Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In game chat

DenialBroh

About the in game chat, its very...uh how can i say this...disorganized. Everything is mixed up, region chat full of people asking where baro is or where to farm X resource. Recruiting chat as well, and i've noticed people using the trade and the recruiting chats to make questions too.

But the big mess is the Trade chat: Basically a ocean of stuff, and if you want to buy/Sell anything you'll have to search for the person, and if you want to let people want to come for you (Classical WTS X stuff) Your offer will sink on the ocean that is the trade chat.

Cant DE do anything about it? Like creating chats just for questions or better organization? Do you guys have any ideas? Resultado de imagem para gif trade chat Ilustrative gif

Edited by DenialBroh

11 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

Just to make the trade chat work DE should make WTB chat and WTS chat - not much work to be done but it would be such an inprovement :D

hope this doesnt turn into an auction house discussion ...

Just now, DenialBroh said:

Tbh an auction house wound't be all bad

but the topic is about the in game chat.

i hate the entire chat window, everything in it and how it always seems to be covering something i want to read when its moved around and resized... garbage

13 minutes ago, DenialBroh said:

meh, not really. i just didn't feel like taking a screeshot out of the game

if you want a messy chat pic, then open warframe right now, go to trade chat and wait a feel seconds.

So I did just that, and saw lots of WTB/WTS/WTT posts pretty much as I'd expect from a trade chat.

Nothing that shouldn't be there, and certainly no 'gold spam' like in your gif.

4 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

So I did just that, and saw lots of WTB/WTS/WTT posts pretty much as I'd expect from a trade chat.

Nothing that shouldn't be there, and certainly no 'gold spam' like in your gif.

Exactly, thats the problem, lots of WTB/WTS/WTT scathered everywhere, how is that organized? 

Just now, DenialBroh said:

Exactly, thats the problem, lots of WTB/WTS/WTT scathered everywhere, how is that organized? 

We already have 'Region' for general chat, 'Recruiting' for clans and invite-only squads, and 'Trading' for trading.

I don't see how much more organised a chat feature could be.

If you're asking for more convenient trading, well that's a different question.

3 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

We already have 'Region' for general chat, 'Recruiting' for clans and invite-only squads, and 'Trading' for trading.

you does have a point, all i am saying is that the chat itself could use other windows and a better UI to make things less painful.

8 minutes ago, DenialBroh said:

you does have a point, all i am saying is that the chat itself could use other windows and a better UI to make things less painful.

One option that has been suggested before, and would work for both trade and recruiting chat, is to have a simple text filter.

Much of the code already exists in game as it is used to filter in the foundry and mods UIs.

20 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

There is always more organization available.  

For example, recruiting could be split up into; clan recruiting, squad recruiting, fissure recruiting and raid/trial recruiting.

Something like this would tidy up the recruiting tab and help players find exactly what they're looking for, and we don't have people jumping over to Region asking for help.  Just last night I saw 3 newish players doing that because they had tried using recruiting but because no one wants to run plane planetary missions, they were totally ignored.  

Just now, MagPrime said:

There is always more organization available.  

For example, recruiting could be split up into; clan recruiting, squad recruiting, fissure recruiting and raid/trial recruiting.

Something like this would tidy up the recruiting tab and help players find exactly what they're looking for, and we don't have people jumping over to Region asking for help.  Just last night I saw 3 newish players doing that because they had tried using recruiting but because no one wants to run plane planetary missions, they were totally ignored.

But would splitting it up actually be beneficial?

Are people really going to sit in 'clan recruiting' chat spamming invitations to their clan, waiting for the occasional player to drop in and take a look? Or are they more likely to post an ad in the general 'recruiting' chat in between missions while also looking for their next relic run?

If those 3 newish players couldn't find a group in the current recruiting chat, why would they be any more likely to find a group in a sub-chat for regular missions only?

20 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

But would splitting it up actually be beneficial?

