Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

deleted.

(XBOX)Ice Guardian

Question

Limbo is the best hands down. Just Riftwalk and stand there until Kuva comes. Then pop out your operator while everyone is distracted with your Limbo (who's safely in the Rift) and stuff your face with Kuva. Absolutely trivializes Kuva farming.

Only problem is the mission with Kuva on it. If it's something other than Spy or Rescue you're pretty screwed on solo.

IF you have one person on Limbo, it doesn't matter what frames other people bring because invulnerable.

Even if they all run off into oblivion as the invulnerability is about to wear off or roll into a giant crowd it's fine because you're still Limo and you can sit there "alt tabbed" until you hear the Kuva and complete the flood.

Unfortunately your perfect team is imperfect by including atlas. There is nothing he can do that other warframes can't do and then some. 

Valkyr, Inaros, Nidus each offer a heck of a lot of crowd control/distraction on top of their effective hp (Nidus/Valkyr being onof the top with their sustain and damage reduction).

Chroma (ice) is up on that list as well. With eternal ward you also give your teammates 3.6x their armor.

Ivara can just cloak the whole team technically.

The effect of Hydroid's puddle on guardians is unknown to me, but if it works then the enemies will have quite the sinking feeling.

Nezha has team shields and stagger fire.

Nova is Nova.

Quite literally the point stands that there isnt actually a "perfect" team for Kuva floods outside of 4 Limbos but since Kuva floods include a primary mission (Survival, Spy, etc) lack of diversity could hamper the ease of said mission.

Instead you might consider listing the plausible roles/builds/effectiveness of each warframe for Kuva floods as that may be a lot more accepted and useful to those that do them (even though most people just use any ol frame presumably).

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)Ice Guardian said:

You seem to confuse logic with irrelevant trivia

not really since it was a joke 

and truth be told all frames are viable with tactics and play, some have a skill gap true but overall the poster was correct , so overall not really illogical, the very notion this team is "perfect" is more an action of hubris then factual truth , is it a good team yes that is a accurate statment , but perfect no xD 

this is all a fallacy 

Nice ideas OP.

My 2 cents...

Limbo is highly effective for Kuva farming given the long duration he can stay in Rift (build for duration and more duration).

You can have fun watching the Guardians and Kuva Mobs come at you while waiting for the Kuva Clouds.

While in operator mode, your frame remains in the Rift so you're pretty safe too.

As someone mentioned, creatively putting allies in the Rift helps a lot for the team too (though folks who doesn't understand Limbo mechanics tend to see them as a nuisance).

Enjoy and Good Luck.

25 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Ice Guardian said:

Again, good for you, go make a post on you doing a solo kuva flood like anyone could do..

Wait I'll save you the time.

I used wukong today on a kuva flood. And I soloed it all by my self.

yes it much more easy cz u dont need to worry  about anyone going down...

4 hours ago, ashrah said:

I'm a clan and alliance leader, I enjoy helping people even if they're not my clan members. I want to encorporate teamwork and allow people to participate in kuva flood if even only to become more familiar with kuva flood. They wouldn't get any experience if I told them to go away as I get the kuva. They will become dependent on me, rather than understand how to do the kuva flood.

My team I devised AGAIN, is to establish co-op teamwork in a flawless strategic setup.

If you feel solo is best that go solo kuva, this post is not about you being able to bring Loki, limbo, or wukong in and make everyone stay away.

1 hour ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

I can recommend nidus. Larva is a pretty good way to keep those guys at bay and his ult is also CC that extends the operator mode.

Nidus isn't that great for kuva flood. I've seen nidus's join and get wrecked and stay in the way.

Besides when it comes to Uber(level 80-100+)

Nidus is not exactly preferred

You lose stacks quick just standing around the syphon.

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Ice Guardian said:
1 hour ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

I can recommend nidus. Larva is a pretty good way to keep those guys at bay and his ult is also CC that extends the operator mode.

Nidus isn't that great for kuva flood. I've seen nidus's join and get wrecked and stay in the way.

