Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Driving me CRAZY

Remickla

Question

So this is the issue I'm having with Excalibur and Melee - I looked around a bit bit but didn't find much related to this that really had a definitive aswer. Sorry if there is one I just didn't see it or go back far enough maybe...anyway - to my issue - 

When I look at bare Skana I have this for damage stats:

EjDiyfp.jpg

AFTER I add mods i get this:

uqYME1t.jpg

Note that I also am not getting the increased Status bonus (30%) from the mod either. WTF? I'll add also that prior to this I had the first images damage numbers after including mods once before - but now it's down to this, seems everytime I go to check it and change something I'm getting different numbers. Do I need to send a ticket? Or am I missing something? I know Excalibur has a bonus for Melee - but the first image (31.5) is not 10% - was it buffed?

lost.....

Edited by Remickla
words are hard

17 answers to this question

"Enduring Strike increases the status chance of melee weapons while Channeling at the cost of reduced channeling efficiency. "

From Wiki.

It means that your status chances are increased only when you're channeling (left click, glowy weapon), not on regular attacks, that's why the increased status does not show in this window.

Channeling is an improved version of your melee attacks that will consume energy to give you a damage buff on your melee attacks (here, it costs you 6 of energy to deal 1.5x increased damage).

What is the other problem ? I don't quite get it

Edited by Chewarette

1 minute ago, Chewarette said:

"Enduring Strike increases the status chance of melee weapons while Channeling at the cost of reduced channeling efficiency. "

From Wiki.

It means that your status chances are increased only when you're channeling (left click, glowy weapon), not on regular attacks, that's why the increased status does not show in this window.

What is the other problem ? I don't quite get it

AH ok - that answers that. Wish the mod would add that tidbit. (channeling)

OTHER issue is - everytime I go to look at Skana I have different stats for damage. Without mods it appears to do more damage than with a 20% mod - why?

I believe this may have something to do with excaliburs passive for one-handed swords. I'm thinking the white number shows the increase from his passive, but the game doesn't see a mod responsible for the stat increase and so it shows the unmodified (no excalibur passive) numbers as if you had removed the mod that changed it. I could be wrong. I haven't really messed with excalibur since his passive was added.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

The red numbers describe the new values are considered a loss from your most recent change to the weapon.

That doesn't make sense really.

RED = Base damage (as can be shown by looking in weapons list)

WHITE - IN SAME IMAGE = ???

GREEN = Increase from mod

WHITE - IN SAME IMAGE = Damage from Buff as it should have been the first time bare...? But now lower because....? Buff doesn't apply to mod damage therefore is basically useless??

Still confused

9 minutes ago, Theramalse said:

this may have something to do with excaliburs passive for one-handed swords. I'm thinking the white number shows the increase from his passive, but the game doesn't see a mod responsible for the stat increase and so it shows the unmodified (no excalibur passive) numbers as if you had removed the mod that changed it. I could be wrong.

no, you got it exactly right. its an issue with excalibur and his passive. i asked the very same question a while ago.

and to quote the clearest answer:

On 2/5/2017 at 8:08 AM, (PS4)ExcessiveSteeze said:

Excalibers Passive gives all single handed and dual weapons 10% damage and attack speed buffs.

The red numbers show the stats without excals passives. 

Edited by Moysa

6 minutes ago, Theramalse said:

I believe this may have something to do with excaliburs passive for one-handed swords. I'm thinking the white number shows the increase from his passive, but the game doesn't see a mod responsible for the stat increase and so it shows the unmodified (no excalibur passive) numbers as if you had removed the mod that changed it. I could be wrong. I haven't really messed with excalibur since his passive was added.

I'm following you - however my first question would be - 

1) where does 31.5 come from? I had that bare with no mods whatsoever - ever - on the sword. So..??

2) why did it change? It seems that 31.5 should be the added damage from adding the 20% mod - that's what ity SHOULD be doing with the mod instaled if you include the buff...right?

3) Why dio I keet getting different numbers from this lol - I can swap back and forth between loadout A and Loadout B and get different each time. I can add/remove mods and get the same results - it's confusing as S#&$e.

3 minutes ago, Moysa said:

no, you got it exactly right. its an issue with excalibur and his passive. i asked the very same question a while ago.

and to quote the clearest answer:

I get that the red numbers are base damage - and the white are showing buff damage - my question is basically shouldn't then the white numbers be higher WITH mods installed rather than without? 

20 minutes ago, Remickla said:

I get that the red numbers are base damage - and the white are showing buff damage - my question is basically shouldn't then the white numbers be higher WITH mods installed rather than without? 

Red or green stats are your current stats, with the current setup.

White stats are the stats the weapon had when you used the "Upgrade" function (with mods on if you had any).

If you want to see the base stats of the Skana, unequip all the mods, get out of the Upgrade window and get back in (other solution would be to switch to Configuration 2 then back to 1 I think). Then, each mod you add will modify the stats directly, with a green color if it's a buff and red color if the stat is lowered.

But as it is said above, due to Excalibur's passive, you'll still see red stats when you load your unmodded weapon due to its passive increasing Skana's damage, this increase is not understood by the modding tool so it shows you a red value.

Edited by Chewarette

36 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

The red numbers describe the new values are considered a loss from your most recent change to the weapon.

My apologies lol - it took me a minute in the squirrel cage but I got what you're saying. I see what happened ok - TY, not only did you answer my question you made me think and understand lol.

51 minutes ago, Remickla said:

That doesn't make sense really.

RED = Base damage (as can be shown by looking in weapons list)

WHITE - IN SAME IMAGE = ???

GREEN = Increase from mod

WHITE - IN SAME IMAGE = Damage from Buff as it should have been the first time bare...? But now lower because....? Buff doesn't apply to mod damage therefore is basically useless??

Still confused

White = Starting point for the recent change.

Red = Stat loss from change

Green = Stat gain from the recent change

All changes will be shown white after you finish/stop modding and taken as starting point for future change.

Means: Blank weapon = white, all positive changes will be shown green, all negative changes red.

Moddet weapon, opening the menu again = white, all positive changes will be shown green, all negative changes will be shown red.

Changing, lets say, the elemental mods to form combined elements will also show the lost element red and the gained element green.

Just you wait till you pass the basics and try to understand mechanics and synergy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) it only gets (worse) better.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

12 minutes ago, Remickla said:

My apologies lol - it took me a minute in the squirrel cage but I got what you're saying. I see what happened ok - TY, not only did you answer my question you made me think and understand lol.

Seems like I came to answer too late.. I will say this tho, just a tip for modding: check your weapon's stats before adding mods to it, check what are it's strong pointd (in critical chance, status, raw damage, etc.) and add your mods depending on those strong points. In your case, the Skana, it's a basic weapon that it's strength comes from raw damage (5.0% cirital is low and 10% status is low). Consider using mods that will affect your damage. The Skana also have an avarage-slow attack speed (below 1.0 is considered slow) so you might want to improve it's attack speed too.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)Deflinek said:

Actually that info is present on this mod. Take a look at the bottom of it; it says "channeling" instead of "melee" like on Pressure Point.

BAHAHAHA oh God I was having a good day :p - TY Everybody for your answers. :)