Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need "heavy" Weapons.

Heruactic

Bring up the portable Dutch "goalkeepers".. and no, it has nothing to do with football.

That's a good idea; who says they have to be portable though?

Make some fixed heavy weaponry for specific defense maps. Some objective-oriented, gameplay-changing fixed points would be a welcome addition I think.

Things like the "Goalkeeper" would be used for hitting larger targets like incoming Corpus ships, randomly generated simple bosses (Jackal for example), or even targets that would threaten immediate loss.

Well just because something is not "ninja" enough does not mean it cannot be used effectivly and fun.  So what if the heavy weapons would be less usefull for typical missions like spy and raid. Well offcourse you wouldnt bring a Bazooka to a mission like what (Despite me allways bringing Ogris).

You take the correct tool for the job. Game has so many tools that are specificly support run and gun missions.

Heavy weapons would be the tools for defence missions.

....Also maybe instead we can get a Warframe that summons a controllable minigun for his Ultimate skill and have that minigun shoot using bullets from all of the said warframes Ammo pool.

The OP actually has a good point.  But instead of making a new class of weapons, it would make more sense to have the pre-existing heavy weapons (gorgon, supra, ogris) actually slow down the warframe's speed.  Perhaps, only heavy warframes (Rhino and Frost) can use heavy weapons without a speed reduction.

No, we dont need any more nerfs debuffs. Only buffs on current stuff.

Anyways if the idea of Heavy weapons that hard to like let me simplify it.  

Big @$$ minigun that you carry on your back. Takes a second to setup and wind up time like Gorgon. Alot more bullet spread. Alot more bullets. Piercing damage. (you can not have a 50 cal bullet not go through some stuff, i dont care what century you live in)

Slows Tenno down when its "activly" carried. Prevent Arial maneuvers when active. 

Would be good to use with frames like Volt which can errect a barrier.

This would be a lot of fun especially in defense missions which I love. I think it fits the game just fine, much like the ogris it would be a weapons that isn't suited for close quarters combat found in most non-defense type missions, but a minigun would truly shine in a defense mission. right now defense is a lot of fun with ogris, but ogris lacks in ability to work in close range, something a minigun would compliment well.

I think a team using high firepower low mobility weapons would be a really fun way to play in super high difficulty defense missions like the upcoming void defense. Also I could just imagine a mobile defense mission with level 80 enemies flowing at you nonstop like in kiste and a team of minigunners and ogris users just blasting at them nonstop. Sounds fun.

Edited by AnHeroPrime

What you all don't realize is that we are already able to carry a fifty pound battle axe on our back and still run, even if we're Loki. A heavy machine gun wouldn't really make much of an affect. Besides, who says it has to be a giant minigun with four foot long barrels? Could easily be a simple one barreled machine gun carried chainsaw style.

Besides, the Orthos shrinks when put on your back. Just have the barrels of the gun do the same.

Eh, you want a band of ninjas to.......not be ninja-y?

lol.

WTF is the point in playing a game about ninjas and......not doing any ninja type stuff?

All of that parkour and stuff that makes the game so awesome.... and you can't even do it?

If I want to grab a BFG and mow everything down, I'd go play nearly anything else....Saints Row 3, Quake, Doom, Fallout 3/NV, etc.

When I want to be a Space Ninja, I play Warframe.

Space Ninjas don't use 200lb guns and crawl along.

What you all don't realize is that we are already able to carry a fifty pound battle axe on our back and still run, even if we're Loki. A heavy machine gun wouldn't really make much of an affect. Besides, who says it has to be a giant minigun with four foot long barrels? Could easily be a simple one barreled machine gun carried chainsaw style.

Besides, the Orthos shrinks when put on your back. Just have the barrels of the gun do the same.

Uh......its called a Gorgon.

Yeah, okay, it isn't held chainsaw style, but is the grip really that big of a deal?

How is that in anyway a mini gun? Gorgon is a mini gun.

OK, you win, Gorgon is a mini gun, ok,

But could we take that wicked nail gun and give it a little more spark?

Combine Boltor and Thunderbolt and let it go boom, boom, boom ? !!!

Maybe it's not the heaviest weapon, but it could utilize heavier ammunition.

and  nobody has to wait for development of whole new weapon system or something like that.

of cause, Ninjas with howitzers in tiny rooms sounds like a whole new adventure,

I wouldn't mind to see it happening at least once.  :)

SW-12X 40 mm Field Gun

Very light field gun.