Besides when it comes to Uber(level 80-100+)

Nidus is not exactly preferred

You lose stacks quick just standing around the syphon.

Stacks that can easily be regained just by catching and firing up nonguardians while you're able to link onto some for 90% damage reduction, refilling your energy in the process. Missing off the bat damage can also be substained with melee ( A Lacera with a 100% gas electro status build including maiming strike and Condition overload works wonders with his larva), which would affect growing power and shadow step as well if you got those.

All you do need on stacks is one to link and 3 more for maggots. Hardly an issue. Wouldn't know what nidus you're been running with but i topped that tier just yesterday running with a frost.

4 hours ago, ashrah said:

My team= nearly flawless

Your team of 4 wukongs = 4 monkey fart clouds sitting on crate 1-4 tenno jump out and get wrecked by guards, and level 100 enemies.

Wukongs has a duration, and drains energy.

No variety, no teamwork, no fun, no point

1 minute ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Stacks that can easily be regained just by catching and firing up nonguardians while you're able to link onto some for 90% damage reduction, refilling your energy in the process. Missing off the bat damage can also be substained with melee ( A Lacera with a 100% gas electro status build including maiming strike and Condition overload works wonders with his larva), which would affect growing power and shadow step as well if you got those.

All you do need on stacks is one to link and 3 more for maggots. Hardly an issue. Wouldn't know what nidus you're been running with but i topped that tier just yesterday running with a frost.

So tell me how you plan to keep your stacks up with enemies that would otherwise one shot nidus's stack nonstop automatic ranged gunfire, and kuva guards going ham on you, how do you plan to cc everything in a 360 radius quickly about 15-30meters around the kuva siphon?

And use tenno to vdash through kuva clouds. Are you for using nidus's for CC? Are you using nidus for defense? What even is his role/point?

Whatever his role/point, there are better cc, defense, tank, and DPS characters to choose.

Your melee and maggots are not that significant of support/use.

...Limbo can heal using augment banish, does that matter or help for this mission not significantly, because you don't even need to take any damage. Enemies at level 100 1shot you.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Ice Guardian said:

So tell me how you plan to keep your stacks up with enemies that would otherwise one shot nidus's stack nonstop automatic ranged gunfire, and kuva guards going ham on you, how do you plan to cc everything in a 360 radius quickly about 15-30meters around the kuva siphon?

And use tenno to vdash through kuva clouds. Are you for using nidus's for CC? Are you using nidus for defense? What even is his role/point?

Whatever his role/point, there are better cc, defense, tank, and DPS characters to choose.

Your melee and maggots are not that significant of support/use.

...Limbo can heal using augment banish, does that matter or help for this mission not significantly, because you don't even need to take any damage. Enemies at level 100 1shot you.

All, since his kit does in fact icludes all?! 

Larva is instant Stunlock Cc that affects all enemys in a big range, thus lets you make stacks, thus makes you further invulnerable with link. Ccing and attacking them does damage and Cc, pretty OP ones in fact, especially should you resort to a lacera and naramon as gas not only instantly offers the damage off a fully wind up crit build, but also scales off multipliers such as stealth. Who the hell even needs or can maintain 360°CC while in operator mode? Or even anywhere outside Low lvl LoR these days...

1 slide attack is usually enough to end that level range.

All dangerous enemys are gone after that measure, maggots are sufficient Cc extending that on incomming units. Get enough stacks on those guys and you also get insta revives. 

So irrelevant ~ but oy, don't mind me. You stick to your meta and i'll break it in the meantime.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Had a bit of fun reading OP's reactions to... well, anything.
On the other hand, why would you need that strategy? It's needlessly complicated (though it would be nice if that level of planning would be REQUIRED somewhere in the game, besides trials I think).
The idea of trapping kuva guardians is fun, I admit, but it's honestly better to just keep the area around the siphon as clear as possible, killing enemies as they come. Less hassle, more loot. In the current state of the game, sadly, if you can't survive kuva flood guardians, you're better off farming usual siphons and making as much kuva in the meantime.

