Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

equinox is NOT a "she"

zoobmer

I sympathize with the pain of personal headcanons ending up not being the reality, but there was an official word on this over a year ago when Equinox came out (and even before): Both forms are female. The day form as a more masculine appearance as part of the frame's theming (Yin/Yang, day/night, light/dark, etc.), but that's it--and having a masculine (or feminine) appearance is not a 100% accurate reflection of one's actual gender.

You can, of course, ignore the word from DE and substitute your own version of things--I know a lot of people did that after The Second Dream came out--but asking or, worse, telling the rest of us to do the same is not going to go over well, as is plain from some of the responses here.

2 minutes ago, NinthAria said:

I sympathize with the pain of personal headcanons ending up not being the reality, but there was an official word on this over a year ago when Equinox came out (and even before): Both forms are female. The day form as a more masculine appearance as part of the frame's theming (Yin/Yang, day/night, light/dark, etc.), but that's it--and having a masculine (or feminine) appearance is not a 100% accurate reflection of one's actual gender.

You can, of course, ignore the word from DE and substitute your own version of things--I know a lot of people did that after The Second Dream came out--but asking or, worse, telling the rest of us to do the same is not going to go over well, as is plain from some of the responses here.

thanks for being understanding. I honestly did not know that this was already a discussion.

30 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

yes, species of lizards who are 100% lesbian exist.

As a person who dabbles in herpetology, I find this to be one of the most absurd claims I've ever seen about these lizards. For one, they can't be lesbian because they don't breed nor fall in love. They simply fertilize their own eggs. They're asexual, not lesbians.

"Equinox is in fact a she, but she also has a masculine form."

Both forms of Equinox have been confirmed by DE as female so using "she" is the correct pronoun. Just have a "masculine" build doesn't immediately make you a male, both males and females come in many different builds and while I can understand people have different opinions and personal theories, the creators of the game (including Equinox) have said both forms are female for the past 2 years which means in the lore of the game, both forms of equinox are counted as female. 

Also it is perfectly fine to have your own personal theory or headcannon but please make sure you are not writing it in a way that would cause people to believe its confirmed in-game Warframe lore.