Are people really going to sit in 'clan recruiting' chat spamming invitations to their clan, waiting for the occasional player to drop in and take a look? Or are they more likely to post an ad in the general 'recruiting' chat in between missions while also looking for their next relic run?

If those 3 newish players couldn't find a group in the current recruiting chat, why would they be any more likely to find a group in a sub-chat for regular missions only?

I'm on my phone, so resorting to numbered responses.

1) yes.  It would help keep the Fissure recruiting separate from planetary mission runs.

2) yes.  They do it in recruiting already.  And having a tab specifically for clans would increase their visibility in the chat.  As it is, their adverts have scrolled off the screen in less than 20 seconds and they wind up spamming 3 - 4 long sentences every 30 seconds to 1 minute.  This is based on personal experience.  I'm a second warlord to a shadow clan.  I would have LOVED a clan only recruiting tab for that.  

3) they would be more likely to find other players in a similar situation.  I've met newbies and vets who flat out refuse to use recruiting because it's proven to be a waste of time for non Fissure or raid/trial runs.  No one is interested if it's not a Prime run most of the time.  I've actually started up an alt account and spent 20 minutes sitting in recruiting asking for help clearing a Neptune Capture because that account simply doesn't have the mods yet to complete it.  20 minutes for a 5 or 10 minute mission, tops, and no one responded because it wasn't a fissure mission.  I still haven't cleared that node.

Based on my experience with gamers and people in general, it's a "build it and they will come" type situation.  Right now, people are simply making do with the existing system but when you provide more options, more people will use them (as long as they're implemented correctly) and just come out of the wordwork.  Well, cornfield I guess.

Edited by MagPrime

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

1) yes.  It would help keep the Fissure recruiting separate from planetary mission runs.

This could be done just as easily (and better, IMO) by implementing text filters for chat, just filter for "Akkad" or "Axi V5".

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

2) yes.  They do it in recruiting already.  And having a tab specifically for clans would increase their visibility in the chat.  As it is, their adverts have scrolled off the screen in less than 20 seconds and they wind up spamming 3 - 4 long sentences every 30 seconds to 1 minute.  This is based on personal experience.  I'm a second warlord to a shadow clan.  I would have LOVED a clan only recruiting tab for that.

But do they do it in recruiting already because it's convenient as they're already in that chat looking for fissure missions and know that many other players will also be watching that chat?

It would be very interesting (though probably impossible) to see statistics of how many players went to recruiting chat specifically to find a clan to join, and how many were just there for another reason, saw a clan advert and thought "why not?".

I suspect that separating out clan recruiting into a different chat would mean less players getting recruited into clans.

3) they would be more likely to find other players in a similar situation.  I've met newbies and vets who flat out refuse to use recruiting because it's proven to be a waste of time for non Fissure or raid/trial runs.  No one is interested if it's not a Prime run most of the time.  I've actually started up an alt account and spent 20 minutes sitting in recruiting asking for help clearing a Neptune Capture because that account simply doesn't have the mods yet to complete it.  20 minutes for a 5 or 10 minute mission, tops, and no one responded because it wasn't a fissure mission.

If "no one is interested" most of the time, then creating a separate chat is unlikely to change that fact.

Did you try just queuing up for a public mission on your alt account? I suspect that's what most people do. It's what I would do.

19 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

This could be done just as easily (and better, IMO) by implementing text filters for chat, just filter for "Akkad" or "Axi V5".

But do they do it in recruiting already because it's convenient as they're already in that chat looking for fissure missions and know that many other players will also be watching that chat?

It would be very interesting (though probably impossible) to see statistics of how many players went to recruiting chat specifically to find a clan to join, and how many were just there for another reason, saw a clan advert and thought "why not?".

I suspect that separating out clan recruiting into a different chat would mean less players getting recruited into clans.

If "no one is interested" most of the time, then creating a separate chat is unlikely to change that fact.

Did you try just queuing up for a public mission on your alt account? I suspect that's what most people do. It's what I would do.