[removed by moderator]

there is no perfect or flawless team in truth, and as your considering 1 permutation of units, when infact the entire point of frames as they are can be combined to create synergy and team dynamics to arrive at the same goal. 

granted you want to defend your position i understand but , please act more mature then the immature responses ive seen in this thread by you , a well stated argument sounds better then a childish snide remark and helps your position 

first before you start by attacking another point of view , try to find the logic and place a detailed strategy on effectiveness of how this is not effective as your own , granted i did give a beneficial response by telling you a simple strategy of limbo  earlier also...

that said you may also be forgetting skill gap , users who might not be as familiar with these frames  use could have trouble, a good team should be comprised of frames that are easy to grab and use in harmony, and as battle is ever changing there are conditions you cannot predict , so maybe laying out step by step tactical play and use you can help your own thread deliver the point better  

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed quoted comment (and link to Author) for CoC violation

On 2/28/2017 at 8:02 PM, StrawberryShortcake said:

Limbo is highly effective for Kuva farming given the long duration he can stay in Rift (build for duration and more duration).

You can have fun watching the Guardians and Kuva Mobs come at you while waiting for the Kuva Clouds.

While in operator mode, your frame remains in the Rift so you're pretty safe too.

2 questions:

1.  If you're being swarmed while in the rift, you're safe.  But, as soon as you step into operator mode, doesn't it take your operator out of the rift, thus opening you up to damage?  How do you avoid being insta-killed as the operator?

2.  I was under the impression that your frame doesn't take damage when you switch to the operator.  Does keeping your frame in the rift actually matter?  When your operator "dies" you get forcibly put back in your frame and incur a transference cost, but I thought nothing could damage your frame while you're out.  Is that not true?

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

2 questions:

1.  If you're being swarmed while in the rift, you're safe.  But, as soon as you step into operator mode, doesn't it take your operator out of the rift, thus opening you up to damage?  How do you avoid being insta-killed as the operator?

2.  I was under the impression that your frame doesn't take damage when you switch to the operator.  Does keeping your frame in the rift actually matter?  When your operator "dies" you get forcibly put back in your frame and incur a transference cost, but I thought nothing could damage your frame while you're out.  Is that not true?

1. You can tell which direction the cloud is approaching by looking at where the braid is pointing. While on Limbo, I move away from the Kuva Siphon (usually that's where most of the enemies are gathered) and hijack the cloud upstream. By doing, I avoid taking too much damage while in operator mode.

2. Extracted from Wiki
"If the Operator's health is depleted during a fight, or if their inactive Warframe's health is reduced to 30 from enemy fire, they will disappear from the field and the player's control will revert to their Warframe in its original position while depleting all of the Warframe's shields, along with the Warframe taking health damage."

Your Warframe continues to be vulnerable to enemy fire and attacks while you're in Operator mode. So you're actually safer while inside the Rift.

I build my Limbo for max duration (plus some efficiency) and usually recast my 2 before the cloud approaches to ensure my Limbo is in the rift the entire time my Operator is out "cloud-hunting".

Hope this clarifies ;)

4 minutes ago, StrawberryShortcake said:

1. You can tell which direction the cloud is approaching by looking at where the braid is pointing. While on Limbo, I move away from the Kuva Siphon (usually that's where most of the enemies are gathered) and hijack the cloud upstream. By doing, I avoid taking too much damage while in operator mode.

2. Extracted from Wiki
"If the Operator's health is depleted during a fight, or if their inactive Warframe's health is reduced to 30 from enemy fire, they will disappear from the field and the player's control will revert to their Warframe in its original position while depleting all of the Warframe's shields, along with the Warframe taking health damage."

Your Warframe continues to be vulnerable to enemy fire and attacks while you're in Operator mode. So you're actually safer while inside the Rift.

I build my Limbo for max duration (plus some efficiency) and usually recast my 2 before the cloud approaches to ensure my Limbo is in the rift the entire time my Operator is out "cloud-hunting".

Hope this clarifies ;)

1.  But, if the enemies follow you?

2.  Interesting, although that doesn't match my experience.  I've had my downed frame get pummeled by kuva guardians and not been pulled back.  Maybe they weren't doing enough damage?  I may have to test that out.

