Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should DE make a Warframe movie in the future at some point?

Flashbinder

With the right technology yes. A 100 days of warframe or the dead space movie for example. That is possible and cheaper than cgi but requires a lot of time and animators to make a 2 hour long film or a series. Also the game still no end so that makes hard to make a movie with ending.

12 minutes ago, drusscota said:

yes but only if they can ever settle on a coherent plot lol

You must not know the lore very well. It's solid as can be it's just not spoon fed to you in a manner that is 100% clear, and even the parts that are people get wrong constantly.

Now as far as the movie goes, that would  require a large studio and millions of dollars in production costs (Upwards of hundreds) and the bigger hurdle would be for the movie studio shelling out the money to not sink their fingers into it and there being a repeat of what happened to Dark Sector and they play the "We're paying for it now do it this way" card.

Specially since it wouldn't likely end up as a few movies or else being made a rushed cluster-F***  like a lot of modern movies.

On 3/6/2017 at 1:46 AM, TotallyLagging said:

If anything I'd like to see some more "100 days of Warframe"-style animation. Non-serious content filled with fanservice and jabs at the community/the devs themselves/other games. 

Yeah, I'd love to see more of those.

As for the movie bit, I was thinking more CGI, but yeah, that'd take too long for DE, since they have a small team for that stuff. I just wanted to see what people's opinions were on the matter, thanks guys.

On 2017-3-6 at 10:41 AM, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

For such a project, you'd need a director who has done similar work before, and would have a passion to do right by the material. So I'd need to see one of these names attached to such a project to have hope it would work:

• Joseph Kosinski - Oblivion
  • Doug Liman - Edge of Tomorrow, Bourne movie series
  • Neill Blomkamp - Elysium
  • J.J. Abrams
  • Ridley Scott

Good list. Except mr Ihavetoshowbrutalgore Blomkamp. He ruins every movie with uncalled for violence.

They cant even finish a patch teaser like valkyrs.

Best to keep it short stories, like animating the Synthesis lore in any style like 100 days of warframe or ingame models.

Perhaps something like DE provides a Writing Prompt basically on how the story goes down. People submit their animations for said story in a contest. DE makes some cosmetics based on the winning animation. The winner of the animation gets their video as the 'official' story and a % of those cosmetics sold.

8 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

You must not know the lore very well. It's solid as can be it's just not spoon fed to you in a manner that is 100% clear, and even the parts that are people get wrong constantly.

Now as far as the movie goes, that would  require a large studio and millions of dollars in production costs (Upwards of hundreds) and the bigger hurdle would be for the movie studio shelling out the money to not sink their fingers into it and there being a repeat of what happened to Dark Sector and they play the "We're paying for it now do it this way" card.

Specially since it wouldn't likely end up as a few movies or else being made a rushed cluster-F***  like a lot of modern movies.

come on now, nobody likes a fanboy.
The lore at the moment is slightly incoherent and does not all gel together well but with the introduction of a new writer, that alll may change.

If a movie told the story in the game, that would more or less be a Tenno waking up with amnesia, gaining the ship and then gaining the knowledge up untill today.

It would be a tale of war, death and injustice.

What is comparable? Nothing like that has ever been made. We are talking Avengers/star wars/aliens/underworld/matrix/hellboy something. 

Would take a master team to pull that off.

I'm sure it would be an awesome Mighty Morphin Power Rangers TV series.  Imagine, the Lotus, an orokin princess escaping an American suburban past area, giving warframe spandex suit to chosen teenagers to fight the invading forces from the future and battling Dr. Corpus and his Vor-men.

I'd watch that. Maybe even a full episode!

On 3/6/2017 at 3:36 AM, N7-CommanderShepard said:

no i don't want to watch mech war suites being controlled by lil angsty edgy kids

Yeah this. If the lore hadn't taken the (expected) turn for the worse, I'd probably be cool with a movie. Not now. Never now.

It will either feel rushed since they need to shove a decent amount of lore so viewers will at least have a clue of what's going on or, it can take a The Cabin in the Woods approach and be sorta related to it but keep a fresh story.