Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

which warframe fit for me ?

Brothie

Question

22 answers to this question

you could try out ember, she has very strong AoE and some light CC with her 2 (and 4 with augment)

on a side note, my Titania is working out just fine in sorties I 3 shot any enemy while in Razorwing and the enemy accuracy debuff from her 2 is very nice to have aswell as being able to get rid off status effects with her 1

All frames are viable in endgame as the frame doesn't affect your weapons - you just need to learn to play the frame's powers efficiently.

For AoE attacks, Ember is the way to go. Built correctly you press 4 and forget about everything else while you run around.

You can also go Frost. It has more CC in the form of its snowglobe, and Avalanche is AoE damage and AoE CC in one awesome button.

20 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

All frames are viable in endgame as the frame doesn't affect your weapons - you just need to learn to play the frame's powers efficiently.

For AoE attacks, Ember is the way to go. Built correctly you press 4 and forget about everything else while you run around.

You can also go Frost. It has more CC in the form of its snowglobe, and Avalanche is AoE damage and AoE CC in one awesome button.

Dont forget his augmented second skill, which a very nice and quick CC for when casting 3 would be ineffective and casting 4 would be costly or wasteful. Hell, I use his 1 for targeted CC quite often.

33 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

"Looking at Oberon"

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

Saryn.

Who needs to CC enemies when they're dead two tiles over?

I have never met a person who could out-dps my Saryn in the long run. Mostly because they can't find anything alive to kill, and that's talking at level 80-100 enemies, not low-level junk

That said, Frost is probably one of the single best balanced frames in the game. He has team support, great CC, late game utility, and every single ability is useful no matter how difficult your enemies (even if slightly less useful later on, most warframe abilities just become obsolete at a certain point).

Edited by Xarteros

17 minutes ago, Xarteros said:

Saryn.

Who needs to CC enemies when they're dead two tiles over?

I have never met a person who could out-dps my Saryn in the long run. Mostly because they can't find anything alive to kill, and that's talking at level 80-100 enemies, not low-level junk

With a saryn with 269% Power Strenght and 250% Power Range a rhino buffer with 349% Power Strenght(Energy conversion) is barely enough to 1shot level 50-60 enemies with 4 cp auras in the team 2 tiles away.To kill level 80 -100 enemies you need your whole combo molt-spores on molt(damaged molt helps a ton,more damage)and then miasma to triple the damage but that damage is dealt in a big room with enough power range.

So my point is without any disrespect towards you,but the fact that you found no one who could outdamage you makes me feel weird cause for example, an equinox can kill high level content a lot easier with a maim build or a mirage with naramon passive+maiming strike weapons(telos boltace,atterax)with gas EXTREMES amount of damage in seconds and can destroy crowds of enemies.

2 hours ago, Dave855 said:

you could try out ember, she has very strong AoE and some light CC with her 2 (and 4 with augment)

on a side note, my Titania is working out just fine in sorties I 3 shot any enemy while in Razorwing and the enemy accuracy debuff from her 2 is very nice to have aswell as being able to get rid off status effects with her 1

no, embers AOE is nothing compared to the AOE of proper frames.... ember is something u pick to clear lvl 10-20 content, not more...

u got plenty of suggestions already, pick any of these.... just dont take ember, u will be on the ground more than u deal damage, shes lacking proper survivability, her AOE is mediocre compared to other frames.... unless u want to do lvl 20 exterminates. and she has no reliable CC... 

if u have trouble with excalibur, who is pretty great for anything in the starchart, u can try rhino. Hard CC+AOE, damage obsorbing shield, some mobility and a damage buff that also affects nearby squad mates.

remember, the goal is to have fun so pick whatever u like playing, all frames can be endgame viable. 

Edited by ..-Hayden-Tenno-..

3 hours ago, ..-Hayden-Tenno-.. said:

no, embers AOE is nothing compared to the AOE of proper frames.... ember is something u pick to clear lvl 10-20 content, not more...

u got plenty of suggestions already, pick any of these.... just dont take ember, u will be on the ground more than u deal damage, shes lacking proper survivability, her AOE is mediocre compared to other frames.... unless u want to do lvl 20 exterminates. and she has no reliable CC... 

if u have trouble with excalibur, who is pretty great for anything in the starchart, u can try rhino. Hard CC+AOE, damage obsorbing shield, some mobility and a damage buff that also affects nearby squad mates.

remember, the goal is to have fun so pick whatever u like playing, all frames can be endgame viable. 

I must be playing Ember wrong to take her to sorties without dying and still coming out of a four man group having done more than half the team's damage.

2 hours ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

I must be playing Ember wrong to take her to sorties without dying and still coming out of a four man group having done more than half the team's damage.

What, do you have 6 forma on your Ember? She isn't really that great for endgame content. Her 4 ability damage falls off at about level 45 enemies, maybe 50-55. You'd have to spam Accelerant all the time to even do decent damage with her, and if you're outdamaging fellow Tenno with Ember in sorties, you aren't playing with remotely good people.

I personally love Ember, as a concept and as a frame, but I refuse to bring her into endgame content because there is always something better to use. Just my personally opinion here.

CC and AoE huh?

