Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fatal Teleport (once again) + Covert Lethality

Repiru

Question

13 answers to this question

Doesn't wiki answer your question already? 

i don't see how +Damage to a Script Kill is useful.
might help in a situation where you've exceeded Lv9999 Enemies perhaps, though.

6 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

but the increased damage will give a larger heal from Life Strike, for example.

yeah, just incase you have like 500,000 Health! :P

44 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Yes, finisher mods should increase damage dealt.

The mob will die anyway, because of the effect of Covert Lethality, but the increased damage will give a larger heal from Life Strike, for example.

Yes, but Life Strike heals based on the damage done, if you do instakill damage, you get healed by that amount, which is well able to refill your health completely.

the answer is no you do not need finishing touch etc if you have covert lethality because it forces your weapon to do the amount of damage required to kill the mob. no more no less. "lethal damage" on finisher. aka DEATH!!! you don't even need pressure point. just attack speed to make the stab animation as quick as possible is the only real requirement. everything else is optional and range does nothing because its forced finisher right at there back with fatal teleport and no damage mods needed because covert, no status chance needed as it wont be effect as it will be dead. maybe gas could be useful if it takes the lethal damage total for its toxic burst. but yea 

4 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Yes, finisher mods should increase damage dealt.

The mob will die anyway, because of the effect of Covert Lethality, but the increased damage will give a larger heal from Life Strike, for example.

I thought Life Strike is only for channeling attacks?

4 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Yes, but Life Strike heals based on the damage done, if you do instakill damage, you get healed by that amount, which is well able to refill your health completely.

Hmm, not sure why I believed that the actual finisher damage was independent of the one-hit-kill effect of Covert Lethality.

Just tested in the Simulacrum and a Covert Lethality kill did indeed heal my Inaros to full, so finisher mods don't have any effect on that damage (or at least none that matters).

1 hour ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Hmm, not sure why I believed that the actual finisher damage was independent of the one-hit-kill effect of Covert Lethality.

Just tested in the Simulacrum and a Covert Lethality kill did indeed heal my Inaros to full, so finisher mods don't have any effect on that damage (or at least none that matters).

Wait-- so let's hypothetically say that we use a finisher on an extremely weak enemy with 1 max health, and we do like 100 Finisher damage with the CL dagger.

According to your testing, Life Strike would instantly refill thousands of health anyways?

5 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

Wait-- so let's hypothetically say that we use a finisher on an extremely weak enemy with 1 max health, and we do like 100 Finisher damage with the CL dagger.

According to your testing, Life Strike would instantly refill thousands of health anyways?

I guess if you're killing really weak enemies where your regular finisher damage would exceed their max health even without Covert Lethality's OHK effect then you may see some benefit, but against enemies that weak does it really matter?

Unfortunately I only have a max rank Life Strike, so it's hard to test comprehensively as I heal to full from one finisher in virtually every scenario.