Massive clip fed direct fire weapon.

Impossible for regular humans to carry but the enhanced strength of Warframes can do it.

Mastery level 7

Type Rifle (Field Gun)

Base Damage 100 (explosive)

Base Firing Rate 3.5

Accuracy  13.5 

Base Clip Size 10 

Base Ammo Size 540 

Base Reload Speed 2.5

When firing the weapon, Warframe is reduced to a walking speed in order to brace the weapon.

Blast radius of 4m.

Capable of killing thyself.

Fully automatic.

Edited by fatpig84

• 2 weeks later...

This would be a lot of fun especially in defense missions which I love. I think it fits the game just fine, much like the ogris it would be a weapons that isn't suited for close quarters combat found in most non-defense type missions, but a minigun would truly shine in a defense mission. right now defense is a lot of fun with ogris, but ogris lacks in ability to work in close range, something a minigun would compliment well.

I think a team using high firepower low mobility weapons would be a really fun way to play in super high difficulty defense missions like the upcoming void defense. Also I could just imagine a mobile defense mission with level 80 enemies flowing at you nonstop like in kiste and a team of minigunners and ogris users just blasting at them nonstop. Sounds fun.

I think my auto/manual turret sentinel thingy which I posted earlier could server as a reserve when you run out of minigun/ogris ammo.

tenno are space ninja why would we need heavy weapons for?

i'd say the heavy weapon is for temporarry so you can't buy it or mod it, you just found it after you kill the faction that brings the weapon. . .

What would you call the ogris??? Does a rocket launcher not qualify as a heavy weapon??

Dunno how much I'd like a heavy weapon with the enjoyable frenetic pace of combat as it is, but... were I to have one, perhaps a "beam" weapon of some kind?  Have it integrate into suit, when fired, can't be cancelled (have to pick your timing carefully) and have it drain all energy & stamina when fired.

Dunno how much I'd like a heavy weapon with the enjoyable frenetic pace of combat as it is, but... were I to have one, perhaps a "beam" weapon of some kind?  Have it integrate into suit, when fired, can't be cancelled (have to pick your timing carefully) and have it drain all energy & stamina when fired.

You are not Tony Stark.

I think some kind of engineer sentries(pets) would be better. Like, you buy an autoturret for, let's say, 150000 credits(BP). Then you can deploy it anywhere you want, and you and your squad would be able to mount it to control it manually. I think this would come handy for defense missions. Turret evolves as you kill with it, so it's able to keep up with the level growth of the waves. It gets his prefixed upgrades every level automatically, but you would be able to change the upgrades' order and effect before every mission. Stuff like extra firing speed or better armor penetration. Opinions, please?

Wolf Sentry! or Lion Sentry... Or Gundam Sentry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the issue with our "current" heavy weapons is the misconception behind them. any armsmen here (Person who has served for his or her country's military in real life) is fully capable of telling you all the flaws with the weapons in the game and your preconceived notions of them. miniguns/gatling guns/ Vulcan/ rotary guns do not require spin up times for starters. the rate at which they acheave maximum rate of fire is less than a fraction of a second. it's more pull the trigger and you're firing at full tilt. it would take a high end high speed camera  to actually measure the so called "spin up time". i'm guessing from what i know of their rate of fire, you'd need to acquire a camera capable of doing 10,000 frames a second. what civilians dont understand, or i'm guessing choose to stay blissfully ignorant of, is that those types of weapon actually hold a round in each chamber, so it's not like it needs to do one full rotation to load rounds, they're already there to begin with.

the argument has been made that "well the spin up weapons are energy based so they need time to charge their capacitors". this is actually proven false. even for such weapons you would not use capacitors, anyone who has dealt with "advanced" defense systems on cruisers or even a Humvee can tell you the thing protecting them doesn't need a blasted capacitor. even designs worked on to utilize class 4 lasers and up in a rotery manner dont need a capacitor and dont even benefit from having them, if anything they suffer from it. the standard flow of power is much more desirable for those weapons and contraptions. Side note, the corpus do not use laser weapons. anyone who wishes to challenge me look up what lasers are and aren't, then get back to me. What they are actually using is similar to what they used in starwars for many of the "blaster" weapons. in that it's a controlled plasma reaction not a laser.  A laser weapon has Infinite range and consists of a solid beam of light. to weaponize it you would either use a pulse or a beam. A pulse would be quick little bursts of light, akin to what you'd think a assault rifle or a pistol would be normally suited for. IE See the lasgun of warhammer 40k. Pulses would be more adept at taking on moderately unarmored targets while the constant beam would be more suited to ripping through an armored target and tearing through to the next.

