Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What frame to get?

MetalSonicMecha

Question

So my main warframe is Valkyr and I'm getting Rhino very soon and I want to know what extra warframe I should get. I was thinking about getting Loki, Volt, or Nyx as my third warframe. Give me some suggestions on what warframe to get! (I don't really know what playstyle to choose)

Edited by MetalSonicMecha

13 answers to this question

Gotta_catch_them_all.png

simply take all of them, what's the problem?

If you REALLY have to choose, take Nidus (for absurd damage and immotality on "defensive" missions), Limbo (for sortie defenses and corpus spy missions), Mirage (give her a simulor if you want to ruin the game to yourself and everyone near you) , Trinity (EV for raids or mission/events that you dont know how to beat, you just give infinite energy to all team and the team will carry you to the victory) and Nekros (To farm huge amounts of materials needed to build everything).

Edited by Kyryo
Given reasons to why you should consider those warframes.

Well, Loki is an ideal solo frame with his invisibility, and CC capabilities, but does next to no damage with any of his abilities.

Nyx is an amazing CC frame with her Chaos, and an amazing tank with her Absorb augment., but she doesn't do much damage apart from that.

Volt is a great speedrun frame once you get the correct build, but he is also a great CC frame, though slightly lackluster (But better then the other two) in damage.

I personally prefer Loki and Volt, but that's just my playstyle.

Edited by PoisonHD

Depends of what you are aiming for tenno ^.^ 

Spy : Ivara , Loki or even Limbo

Defense : Frost, Zephyr and many others

CC Master : Vauban ( may be hard to get ) , Nyx and many others

Map cleaner : Equinox , Ember and many others

Versatility : Rhino , Inaros , Atlas and so on.

Edited by trunks013

Every time there's a question like this people go suggesting frames for sorties and mods like Quick Thinking. If you've only got one, soon to be two frames, you're highly unlikely to be at the point in the game where you own Quick Thinking, and I really doubt you'd have completed quests as far as TWW. I mean, mathematically, I guess it's feasible if you'd tried every weapon out there on just two frames, but realistically, the responses need to be more in line with the player level.

OP: You started with a tank, you're getting another tank with Rhino, so my vote is you need to learn the squishier frames - the power users who have less immediate survivability until you learn how to play and mod them.

Spy missions are tough, Loki helps. Use him to farm Ivara :)

Ember can lock down a map. Nova is superb for CC. 

Not so squishy, but Frost is wonderful - easy to play, does damage, keeps you safe. 

i think u Can simply just make em' all :3 and down below is just some comments on the three warframe u are planning to build

loki: a warframe with a special kind of tanky: the 2nd ability will make yourself invisible and u Can avoid being killed by the bullet of enemy. but the boss which drop the bp is a bit challenging for new players.Moreover, loki is a bit weak , or even really easy die if he doesn't use his 2nd ability. The moding of loki focus on the power duration and the range, which is pretty good as these mods is pretty easy to get.

Volt: a pretty good warframe that Can be a very nice choice to rush a map (2nd ability)and crowd control (4th ability) in different lv. the bp is pretty easy to get too, just join a clan and u can find it in dojo. But the moding for a crowd control volt needs overextend , which is a 4k mod. The non- prime version volt also has a extremely low armor, 15 armor, which makes volt pretty easy to die in high lv mission.

Nyx: nyx is my personal favourite warframe . With her ability, u Can keep yourself undead in high Lv and give cc to enemies. With her 3rd ability, chaos, u can make the enemies attack each other , which can be a great cc. And her 4th ability ,absorb , can keep u undead and absorb the damage deal to you, then explose those damage to the enemy within the radius while the second casting. The augment mod, assimilate , which allows you to move, will make you like a tank and u won't die if you are casting yr 4th ability. the moding of nyx is similar to loki, just focus on the power range and duration. However, the boss droping the bp of nyx is phorid, which only randomly appears in invasion. It can be pretty headache if u wish to farm nyx. 

Just now, dstrawberrygirl said:

Quick Thinking

Spy missions are tough, Loki helps. Use him to farm Ivara :)

Nova is superb for CC. 

QT is 15p. Worth it. 

Otherwise i recommend this message. 

Nova can be a *@##$ to farm doe. The boss has unreasonable gear check. Even so,  slowa,  the noob build, positive power strength,  is one of the frames everyone wants on their team regardless what they are doing.

best starter support frame,  especially as it teaches you to be squishy. 

CC is always broken and better than damage. 

58 minutes ago, MetalSonicMecha said:

So my main warframe is Valkyr and I'm getting Rhino very soon and I want to know what extra warframe i should get. I was thinking about getting Loki, Volt, or Nyx as my third warframe. Give me some suggestions on what warframe to get! 

giphy.gif

But no seriously each frame offers a different play style, making each worth at least trying.

Besides, you'll want to collect them all for mastery eventually.

Depends on your playstyle. If you like Rhino and Valkyr, then you're used to tank-like Warframes. In that case, you may enjoy Chroma, Inaros, Nidus, and maybe even Frost.

Switching from Rhino to Loki, or Valkyr to Nyx is a big change. However, from the choices you listed, I'd say go with Nyx first. Having her Absorb (preferably with Assimilate augment) will allow you to still tank a bit with her.

Really, just try random frames, and see which appeal to you.

What you should get is strongly defined by what you want. Most frames are viable, some ridiculous strong, they're all excellent in the right hands tho.

Ever played classical rpgs? Games that kinda cross the theme? Even watched movies, read comics etc? What is it you look for in a frame? @Arcainyx is correct, all you're gonna recieve here are peoples favorites. You gotta be a lil more detailed if you want frames that actually fit you.