Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should every Frame have at least some tankyness or defense ?

Like some kind of way to sustain themselves in high level play . Maybe not something as adavanced as nidus' stacks, but as little as volts shield . Because as enemies scale 65-15 armor frames get easier to one shot . 

Lets take banshee for example I would say savage silence is her way of sustaining her self in high level play , or Nyx assimilate is her way , or Ember with her world of fire augment . But then frames like Hydriod don't have a way to sustain themselves and not get downed all the time .

So do you think every frame should have a way or certain build to help them scale ?

Just now, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Because as enemies scale 65-15 armor frames get easier to one shot . 

But then frames like Hydriod don't have a way to sustain themselves and not get downed all the time .

My Banshee and Hydroid beg to differ. I usually run Hydroid during JV or 4k Excavation runs/Hour Survivals and he almost never goes down, Banshee I usually run in the sorties and just yesterday solo'd the Sortie Ruk Assassination with her.

You just need to know how to play the frame and how to build them. Pretty much goes for everything in this game.

Just now, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

My Banshee and Hydroid beg to differ. I usually run Hydroid during JV or 4k Excavation runs/Hour Survivals and he almost never goes down, Banshee I usually run in the sorties and just yesterday solo'd the Sortie Ruk Assassination with her.

You just need to know how to play the frame and how to build them. Pretty much goes for everything in this game.

I said banshee has a way of sustaining herself with savage silence . I actually play her a lot . But.. Hydriod tho can you specifically explain how he survives in late game ? Without being a puddle the whole time 

Banshe's silence is a really great ability, but it would have worked much better for her survivability had the ability been recastable. We can recast Ember's Accelerant and still get the stun, I don't see why we should not have Silence work the same way considering how squishy she is. 

The only workaround so far is either to mod for minimum duration or mod for low range, because the enemies are stunned again if they are entering within its range for a second/third etc time. 

Edited by aligatorno

1 minute ago, (PS4)covan2306 said:

I don't think they should all have some tankiness, that would put more ZZzz behind the already dumbed down gameplay.

There should always be frames that should try not to get shot, and utilize skill sets for survivability.

Yeah I partially agree with this , but usually those frames are labeled as "bad" and aren't "meta" 

(what I hear not my opinion )

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

I said banshee has a way of sustaining herself with savage silence . I actually play her a lot . But.. Hydriod tho can you specifically explain how he survives in late game ? Without being a puddle the whole time 

use tidal wave to close gap to enemies and spam 1st and 4th on tactical points where enemies rush towards you

1 minute ago, Obviousclone said:

hydroid has cc on literally every one of his abilities lmao what are you talking about no defence

and besides the point ember is probably the lowest defence warframe with a stun on her 2 and firequake augment on her 4.

Hydriods "cc" is all rng & again I wasn't complain about ember or banshee 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

With Hydroid, I find myself pushing enemies into walls with his Tidal Wave, and using finishers, or to close the enemy gap, push comes to shove, his Barrage can knock people over for the same effect, given you have enough strength/range (Depending on the AoE you're going after). His Ult also helps close choke points and makes it an easy distraction to recover from. Then there's puddle time, which you already know about.

There's a lot more to it, but time is not on my side right now. Lots of 1st and 4th Spam, with a mix of 2nd, and then Puddle to get instant recovery.

Now if you're in a team, the game switches, but that's not what we're going over now.

Edited by (XB1)ALG Minuscule36

Yeah I partially agree with this , but usually those frames are labeled as "bad" and aren't "meta" 

(what I hear not my opinion )

I don't like people, nor do I tend to listen to them. If you like a warframe play it, enjoy it. They aren't paying the bills why should they have a say in anything you do?

I honestly don't know how one can learn how to play a warframe properly, other than using cheesy tactic to get through long hours or waves; Hydroids undertow and banshee low duration, high effeciency, carrying lots of energy restores, etc for long hours solo.... Other than that, I'm not pro enough to know how to play properly.

I prefer better cc than more tanky.

Edited by saltygr33n

Hydriods "cc" is all rng & again I wasn't complain about ember or banshee 

hydroids 1 is rng. as of recent it's onehanded so it's a free cast skill so you aren't punished for tossing it out.

his 2 is always gonna hit who he aims it at

his 3 is always gonna hit who's near him

his 4 is always going to spawn a tentacle under targets within range (unlike banshee you are allowed to recast while it's active)

if you are referring to the inconsistency of knockdown/ragdoll as a cc effect, then both ember and banshee are just as "defenceless" as hydroid based on your logic.

5 minutes ago, saltygr33n said:

I honestly don't know how one can learn how to play a warframe properly, other than using cheesy tactic to get through long hours or waves; Hydroids undertow and banshee low duration, high effeciency, carrying lots of energy restores, etc for long hours solo.... Other than that, I'm not pro enough to know how to play properly.

Favorite reply yet . I am in the same boat friend 

Maybe shield gating can help with defence on most frames bar health-only warriors (usually those are tough anyway).

CC is a form of indirect defence against damage from enemies, but you're talking about direct defensive capability so yeah.

5 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

hydroids 1 is rng. as of recent it's onehanded so it's a free cast skill so you aren't punished for tossing it out.

his 2 is always gonna hit who he aims it at

his 3 is always gonna hit who's near him

his 4 is always going to spawn a tentacle under targets within range (unlike banshee you are allowed to recast while it's active)

if you are referring to the inconsistency of knockdown/ragdoll as a cc effect, then both ember and banshee are just as "defenceless" as hydroid based on your logic.

B4c5AKX.jpg

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

2 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Maybe shield gating can help with defence on most frames bar health-only warriors (usually those are tough anyway).

CC is a form of indirect defence against damage from enemies, but you're talking about direct defensive capability so yeah.

No cc helps that's why I didn't mention vauban the god hand of cc. 

Shield gating is a good idea . It would at least give us time to react before that napalm snatches all of our health 

The 15 armor that some frames like original Volt and Banshee have is way too low.  It's one thing to learn to crowd control and evade for level 100 plus where most frames can be one shot.  It's bad when low level players can be one shot by level 15 enemies.  It makes those frames not fun to level or play and discourages players from coming back and playing them later when they are more experienced.