Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In need of Guidance from other Tennos

pmarques

Question

Hi all,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this I would thank if any admin could move this to the right Subforum.

Moving on, I got a Rhino im building right now, but i dont know wich one to use. I dont really care about the build that part i can figure out. but there are so many weapons in this game i dont know wich ne to use. so im basicly saying with no mods no stances wich ones i should aim for.

Thank you in advance :P <3

6 answers to this question

At this point I would just tell you to experiment. You'll end up using all the weapons anyway to level up your Mastery rank, and all the frames if you plan to get all the planets and quests done

Another good frame for beginners is Valkyr since she can self-heal just by attacking with her 4th power

It doesn't matter a whole lot which weapons you choose as the power of them really doesn't start to matter until you encounter Level 60+ enemies.  I'd suggest trying what you like the look of first, because any weapon can be starchart viable. 

Edited by Vulpei

With how many weapons and Warframes there are in the game, I wouldn't worry about getting the "best" one right now.

You're going to experiment and you're going to rank up weapons you don't like just to advance your MR.  I personally started grabbing the cheapest blueprints from the market and just using them as MR fodder.

I'd look at the Karak and Grakata, they're decent weapons.  After that, fight Vor to get the Cronus.  Those are, again, decent weapons to start with.

If you're asking this and building Rhino, you're around MR 2. At this point you don't have many 'good' options; however at the same time it won't matter much because I doubt you'll be fighting stuff over level 20. Pick which one looks good. Early game weapons are early game weapons.

If you can't make up your mind however, for primaries I'd recommend the Boltor [automatic], the Karak [automatic], the Latron [semi-auto], the Burston [burst fire], or the Strun [shotgun]. None of these require anything above your MR.

For secondaries I'd recommend the Lex [semi-auto], the Bolto [semi-auto], the Sonicor [semi-auto, AOE], or the Hikou [throwing]. Again, nothing above your MR.

For Melee I'd recommend Galatine [heavy blade], Dual Zoren [dual swords], or the Orthos [polearm]. The Galatine is MR 3.

The bold items are exceptions to my early-game statement; these are quite good and should serve you well for... a while.

These are all good answers but don't forget to mod as you can!

No matter what weapon you have, even if it's the "best", without mods it won't be anything. Use damaged ones to start with and switch them out for regular ones as you get the chance. Undamaged mods will have far better stats than their damaged counterparts. Also remember that most anything  in terms of mods is better than nothing, especially mods that add damage via elemental effects or critical values. It won't matter too much at first, but you'll find yourself having greater and greater trouble killing enemies the further you get without modding.