I'll also try Limbo next time - I usually run Loki and sit in invis while waiting for kuva to appear and use decoys to draw guards away.  Your build sounds very similar to mine as I typically go to max duration with a little efficiency.  Thanks.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

1.  But, if the enemies follow you?

2.  Interesting, although that doesn't match my experience.  I've had my downed frame get pummeled by kuva guardians and not been pulled back.  Maybe they weren't doing enough damage?  I may have to test that out.

I'll also try Limbo next time - I usually run Loki and sit in invis while waiting for kuva to appear and use decoys to draw guards away.  Your build sounds very similar to mine as I typically go to max duration with a little efficiency.  Thanks.

1. They usually don't. If they do, as a pre-caution, I usually go into Operator mode just before I dash for the clouds to minimize the duration I'm vulnerable. That'll help.

2. As mentioned in Wiki, your Warframe have to be reduced to 30 HP before you disengage from Operator mode. In your previous experience, that probably didn't happen.

Loki works too actually. With max duration, I can stay in the rift for around a minute, IIRC, that's longer than the time Loki can stay invisible? Not a Loki user as I don't have Loki Prime so I may be wrong here. Also, Limbo is immune to all damage while in Rift, but Loki is still susceptible to fire damage or other AOE from enemies while invisible. Guess it all boils down to personal preference, no right or wrong here. Let me know how is your experience with Limbo when you've tried him.

1 minute ago, StrawberryShortcake said:

1. They usually don't. If they do, as a pre-caution, I usually go into Operator mode just before I dash for the clouds to minimize the duration I'm vulnerable. That'll help.

2. As mentioned in Wiki, your Warframe have to be reduced to 30 HP before you disengage from Operator mode. In your previous experience, that probably didn't happen.

Loki works too actually. With max duration, I can stay in the rift for around a minute, IIRC, that's longer than the time Loki can stay invisible? Not a Loki user as I don't have Loki Prime so I may be wrong here. Also, Limbo is immune to all damage while in Rift, but Loki is still susceptible to fire damage or other AOE from enemies while invisible. Guess it all boils down to personal preference, no right or wrong here. Let me know how is your experience with Limbo when you've tried him.

1.  Thanks for the tips.

2.  I'll try and give it a test.  Maybe I'll put my frame out in the open and hide my operator and just wait to see if I get pulled back into my frame.  Shouldn't take long if I do it in a kuva flood or something, lol.

Loki with max duration has 33.84 seconds of invis, according to the wiki.  Max duration for Limbo's Rift Walk is 84.6 seconds, also according to wiki.  So, Limbo definitely has an edge there.  Limbo also has an edge in terms of not getting hit by stray fire.  I do find, however, that Loki is usually easier for me to use for the actual mission objective, especially since I usually run these solo.  But, I'll definitely try Limbo out, although I'm not sure when since I'm currently consumed with farming the new Prime Access stuff, lol.

Thanks for the tips, discussion, etc.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

1.  Thanks for the tips.

2.  I'll try and give it a test.  Maybe I'll put my frame out in the open and hide my operator and just wait to see if I get pulled back into my frame.  Shouldn't take long if I do it in a kuva flood or something, lol.

Loki with max duration has 33.84 seconds of invis, according to the wiki.  Max duration for Limbo's Rift Walk is 84.6 seconds, also according to wiki.  So, Limbo definitely has an edge there.  Limbo also has an edge in terms of not getting hit by stray fire.  I do find, however, that Loki is usually easier for me to use for the actual mission objective, especially since I usually run these solo.  But, I'll definitely try Limbo out, although I'm not sure when since I'm currently consumed with farming the new Prime Access stuff, lol.

Thanks for the tips, discussion, etc.

You're welcome.

As Limbo, you can put your allies in the Rift too, so they enjoy invulnerability as well, though the duration is shorter. That's useful too but some players find it a nuisance so I don't usually do that unless I'm running with friends or I make it known prior and they're ok with this tactic.