Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Addition of other Planets/Satellites

Raqyia

Assuming that this is a good enough place for a thread like this, I was thinking about throwing around some ideas for future planet/node/sector thingies for Tenno to plunder at some point. I mean, we have Mercury, Venus, Earth, Lua, Mars, Phobos, Ceres, Jupiter, Europa, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Eris, Sedna, the Void, the Derelict, and the Kuva Fortress. Given that a misshapen potato like Phobos was able to become its own node, do you suppose we could ever travel to other moons? Perhaps visit Deimos? Even better, there's the fact that Europa became its own tileset, perhaps Ganymede, Io, and Callisto can get similar treatment (assuming they can simply rename the nodes afterwards)? What do you suppose would be an interesting space in the system to explore? What would the general look of it be?

I'd like to point out that some of the nodes for certain planets ARE moons, Io springs to mind to be honest.

As for whether new tilesets can happen: Probably! But, first, DE is working on upgrading their tilesets graphically, one by one. I think they've done ceres and have almost finished the earth redux, and they'll likely work on improving the ice wreck, corpus/grineer ship tilesets, etc. before moving on to any new tilesets. I also noticed in the changelogs that they DID go through the corpus ice planet tileset and remove a ton of different holes in the maps, so there's definitely a lot of work being done on existing tiles right now. 

Though, Kuva fortress was only just added, and the last tileset to be added was the lua ruins, so I'd say that we'll have a bit more time before we see any new tile sets.

You know, personally, I wouldn't mind seeing DE give spy vaults some love. New, challenging spy vaults to put inside corpus derelicts and ceres shipyards would make me happy indeed, especially since both lua and the kuva fortress got some rather challenging spy vaults, pretending ivara doesn't cheese kuva spy to death.

well, i rather like to see different tilesets not just the boring same asteroid or ships tiles. In the earth, we need a beach tileset for example ( without involving arch-shiet). We need a volcanic tileset full of lava and fire for venus or mercury. Kinda like mustafar from star wars.

Edited by AntoninDvorak

30 minutes ago, AntoninDvorak said:

well, i rather like to see different tilesets not just the boring same asteroid or ships tiles. In the earth, we need a beach tileset for example ( without involving arch-shiet). We need a volcanic tileset full of lava and fire for venus or mercury. Kinda like mustafar from star wars.

100% agree. It's weird how we have yet to have a lava/magma related tileset. Of course based off of lore, Venus was terra-formed, but it would be cool if Venus got a unique tileset with an ice/lava combo. 

It would also be neat if DE added in the Asteroid belt and Kuiper belt in the star chart to function as random locations for Infested/Grineer asteroid related mission.

Edited by DarkOmegaGamer

I'm still convinced the Uranus tilset is actualy one of Uranus' moon and not the gas giant itself. Not only would that make a ton more sense but there is also that giant planetoid in the sky which seems to be pretty much Uranus itself.

Yet the devs constantly refer to the planet itself when they talk about the tilset and we had odd explanations like "the ocean is liquid gas (not H2O) and it now suddently has large rocks floating in it".

I think it would be easier to just officialy explain the general "ground" tilsets of Neptune, Saturn and Uranus as the moons without them being required to be their own locations (yet). With Jupiter having currently a special status for having it's own logical atmospheric tilset, leaving Europa open to be it's own sector.

Once they actualy have the time to give Saturn, Neptune and Uranus tilsets which fit their status as gas giants, they can disconnect things like the "underwater" tilset as being it's own sector.

Edited by Othergrunty