Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

name change in a taken name

Hawkeye

Question

So i have been hearing about being able to change your name into a taken name trough support (200P subtracted and granted that the account that has the name has been inactive) but i haven't been able to find anything official about this.

does anyone here know if this is possible and/or have experience with requesting it?

7 answers to this question

35 minutes ago, Alex9-3-9 said:

Nope. They don't do that.

do you have any source backing this up?

12 minutes ago, Sean said:

Yep, they do, but it most likely is done on a case-by-case basis involving several factors.

Add the player that has the name you would like as a friend so you can check their profile, also good to get screenshots together to help support your case.

same unsourced prob i guess

the player seems to have an hour or so played, tough i cant really see when that was.

ill try a support ticket on monday i guess

Edited by eenspuidoniem

I have personal experience. Some long time ago I made an account named Alex939 and forgot the password and email for that one. I opened a support ticket, but they said they couldn't do anything, so I had to rename my main account to Alex9-3-9 because reasons.

2 hours ago, Sean said:

What I'm saying is not unsourced, as I AM the source, lol.

When I was getting screenshots together, I showed one of their MR and clan, their profile's summary, number of kills, and their equipment tab. I have no doubt Support looked into it further to see the exact time that they last logged in and the number of times they logged in prior to that last instance, along with many other factors. Something like this involves a bit of thoroughness to make sure it won't impact the name's previous owner.

well thanks for specifying how you did it, from your previous post i didn't make out that you got the name change yourself.

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

Noamuth changed her name to @MagPrime the other day.

@Imaru has also had support help with this (IIRC).

Account needs to have been inactive for 2 years in order to take the name.

I wasn't given any specifics on how it works.  

Went to change my alias, found the name raken, has a suspicions, went in game and looked at the profile.

Since be account had nothing but 0's, I took some screenshots and contacted support.