Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Power unavailable?

issh0man

Question

so yesterday i was running kuva missions with a friend on a grineer tileset. at one point i had the little red circles around all my abilities but it never went away. each time i'd press 4 or whatever, it'd say something like "power unavailable", random blue would flash on the screen, and a weird noise would play.

i tried doing unstuck, i tried falling off the map, i tried hitting escape, i tried using my focus power, but nothing would work and i'd get the same "power unavailable" over and over again. my friend didn't have this issue, so it was just me. i had full energy and everything, so i don't understand what the problem was.

has anyone else run into this? is this a normal part of the gameplay that i just haven't stumbled across yet? it was rather frustrating because i had become ultimately useless for the kuva siphon.

if anyone could give me some insight, that'd be cool. :(

13 answers to this question

Seems like a bug to me. I'd mention this is the bug forum so this can reach the appropriate channels. 

First of all, from my experience, no Grineer unit has nullifying powers. What you just described is what usually happens when you're inside a nullifier bubble or affected by a Comba/Scrambus. Which are all Corpus units.

Just now, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

could have been one of these near you

Image result for corpus unit warframe

Except they mentioned they were on a Grineer tile set. I guess it's possible they were mistaken and were actually on a Corpus tile set, but even then. If his friend was still able to use powers and the like it unlikely that a Scrambus was near them.

Just now, (Xbox One)DRG JupiterIvan said:

Except they mentioned they were on a Grineer tile set. I guess it's possible they were mistaken and were actually on a Corpus tile set, but even then. If his friend was still able to use powers and the like it unlikely that a Scrambus was near them.

^ re check edit , i have a hard time typing on phone sorry o. o

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)DRG JupiterIvan said:

nah it was definitely a grineer tileset. :( if it was a scrambus i would've known by the jumbled up noise it makes but there wasn't one.

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)Sacrfishal Lamb said:

I had that exact bug happen on a non-kuva mission. Happened to my entire squad while assassinating Tyl Regor.

This bug can and does happen on the sealab tilesets.  I had it happen to me and a teammate during a sortie Tyl Regor assassination.  It's linked (I believe) to being forced out of an underwater pipe by the water that rises up.  This will deny the use of powers for the rest of the mission unless you die and respawn (again, I believe that's the case, since I refused to die in the sortie mission and we finished it without powers).

On 2/28/2017 at 7:30 AM, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

This bug can and does happen on the sealab tilesets.  I had it happen to me and a teammate during a sortie Tyl Regor assassination.  It's linked (I believe) to being forced out of an underwater pipe by the water that rises up.  This will deny the use of powers for the rest of the mission unless you die and respawn (again, I believe that's the case, since I refused to die in the sortie mission and we finished it without powers).

Good to know. Hopefully DE can fix it in the near future.