Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator Abilities - Void Energy Inconsistent?

Krumnaug

Question

Since completing the War Within, I've noticed some inconsistencies with the Operator's abilities and the Void Energy used to power them.

I've watched videos of other players doing the War Within, as well as running Kuva siphon missions, and I've noticed that their Void abilities seem to pack a LOT more punch than mine do, and they seem to have a lot more void energy at their disposal, pulling off multiple attacks and moves in quick succession before having to recharge.  By contrast, I was constantly getting stuck during War Within because my void abilities didn't have enough power to completely destroy or fully charge the various targets in my path.  Likewise, I'm constantly having trouble during Kuva siphon missions, because I know that if I don't score a direct hit with my void blast, I won't have enough energy left to blink through the guardians and disarm them.  

Is the strength of your void abilities, and your void energy pool, dictated by your mastery rank or some other factor, or is this some kind of bug?  Has anyone else experienced this?  

11 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

well trinity's energy vamp can restore the void power and so can spamming pizzas, limbo not too sure :l

in these vids did they have trinity or did they smap pizzas? o:

None of the videos had a Trinity in them (including the War Within ones), and most of the Kuva siphon videos I watched were solo runs, with no pizzas that I could see.

Likely an old video, in the past your aura mods used to effect your Tenno Powers (Not now, for a dumb reason).

So must be what you been seeing.

Example: Steel Charge, used to make them strong in combat

Now they are pretty much useless and provide nothing to the game 

I don't know for sure, but I think Operator void powers (Especially the beam) are really badly effected by lag, even imperceptible amounts (this is based off of me having the same problem you mentioned on my cheap laptop, and my cousin, who was using the same aura as me, not having any trouble on his ultra-souped-up gaming computer).

Hmm, could it perhaps also be dependent on your focus school? Considering focus is largely an Operator based function. I don't suppose anyone's tried experimenting with the different schools to see if they do affect Operator void powers..?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Carnatus said:

I think there should be some bar showing how much energy you have in Operator form.

Or is there and I can't see it?

There should be an indicator under your cross hair, which is lightly colored when charged and empty looking when drained, I can't recall exactly as I don't often use Operator form, but it should be there.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

1 hour ago, Artorius-Alter said:

Hmm, could it perhaps also be dependent on your focus school? Considering focus is largely an Operator based function. I don't suppose anyone's tried experimenting with the different schools to see if they do affect Operator void powers..?

There should be an indicator under your cross hair, which is lightly colored when charged and empty looking when drained, I can't recall exactly as I don't often use Operator form, but it should be there.

I'd thank you, but I'm upset with you.

I hate holding grudges though, so...

*upvotes*