for those that ask how i can know this when lasers are sci fi so to speak, they're actually not. In the various Nato militaries around the world there are laser weapons. Mind you they are not in the hands of average troopers, instead they are mounted on vehicles for defense against incoming heavy ordinance such as rockets, missiles, and Rocket propelled grenades. that is because primarily of cost. we have the tech to arm our grunts with laser weapons but it's simply too costly. for example, for the cost of a single laser "rifle" so to speak, we can equip the same trooper with twelve of his standard rifles, three rocket launchers (commonly the LAW or Javelin) and enough ammo to last for two standard heavy battles. in other words the cost is simply too high but we do have them.

others will argue strangely that because i have mentioned starwars that my argument is invalid as starwars is acknowledged officially as future fantasy not science fiction which warframe claims to be. That is partially right, however the exact workings of the blasters are available and of sound working condition and design given the materials available in that setting.

I should note that i do believe we could benefit from some true heavy weapons, which i do not currently with my understanding conciser any of the weapons currently in game to be. a "Heavy" weapon in terms of infantry standards which the tenno are (infantry i mean, they still fall into that category despite the powered suits they wear) is any weapon that requires an additional loader or a back mounted container containing additional ammunition. Note that the ignis is not such a weapon as the fuel for it is stored on the gun itself not on the user. Also the Ogris despite being a rocket launcher is not a heavy weapon. Namely because you would never find the Ogris implanted on a tripod or other stabilizer. Also just because it's a heavy weapon doesn't make it inaccurate.

a heavy weapon in the tenno's case would be a weapon so potent that it puts additional strain on the tenno's powered suits requiring the use of an additional attachment for stability. these weapons would be rather large and likely slow the tenno down or may require some kind of setup time to fire so they dont knock themselves on their backsides. I have reason to believe  the space marines encountered by the tenno would also be more than capable of wielding such weapons. I think DE will have to test the waters first on heavy weapons. Most likely create some kind of elite enemy who utilizes such a weapon. the weapon would be designed to be later acquired by the tenno in some future update but between the implementation of the unit and the update tweaks and modifications would be made using the elite as a place holder for the tenno. this would allow them to play with setup times, damage, fire rate, possibility for cone effects, and so on. giving it to the players without this form of development is bad in a long term sense but "good" in a short term sense. short term it would make players happy, they have a heavy weapon but it would hurt them as it would not be as polished as it could have been. by utilizing the elite unit they could develop the weapon further, tune it, collect terabytes of data, and make sure everything is functional when they implement it as a tenno weapon, thus allowing them to simply do a straight port from NPC weapon to player weapon. with this we could be certain that it would have it's own unique model, it's own interesting mechanics, and it's own place on the battlefield for the tenno. it would also allow them to see if heavy weapons should be in the hands of the tenno by observing how it limits the movement of the elite in other ways that were not foreseen.

In closing, "spin up times" do not equal heavy weapons, it merely equals bad and or uninformed design. many developers (on an individual level not a company level) have never held let alone fired a tangible weapon in their life ( nerf does not count. that is a toy modeled after a weapon). they dont know the recoil of a weapon, how it feels, the mechanics of the weapon and what makes it tick so to speak. I am not saying that the devs of DE dont know what it's like to fire a weapon, Hell there's a reason Canadians dont lock their doors at night, they're armed to the teeth. and yes i'm aware that's a horrid steryotype. Canadians are actually rather nice people generally speaking.

Edited by YuriTesla

• 2 weeks later...

If DE adds a heavy weapon they could have it's accuracy  and recoilvary depending on how you are moving at the time of firing ir you are running around and shooting the weapon would have accuracy and recoil similar to the gorgan if not higher, if you are standing still and shooting the it would have accuracy and recoil between the barton and larton adn if you are standing still and crouched when shooting it would have accuracy and recoil similar to the braton-MK1