode hack, it's not modifying the code. It's like you don't even know what you're talking about. These things are normal when you play on a PC.

If DE really wants to nip this in the bud, they just need to cap the attack speed on melee weapons. The same was true for Burst fire weapons and single fire weapons, higher fps meant you could shoot faster, low fps meant you actually lost dps and shot slower. This was fixed though for burst fire weapons.

The fact that you just "don't like" macros hardly seems like an argument.

I don't, for one second, believe that video was a legit ctrl+e vs macro comparison. You can tell me it is all you want but until you show someone inputting the commands along with the video footage I'm left here giggling at the fact that you specifically used something to boost your attack speed and then mashed your macro button. I've dealt with videos like this before. You show physical evidence or you don't upload the video at all-- especially at that speed.

Furthermore, let's see you do that, without a macro, for an entire 60 minute survival, as I've seen people do. Quick 40 second clips prove next to nothing.

Talking loudly and dropping comparisons to other mechanics doesn't suddenly make you correct. That video does nothing but prove exactly how disruptive someone spinning around in a mission with the Memeace would be to everyone else. Thank god the energy color was at least respectful and not some bright pink catastrophe.

You know, if you people were as good in reading as in sprouting your opinion, this thread would be at least two pages shorter. At this point all arguments against and in favor have all been made at least three times. There even have been several posts with solutions that don't come down to the simplistic and childish "ban them all". Which are quickly drowned out by the constant droning of regurgitated arguments.

But you don't care. You just want to rail against what YOU perceive as unfair. Not looking for solutions or understanding. Just constant whining about how it's unfair.

SMH

4 minutes ago, ComCray said:

you people

So what's with this Us vs Them mentality you have, here?

You're not being victimized. You're seeing individual opinions. Some people want them all banned, some people want them reined in, and some people think they're fine.

Macros are a tricky business. They're easily unfair, especially when used by people who aren't disabled and are just looking for an easier situation than just pressing 2 more buttons. You know, their poor fingers get tired so, instead, they spam one button for an hour instead of spreading their fingers out and pressing 2 of them. Oh, but I forgot. Something something human error something something removed something something not unfair.

You're regurgitating arguments the same as the "people" you're throwing shade at with your own post.

4 hours ago, Styliaan said:

Or they could just cap the speed to whats humanly possible if extra speed of attack of what is supposed to be possible is occuring. Then people could use what is a quality of life macro.

THANK YOU.

Skimming through this thread, I keep seeing hotheaded remarks that the use of macros is an evil thing because it lets players go beyond what is humanly possible. People keep demanding that DE make changes which would negatively impact those who just want to perform certain actions without cramping (let alone people with genuine disabilities).

The root of the problem is that certain attacks are theoretically capable of being spammed far faster than humans can keep up with. If this is somehow addressed, then the problem would be solved AND people could freely use macros without annoying others.

Edited by SortaRandom

19 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

You're regurgitating arguments the same as the "people" you're throwing shade at with your own post.

No. If you had READ you would know I made my arguments at the start of the thread, then tried to come up with solutions and tried to move the thread into something more constructive and my last posts were pointing people at how they should read what was already said.

If you had followed that advice you would have also understood I wasn't trying to make it an "us vs them" but found that it was like that from the start.

Thank you for so blatantly proving my point.

Oh and "you people" was directed to all,not just the "them" or the "us"

Edited by ComCray

There will be no lock, people who cause issues with the general topic will be removed or banned whichever gets handled I dunno, Im not gonna go over the general issues but for the most part people have only been offering maybes and what-ifs , but no one has actually given any tangible proof or any DE reps have yet to respond.