Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa's Peacemaker = Inacitivity..?

Immediately

Question

Was playing on Jupiter, Io as Mesa to lvl her up.

I was spamming Peacemaker the entire game, and had the most damage dealt and most total amount of kills on my team.

But, for some reason, at the end of Wave 15, it showed that I was not eligible to get the rewards due to inactivity.

Is it a bug? Is Peacemaker considered as Inactive when using it?

05sDzXq.jpg

17 answers to this question

1 minute ago, egregiousRac said:

If you don't move for longer than the inactivity timeout (five minutes, if I recall correctly but don't quote me on that) you are classified as AFK, yes. No matter how much you are doing, you are required to move to some extent.

Yup, and anyway the rewards aren't that amazing on Io anyway. 

20 minutes ago, Immediately said:

Is it a bug? Is Peacemaker considered as Inactive when using it?

Okay, what I see from the screenshot is you either completely ignored the first indicator of ineligibility and kept right on doing nothing but standing there, or you actually were afk with some sort of auto press something other other to hold down mouse button.  

If I were to see it on the first rotation, I'd be like, whoa I should move around!  Not just ignore and hope the next 10 waves produce different results.

25 minutes ago, Immediately said:

I was spamming Peacemaker the entire game, and had the most damage dealt and most total amount of kills on my team.

Most kills mean nothing in terms of activity.  Ember, Banshee, or Equinox can achieve the same results.  No movement, activate 4, most kills.  Hell I just did it with Saryn, spore one guy, shoot it, stand there as everything else dies.  Go collect loot, jump around, stretch your legs.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)auwsomestgamer said:

Yup, and anyway the rewards aren't that amazing on Io anyway. 

Relics are awarded on IO, relics are the main reason to farm IO.

10 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

You managed to NOT move for 15 waves?  Jesus dat efficiency tho. gg

The only requirement for AFK is to not move, you can deactivate and reactivate peacemaker in that time and still be considered AFK if you literally don't move from one spot the entire time.

23 minutes ago, egregiousRac said:

If you don't move for longer than the inactivity timeout (five minutes, if I recall correctly but don't quote me on that) you are classified as AFK, yes. No matter how much you are doing, you are required to move to some extent.

It's one minute.

Just now, Xekrin said:

Okay, what I see from the screenshot is you either completely ignored the first indicator of ineligibility and kept right on doing nothing but standing there, or you actually were afk with some sort of auto press something other other to hold down mouse button.  

If I were to see it on the first rotation, I'd be like, whoa I should move around!  Not just ignore and hope the next 10 waves produce different results.

There is absolutely zero indication of the penalty until you finish the mission. It isn't on a per-wave basis.

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It's one minute.

There is absolutely zero indication of the penalty until you finish the mission. It isn't on a per-wave basis.

Really? It is showing it in every box during the extract or stay countdown.  I'd have thought it would do so each rotation, or do you forfeit all rewards if you are afk even the last few minutes of wave 15?  

11 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

The only requirement for AFK is to not move, you can deactivate and reactivate peacemaker in that time and still be considered AFK if you literally don't move from one spot the entire time.

yes but even if you deactivate it, you have to move to take energy orbs, resources , mods....

10 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It's one minute.

I went to the loo once and can say, it did it by wave that time so unless its buggy and doesnt always show, far as I know it does

3 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

yes but even if you deactivate it, you have to move to take energy orbs, resources , mods....

Or just drop energy plates, have a trinity present to refresh you.  Its actually quite easy to play a defense and never move.  Especially if you ignore all other drops that don't fall within the reach of vacuum.  As this guy clearly did, or was literally AFK the whole time.  Either way.

Although that's another confusing thing.  Whenever I solo and go afk, my energy siphon ceases to regen my energy.  I have to move to get it started again.  Does that not affect other sources of energy regen?  I suppose I should test it someday for laughs, solo of course.

2 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Or just drop energy plates, have a trinity present to refresh you.  Its actually quite easy to play a defense and never move.  Especially if you ignore all other drops that don't fall within the reach of vacuum.  As this guy clearly did, or was literally AFK the whole time.  Either way.

Although that's another confusing thing.  Whenever I solo and go afk, my energy siphon ceases to regen my energy.  I have to move to get it started again.  Does that not affect other sources of energy regen?  I suppose I should test it someday for laughs, solo of course.

I thought that going AFK blocked all energy regen, as well as turning off your sentinal (no attacks, no vacuum).

51 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Or just drop energy plates

You can't. 

I encounter this "countermeasure" on a regular basis, since I frequently bring Mesa to Defense and open map Intercept Sorties. After a minute or so (wiki says 2 minutes, but it feels sooner than that) of standing still, all forms of energy gain are disabled. Energy Restores, Zenurik Passive, Energy Siphon, Trinity... Unless you can stock up enough Energy to last through entire 15 waves you just won't be able to use Peacemaker continuously for this long without moving. 

1 hour ago, Minak said:

This is why anti afk measure is bad.

here's the thing if u use the lasso to to bring enemies to you for constant stuns then use peacemaker vacuum sucks up the loot which in turns promotes to style that u don't need to move which leads into get set to AFK mode and that leads into threads like this been made

now if u didn't run vacuum u would have to move to get the loot and thus AFK penatly gets lifted and these threads would vanish for good <-> (mandatory drangoball referance like always)