Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

can you get banned by a trainer made for a diffrent game?

BloodKitten

Question

i played a game using a trainer, after finishing playing it, i closed the game and the trainer, and when i checked the task mennager, i saw a background proccess of cheat engine (i do not have cheat engine) so i assume the trainer have a version of it that look for the spesific game application its made for (company of heroes 2 in this case), if i were to start warframe with that process in the background failling to shut itself down, will i be in the risk of being banned?

8 answers to this question

i had Cheat Engine still open one day after using the speed hack for a really slow Idle Clicker, and when i tried to start Warframe it told me to close any cheat programs i have open before i could play 'cause i forgot to close Cheat Engine, so i think it'll let you know you need to close it before you can launch the game.

No, Warframe will detect it most probably and wont let you start with that process on. At least that the case with Cheat Engine.

Even if you manage to have both open, if you dont use it, you dont have to fear a ban. DE has data logs and I presume thats how they would detect how you "cheated". If you didnt, I cant imgaine how would they justify a ban.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

I believe third-party software in general is a violation of Warframe's License Agreement. 

Using on game or running it in the background?

Edited by Xardis

4 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

I believe third-party software in general is a violation of Warframe's License Agreement. 

Well, they're talking about third party software for a completely different game that just happened to be open. Not software modifying Warframe.

That said, I seem to recall there having been occasions where just having cheat engine open in the background has (according to random forum poster) caused issues with triggering Warframe's protection. Don't really have anything more definitive than that though.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

If it's editing warframe; but that isn't what he was talking about. If that rule applied to everything 99% of users would need to be banned overnight because of something stupid like an anti virus or something.

Edited by Echorion

25 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

i played a game using a trainer, after finishing playing it, i closed the game and the trainer, and when i checked the task mennager, i saw a background proccess of cheat engine (i do not have cheat engine) so i assume the trainer have a version of it that look for the spesific game application its made for (company of heroes 2 in this case), if i were to start warframe with that process in the background failling to shut itself down, will i be in the risk of being banned?

the simple answer is YES you will get banned when the launcher checks your system files on startup