1) why bother with text filters in the first place?  That creates similar issues to keyword searches (people not knowing what it's called, so they can't search for it) and it's probably easier to create a new tab.  With a text filter, DE would have to take the time to create a database of words and then update it anytime a new prime came out.  New chat tab wouldn't require any updating at all.

2) I highly doubt that.  There would be a specific location for clan requiting, so the overall numbers wouldn't drop, the sponateous joins might. The reason I doubt that is because the forums has a recruiting subforum that is already divided by not only squad, clan and allince, but clan size as well.  I've also used this function and over 3 years, picked up dozens of members.  And before you say to use that exclusively, not everyone used the forums and you get better results when you diversify where your adverts are placed.

3) seriously don't know if yoyre serious with this.  I mean, 3 years and you believe that I never thought to cue up for a PUG?

As to people not being interested now means no one would be interested after the change; come on.  Seriously.  If you create a specific place for something, people will use it.

Edited by MagPrime

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

1) why bother with text filters in the first place?  That creates similar issues to keyword searches (people not knowing what it's called, so they can't search for it) and it's probably easier to create a new tab.  With a text filter, DE would have to take the time to create a database of words and then update it anytime a new prime came out.  New chat tab wouldn't require any updating at all.

Because it would keep everything together for people who don't want it separated, but still allow selective viewing through filtering.

There's no need for a database, just use case-insensitive free text filtering, although allowing item links in the filter would be nice too, especially for trade chat.

2) I highly doubt that.  There would be a specific location for clan requiting, so the overall numbers wouldn't drop, the sponateous joins might. The reason I doubt that is because the forums has a recruiting subforum that is already divided by not only squad, clan and allince, but clan size as well.  I've also used this function and over 3 years, picked up dozens of members.  And before you say to use that exclusively, not everyone used the forums and you get better results when you diversify where your adverts are placed.

Well, no one really knows what impact this change would have with any certainty, and I honestly wouldn't mind clan/alliance recruiting being separated from squad recruiting.

5 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

3) seriously don't know if yoyre serious with this.  I mean, 3 years and you believe that I never thought to cue up for a PUG?

I don't mean just letting the timer run down and then thinking "oh well, guess no one else wanted to run that mission", I mean clicking 'wait for other players' and actually waiting for someone else to join your squad.

Sure, it's not immediate, but I'd bet it's quicker than trying to find a squad for those type of missions in recruiting chat would ever be.

4 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Because it would keep everything together for people who don't want it separated, but still allow selective viewing through filtering.

There's no need for a database, just use case-insensitive free text filtering, although allowing item links in the filter would be nice too, especially for trade chat.

Well, no one really knows what impact this change would have with any certainty, and I honestly wouldn't mind clan/alliance recruiting being separated from squad recruiting.

I don't mean just letting the timer run down and then thinking "oh well, guess no one else wanted to run that mission", I mean clicking 'wait for other players' and actually waiting for someone else to join your squad.

Sure, it's not immediate, but I'd bet it's quicker than trying to find a squad for those type of missions in recruiting chat would ever be.

3) It took an hr of waiting before I went to recruiting.  1 hour of waiting for even one random to join a planetary mission. I timed it so I could make a thread like this of my own.  I spent the time answering questions in Region.

Do you use recruiting for the mundane things?  No, really, have you gone into recruiting and asked for help with the limbo quest, the archwing quest, gathering resources or anything else that isn't fissure specific missions?  How long before you get any response?

On both accounts, I have done this.  Its a long wait period.  At least 20 minutes before you get one pm telling you to ask friends or join a clan, if you're lucky to get a response.  I've gotten more PM's telling me not to use recruiting for it's intended purpose than I have for team invites.

The chat feature beds an update, desperately. 

At the very least you can't sent there is room for vast improvement over what we have now.

1) then DE should allow players to create individual tabs with player chosen content.  I've played half a dozen games that allowed me to pick region, clan, friends and lfg chat to be all on one tab as well As being able to put the same chat on their own tabs.  Its a better option because it caters to every personal flavor instead of one or the other.

2) see 1