Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please lock AFK players out of mission rewards

General_Durandal

3 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

XD

By fun, I mean killing dudes.

I expect fun, ergo, to kill dudes, when I am part of a team. I shouldn't have to ''go play solo'' to get that. And I shouldn't have to sit steaming in my chair, being endlessly annoyed by a Mirage/Simulor while I play the little buff slave like a good teammate, like you seem to suggest.

Now, just to make a clear point though, I don't like leeching for the sake of it, entering a mission, finding a little corner and sitting there. I don't do that.

I only do it, leeching, when I am already pissed by afore mentioned Mirage/Simulor in my Akkad run, and typically those people don't give a damn anyway because they know their combo alone in such a small map means they're carrying all of the kills solo anyway.

When I am willing to bother going up against that cheap &amp;#&#33; combo I usually even still net a good damage/kill ratio. I don't care about being the top dog, what pisses me off is when one guy has a thousand kills and the rest of us sit at <100 solely because everything dies too quickly for us to even shoot at it.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

1 hour ago, Chipputer said:

Honestly, how often does a dying person stop being in whatever need they were just in just in the nick of time for you to get your mission rewards?

What the f*ck? Who the HELL is saying that, because I'd very much like to stick 'em on my Ignore list. If someone is in dire need of medical assistance, i.e. a heart attack, you wouldn't take the time to even excuse yourself from the game. There would be no "omg dad having a heart attack." You'd jump up from the computer, and WarFrame would probably run in the background for hours. Anyone you see using that excuse, hit "Ignore" and don't ever associate with that Satan-spawn again.... lol.

2 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

I expect fun, ergo, to kill dudes, when I am part of a team. I shouldn't have to ''go play solo'' to get that. And I shouldn't have to sit steaming in my chair, being endlessly annoyed by a Mirage/Simulor while I play the little buff slave like a good teammate, like you seem to suggest.

Then, don't be steamed? It's easy to not get mad at a game when you understand it's just a game.

If you need to kill things, do something that ensures you get kills.

But seriously, the only time I get 0 kills in a mission is when it's an exterminate and there are room killers.

Enemies constantly spawn, in every mission other than exterminate.

So just go off a different path and kill dudes where your team isn't.

Or, get faster, by equipping Rush and Armored Agility.

2 hours ago, Hixlysss said:

They are, but the afk timer is 2 minutes. All they have to do is move the mouse or just nudge themselves a bit and it resets the timer.

i dont know its posibble implement some kind of  activity check during mission...lets say at interval of every 5 sec....

3 minutes ago, ControversyB said:

What the f*ck? Who the HELL is saying that, because I'd very much like to stick 'em on my Ignore list. If someone is in dire need of medical assistance, i.e. a heart attack, you wouldn't take the time to even excuse yourself from the game. There would be no "omg dad having a heart attack." You'd jump up from the computer, and WarFrame would probably run in the background for hours. Anyone you see using that excuse, hit "Ignore" and don't ever associate with that Satan-spawn again.... lol.

Don't worry, that's exactly what I do.

1 minute ago, ControversyB said:

Well, maybe they wanted to tell the team what happened?

The part that should get the ignore is when the guy comes back, after making a medical emergency claim.

"My _____ is having a heart attack!"

*comes back before the end of the mission so the don't lose their reward*

That is when you ignore them.

Back in December 2016 one of my cats was sick and needed medicine every day at 6pm and 6am,

one day I was in a long mission at 6pm, and needed to deal with him.

They didn't believe me, so I started not playing till after giving him his medicine.

22 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

Now, just to make a clear point though, I don't like leeching for the sake of it, entering a mission, finding a little corner and sitting there. I don't do that.

I only do it, leeching, when I am already pissed by afore mentioned Mirage/Simulor in my Akkad run, and typically those people don't give a damn anyway because they know their combo alone in such a small map means they're carrying all of the kills solo anyway.

When I am willing to bother going up against that cheap &amp;#&#33; combo I usually even still net a good damage/kill ratio. I don't care about being the top dog, what pisses me off is when one guy has a thousand kills and the rest of us sit at <100 solely because everything dies too quickly for us to even shoot at it.

I can understand your frustration.

The only real advice I can give to help have fun is,

go to a different place with the same mission type or tile type if that place is infested with doppleganging mirages,

play the mission solo with your fave/best frame,

play a different team oriented mission type,

or, well,

play a different game.

The only time anyone should leach for any reason,

is when you're playing with invited friends, and they are okay with it.

12 hours ago, Chipputer said:

"My deceasing grandfather," is not a cat. Neither is, "my mother," "my sibling," or any other direct, humanoid family member I've seen referred to.

It's possible to finish helping right at the end of a mission, but it's statistically incredibly unlikely that everyone with a dying family member is happening to come back right at the end of the mission to get their rewards. Dying people do not put the death process on hold for you to get virtual loot.

If my mother would be near death, i would stop f*ing playing warframe and spend every Minute with her. There shouldnt be different oppinions about this.

17 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

The punishment for leechers should be a three day ban at least.

Repeat offenders should get bigger punishments.

3 days... you must have a severe hatred towards AFK people.. That turns people away from Warframe and makes them not want to play if they are banned for 3 days if they might have been accidentally AFK for just two minutes. Then you want it to increase incrementally after that? Rethink your decision. 

I do, however, agree with your repeat offenders portion of your argument. It should increase incrementally,but with a certain extent, like when someone gets communications banned on Xbox Live, it starts at 1 day, then 3 days, then a week, 2 weeks, 3, a month, and so on. But within a game? It should be lowered to like 6 or 7 hours maybe.

8 hours ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

Just as a quick review for the people playing the home game: git gud is Warframe jargon for "Get a Mirage and a Synoid Simulor." 

No, it's get good.

But I assume you are only saying that because,

the AFKers that are trying to defend AFKing are saying they are doing it because of all the mirage simolore users.

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

3 days... you must have a severe hatred towards AFK people.. That turns people away from Warframe and makes them not want to play if they are banned for 3 days if they might have been accidentally AFK for just two minutes. Then you want it to increase incrementally after that? Rethink your decision. 

I do, however, agree with your repeat offenders portion of your argument. It should increase incrementally,but with a certain extent, like when someone gets communications banned on Xbox Live, it starts at 1 day, then 3 days, then a week, 2 weeks, 3, a month, and so on. But within a game? It should be lowered to like 6 or 7 hours maybe.

Yeah, accidental AFKing is pretty easy, i've done it.

At the very least, they should do something to punish AFKer players that get reported multiple times.

Maybe the first three times are warnings,

then a 2 hour ban, then a 4 hour ban, increasing by two hours every offence.

But, there would have to be proof of AFKing, don't want trolls reporting players that weren't AFKing.

Being fake reported by an AFKer for AFKing is one of my fears.

That's why I record my gameplay, so if someone ever does, I can be like, here's proof I wasn't AFK.

2 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

No, it's get good.

But I assume you are only saying that because,

the AFKers that are trying to defend AFKing are saying they are doing it because of all the mirage simolore users.

Wow. Sense of humor needs a once over by a certified mechanic there. I know what git gud actually means; this isn't my first rodeo.

As for AFK players, they're annoying, but I was gonna do that mission anyway. I don't care if they get rewards, it has zero effect on me.