Ember, Equinox, Nova, Banshee (If you play her well), Vauban (Though he's a little technical), Saryn, AND CERTAINLY Nidus.

But that's for being offensive (Exception of Vauban being highly defensive too) good Defensive ones are Frost, Hydroid, Oberon, Limbo, Mag, even Nezha to an extent.

But depending on HOW you play the frames on your own style Will make the frame do what you want. Any frame is viable to do anything as long as you make it do that. 

Welcome to Warframe, where preference makes the Tenno.

Na? K i'll recommend Nidus then.

He isn't exactly about aoe OR Cc but he has damage and Cc en mass....

His second and forth ability are Cc, spawning a very power efficient tentacles that stunnlocks enemys briefly and spawn maggots that attack and disable enemys (do damage on attack, kill and death).. His 1. ability can be used to attack those hoardet enemys - or enemys in generall then, doing the highest ability damage in the game trough his "mutation" scaling as you progress trough a game (Up to 30k stock). His 3. is a survival/damage skill, transfering recieved damage to the enslaved enemy, boosting your power strength and supporting your 1. ability fire with a second wave while the link is on...

His 1. and 2. run on energy (40 -20 base in that order, 1. wins you energy back) and his 3. and 4. use 3 mutation stacks each (4; the maggots in detail, win you mutation back.), what makes him hella power efficient AND strong af.

No auto pilot on that one. You need to hoard enemys together to do "aoe" to that specific area and you need to get mutation going to do damage at all but the results and execution are just so darn awesome...Can even be combined with unorthodox means like Lacera on a 100% Status build (pull 10-15 enemys together and do a frickin slide attack on a elec/gas build -> 10-15 enemys proccing the status multiplying the dealt damage by how many enemys are caught. Best frame for that kinda stuff. Also easily combinable with maiming strike and naramon, what makes his 3., parasitic link, a constant boost)

Kinda hard to farm with that wonky dropprate (took me solid 40 eris runs to get the chassis) but i wasn't let down. The results are on a whole different scale.

Hit me up for a build.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

On 23/02/2017 at 8:19 PM, Zeruge said:

With a saryn with 269% Power Strenght and 250% Power Range a rhino buffer with 349% Power Strenght(Energy conversion) is barely enough to 1shot level 50-60 enemies with 4 cp auras in the team 2 tiles away.To kill level 80 -100 enemies you need your whole combo molt-spores on molt(damaged molt helps a ton,more damage)and then miasma to triple the damage but that damage is dealt in a big room with enough power range.

So my point is without any disrespect towards you,but the fact that you found no one who could outdamage you makes me feel weird cause for example, an equinox can kill high level content a lot easier with a maim build or a mirage with naramon passive+maiming strike weapons(telos boltace,atterax)with gas EXTREMES amount of damage in seconds and can destroy crowds of enemies.

You entirely misunderstand the scaling damage potential of Spores.

37 minutes ago, Xarteros said:

You entirely misunderstand the scaling damage potential of Spores.

Spores real use is spreading viral which helps you kill enemies a lot faster and if you use molt to do toxin damage and use miasma to do corrosive damage after that then yeah all enemies even high level enemies die in a room.But that costs like 200 plus energy to do that combo meaning its EV dependant combo as is a saryn spamming spores.

Spores damage alone is barely enough to kill the enemies on Berehynia and thats why people bring buffers and cp auras along so that spore damage alone is enough to 1shot them.

Also this whole conversation is about you never seeing anyone outdamage a saryn which is a little odd dont you think?

I have nothing against saryn and i play saryn a lot with groups but there are other more efficient frames to do DPS with.

12 hours ago, Zeruge said:

Spores real use is spreading viral which helps you kill enemies a lot faster and if you use molt to do toxin damage and use miasma to do corrosive damage after that then yeah all enemies even high level enemies die in a room.But that costs like 200 plus energy to do that combo meaning its EV dependant combo as is a saryn spamming spores.

Spores damage alone is barely enough to kill the enemies on Berehynia and thats why people bring buffers and cp auras along so that spore damage alone is enough to 1shot them.

Also this whole conversation is about you never seeing anyone outdamage a saryn which is a little odd dont you think?

I have nothing against saryn and i play saryn a lot with groups but there are other more efficient frames to do DPS with.

In the april fools hour long survival which started at level 80 enemies and went to around level 100-120 enemies, I played with 3 other damage-based warframe builds and I scored over 80% damage dealt as a Saryn. This is just an example, and the more enemies you have in the mission, the better. Exterminate is a waste of Saryn's talent, but play a Survival or Mob Def or something and you'll be committing genocide.

I'm going to say it again. You entirely misunderstand the scaling damage potential of Spores. You need to go and re-read the ability. Miasma is a waste of time, energy and spores, and is only useful for the stun, which isn't as useful as just outright killing them.

Using spores only for the viral proc is like using a nuclear warhead as a doorstop. If you can't understand why or how, test it yourself or look up a guide. I'd invite you to watch me put it in action, but I don't care enough to bother finding free time when you're available.

EDIT: Also, if you need an EV to support your Saryn, you're not playing Saryn properly. Read the abilities again. 

Edited by Xarteros