The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why no Kunai Prime?

BlueHandSoap

2 minutes ago, --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO-- said:

Well we have a Spira Prime.... but I believe the Chinese version got it first, so this is what we're stuck with.

That doesn't mean that there won't be a Kunai Prime. DE could have easily added it along with Banshee Prime.

The Euphora and Helios Prime where confirmed with the Banshee Prime Access earlier today.

As for the Kunai, the Strun doesn't have any Prime variant, as well as the Furis and the Furax. People always forget that they are starter weapons too. So sad...

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

As much as I want kunai prime, there's... not much they can do with it stat-wise, spira prime has crits covered, hikou prime has status covered, despair is already a flat damage direct upgrade. Maybe they could give it a quirky unique mechanic ala cernos prime.

Meanwhile the visual upgrade the regular kunai got is awesome and feels only a half-step away from prime already (fits perfectly with braton prime IMO)

42 minutes ago, Sinanju0608 said:

I've just noticed that out of all the starter weapons, the kunai is the only one without a primed version. Is there a particular reason for this? Or has this already been discussed and I just missed it?

Well, I think the Spira is the upgrade to the Kunai, so the Spira Prime is basically as close as we get to the Kunai Prime. You could also consider the Despair as the Prime variant. But as has already been mentioned, the Spira Prime and Hikou Prime already have the thrown secondaries covered pretty well, and unless something is done to make it function uniquely, I doubt they would add it in. 

1 hour ago, rapt0rman said:

As much as I want kunai prime, there's... not much they can do with it stat-wise, spira prime has crits covered, hikou prime has status covered, despair is already a flat damage direct upgrade. Maybe they could give it a quirky unique mechanic ala cernos prime.

Meanwhile the visual upgrade the regular kunai got is awesome and feels only a half-step away from prime already (fits perfectly with braton prime IMO)

What if kunai prime got the multi throw thing from quick steel?

2 hours ago, Sinanju0608 said:

I've just noticed that out of all the starter weapons, the kunai is the only one without a primed version. Is there a particular reason for this? Or has this already been discussed and I just missed it?

The reason behind this is that Spira Prime were originally meant to be Kunai Prime when they first got released in CN.
When we got them , however, they got translated as Spira Prime, even though they had the same stats as Kunais ( but slightly boosted )
which caused them to be outclassed by normal Spiras.
As a result, DE fixed their stats so that they would actually work as a primed version for Spiras.

56 minutes ago, JalakBali said:

Shouldn't Despair be a Prime already? Since Stalker seems to use his own unique weapons and not a mass produced later versions. You could even say Despair is actually Kunai Prime.

that was basically what i was pointing out heheh