Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event That Requires Skill Instead Of Mindless Grinding

Waltharian

Hey I would like to see a weekend event where its not about grinding serten mobs but skilfull playing, teamwork like max wave in defence or managing a special jumping puzzle in the fastest time, well you can see its not about how mutsh time you can speend doing the same thing but more like how good as a player you are.

well you can see its not about how mutsh time you can speend doing the same thing but more like how good as a player you are.

Star_wars_yoda.jpg

Nah, jokes aside.

It's a pretty good idea, but it won't be accessible by new players.

Would you have any suggestions how to fix that issue? 

Edited by Chris9428

how a bout a superboss that works also like a puzzle

like in the shadow of the colossus

giant supercomputer with guns everywhere

infested "gravemind" sort of thing

super grineer clone "failed" cloning experiment turned weapon

Nah, jokes aside.

Well, look at GW2, there are "Live World Events" that constantly shift the world.. I am about level 40 and have not hit any big ones, these are expansion sized events that shape the earth I play on during that game. I am not high level enough to get to it, yet I do not whine. It motivates me to progress even further so I can reach this mind blowing event.

I love this idea. I also think the stealth system needs some huge improvements. We need the ability to stick to walls and peak around corners. Strafing out and back might work in an FPS but it doesn't work for any TPS. It just looks lazy right now. Like the animations are missing. I would also like the devs to check there box and crate scaling vs the player crouch. there is nothing more annoying than crouching behind a box and not being able to shoot over it. Again, this would be fixed with added animations for a cover system to allow peak and pop for stealth.

Star_wars_yoda.jpg

Nah, jokes aside.

You bring up a good point. (Yoda thing is a win too!)

The Fusion Moa thing also excluded new players (some didn't have Europa open) which IS kind of a drag. I remembered bring several friends to Europa to unlock the map for them so they could participate.

It's a tough balance to maintain wouldn't you agree? Keeping it stimulating and fun for the end-gamers yet still accessible for the newbies isn't easy at all.

skill is hard to measure.

we also wouldn't want to turn the game into a different kind of no-lifing. those guys that spend countless hours wall-walking perfectly across a map for the best time. or some such.

not to mention that this game is so easy there is no real need to excel in any skillful way. while this game has skillful elements it certainly doesn't require them of you in any meaningful way.

defence doesn't cut it in my book. nothing skillful about hiding in a snow glove and shooting things.

There was a defence event not too long ago.

But I would LOVE a parkour event, but don't go saying you would need a Loki, every warframe's speed was recently made a lot closer to average, so basically any warframe could work and speed is only one factor in parkour anyway.

Edited by CubedOobleck

What exactly is skill?

Using an AOE frame and spamming ultimates and stacking kills, is that skill?

Taking several headshots in a row with metal auger, how about that instead?

The term skill needs more thought where warframe is concerned.

Did anyone mention we just had an event that took skill. The Artifact defense missions took skill and required no grinding.

As someone who started playing shortly before the event, it wasn't perfect.

While arguably only the infested artifact was worth it was a shame I couldn't obtain them due to the fact that I had to be carried by any team I joined. New players were completely shut out from the fun of the event.

What exactly is skill?

Skill in Warframe is measured by how many ball robots you can kill with a snipetron without getting hit.

Alright Tenno, how about suggestions?

Would you rather have an event that requires you to get specific types of kill? Kills while sliding? Kills in a wallrun? Multikills?

What would they have to do in an event to make it 'Take skill'?

Trolol.

Alright Tenno, how about suggestions?

Would you rather have an event that requires you to get specific types of kill? Kills while sliding? Kills in a wallrun? Multikills?

What would they have to do in an event to make it 'Take skill'?

The Kill Contest was a nifty idea. Although I couldn't get a recording program in time, I thought it was an interesting idea.

This game looks so cool, why not flaunt it? Then this lets devs release "Gameplay videos" of specific weapons or frames, saving them the time of making it.

Have your team get 4 stealth kills within 3 seconds of each other, or something like that?

Create a "style" points system based on combining or chaining movement into attack methods? DE got all that footage form the last video event.

Edited by Brasten

Hey I would like to see a weekend event where its not about grinding serten mobs but skilfull playing, teamwork like max wave in defence or managing a special jumping puzzle in the fastest time, well you can see its not about how mutsh time you can speend doing the same thing but more like how good as a player you are.

Maybe the event parameters could be scalabe based on account rank, warframe rank, level of mods associated with sprint mods e.g. quick rest etc. and/or maybe less.

I like this idea a lot, it would so much take away from the grindiness that we're used to.

Edited by junkion

Playing the game with the screen rotated up side down...

Lotus: "there seems to be a problem with this ship's gravity generator and you have no magnetic boots. Good luck with that... Multiple bio signatures... Exterminate all life..."

kD8h0Kn.jpg

I won't be able to get really drunk and play T.T

also why would you black out the names if one of them is probably you?

Edited by junkion

What exactly is skill?

I think skill comes with depth.... Both lead to the other. We need more enemy types with various abilities. Like the enemies in Mass Effect MP, or the zombies from Dead Island, or the enemies in HALO. Each has a unique gameplay hook. We need enemies of more varied sizes. We need sub bosses for each level and ending level bosses for every scenario. For example, in a raid the last enemy you encounter should be a boss. In a exterminate map, there should be a mid boss and an end boss to finish the level. etc.. The bosses should be dynamic like the levels. So that when a player enters the level the boss is generated. The character model would be chosen from a pool of several options at random. Then the bosses abilities, strengths, and weaknesses would be picked randomly by the system. Lastly the loadout would be selected. When the player gets to the point in the level where the boss trigger occurs a quick cut scene will show the boss enter the fight. This should happen for all mid bosses and end of level bosses. Even the hidden looting and puzzles need to be stepped up. All of this would come together to create more depth and in return require more skill. Lastly, The stealth options are lame. We need more stealth animations. Why am I breaking open containers with my sword when i'm trying to be sneaky? We need cover options, etc... DEPTH, DEPTH, DEPTH!!!!