The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Me trying to upgrade my MR...

(PSN)LeonidasxGGG

10 minutes ago, Azlen said:

Who doesn't need their MK1 Paris still?

Lol in all seriousess, no I wouldn't expect every player to keep lowgrade versions of weapons. I do, because I can, and I will get the the point where I have every weapon available eventually. Now, I go far past what i'd imagine most normal players do (make 2 extras of an akimbo variant just to keep my regular, even if its not potato'd). 

Though getting rid of primes and things you just don't "use" at the moment seems terribly silly. Just because mag is dumpster feed right now doesn't mean shes worth trashing. Heaven forbid they rework her (in a beta? Never!) And all of a sudden her kit becomes everything you love. Now you'd have to go through the effort of wasting all that plat to get her prime again (that you trashed, theorhetically) instead of just taking the time to earn a little plat to pay for an extra slot. And no offense but if you like Hydroid so much, you must not have a problem with using inefficient frames xD

In the end it's none of my business, you play how you want. But plat is incredibly easy to make in the game for free. If you can't be bothered to have the slightest bit of forward thinking, then I only hope you never regret it later :)

Could you be a little more condescending?  I don't think they feel belittled enough.

most people are like "i no longer feel the need to mastery level" yet they want some other way to do it. makes no sense, i personally like ranking up, for me it makes me really happy when i reach new MR currently 22 started after spectre rails (no rushing), in the game where it's all about " collecting items" yes that's what this game is, collecting each and every available frame and weapon, makes sense to have mastery based on it. just shows that high mastery person has build more weapon/frames. that's it, has nothing to do with skills and would make no sense because anything a mr23 can do, as mentioned by someone MR5 can do it as well. that's actually a good thing imo which doesnt limit you because of low mastery

15 hours ago, Azlen said:

In the end it's none of my business, you play how you want. But plat is incredibly easy to make in the game for free. If you can't be bothered to have the slightest bit of forward thinking, then I only hope you never regret it later :)

All quest/story content in the game is unlocked at MR5.

All gear in the game are unlocked at MR13 (well, 14 now with Euphona Prime), with most of them being unlocked WELL before then; by MR8, you have access to all warframes and all but 10 weapons, 6 of which are Syndicate weapons (which are just stat variants of existing weapons and also some of the most broken gear in the game) and 2 of which are Tigris and Galatine prime, two of the most broken weapons in the game.

Effectively, any MR above 14 is just fluff and bragging rights, and the weapons unlocked beyond MR8 are ones of such stupidly large power that it's perfectly fine that it takes a while to get to them, so that they don't trivialize the entire game from the get-go.

It's fine that MR is as slow as it is above 8, and it's actually a really good system that gives completionists a compelling reason to use non-meta gear, if only for a little while.