Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you see DEPLOYED excavators on your maps?

DEATHLOK

Question

I don't have any map markers for excavators—neither on the mini map or the overlay. I see the yellow diamonds for ones not yet deployed, but nothing for a deployed extractor. Many times, I don't realize one has already been deployed, or have a bit of trouble finding it once I realize one has probably been deployed.

Someone told me there are supposed to be markers on the maps.

9 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

They should say things like A, B, or C. 

Right ...

... anyway, the Excavator waypoints have been gone from the minimap for a while now,
you should be able to (somewhat) tell where they are by the HUD waypoints
(haven't tried Ecav with the new waypoint system yet) but yeah, the map is simply bugged AFAIK.

[What's especially mind-boggling is that DE recently introduced new map markers for Power Cells instead of fixing this.]

Edited by NinjaZeku

6 hours ago, Miser_able said:

When I did an excavation an hour ago it labeled them with the letters as usual.

Stab in the dark, were you the Host?

Because this might be another case of Host vs Client shenanigans
(I try my best to only ever be a Client so that'd explain the 100% absence I'm experiencing).

Only the Host gets the benefit of minimap icons for things like allied units and excavators. Clients no longer get those icons on their minimaps. They can't even see their own katbrow icons. This was broken a few weeks back in a patch. I've mentioned it several times and no one seems to notice or care.

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Stab in the dark, were you the Host?

Because this might be another case of Host vs Client shenanigans
(I try my best to only ever be a Client so that'd explain the 100% absence I'm experiencing).

I was solo so yea I was host. 

2 hours ago, Zendadaist said:

Only the Host gets the benefit of minimap icons for things like allied units and excavators. Clients no longer get those icons on their minimaps. They can't even see their own katbrow icons. This was broken a few weeks back in a patch. I've mentioned it several times and no one seems to notice or care.

Oh, that's why I never see them in Sorties because my friend needs to be the host, but see it in all other missions since I mostly play solo. Good to know.