Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about we make some Steampunk skins? also limbo noggle

(PSN)varas2110

DUCK off, I'll prove you wrong, imagine a frame, like any frame, now imagine it in brass, bronze, copper, tin and old world iron metallic colors, put some moving gears, stuck vertically, perpendicular to the shoulders but off centered diagonally, add some authentic gauges and wooden bits and viouala, that's a frame steampunked I'm trying a photos shared album, reply if it's working properly

9 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

Yet some of their own skins don't exactly "fit" with Warframe's aesthetic.

They let through exceptions. In that stream they even said that it was too good to not include (I believe is was a nova skin) but even then they stated they didn't like the steampunk aspects of it and urged creators to stir away from the style. 

Great idea, I think.

But I wouldn't just do a Steampunk style Skin for Limbo, but for all Warframes.

To the nay-sayers: Of course everyone is entitled to their opinions-yes, But saying "It doesn't fit the Warframe aesthetic" Isn't really an Argument. Basically None of the deluxe Skins (not including tennogen stuff there) that were not made by DE fit the Initial Warframe aethetic. So...Look at the Frost deluxe Skin. That Looks like something that's ripped from some  korean MMORPG. Or the Trinity deluxe Skin (strega). IF they allowed this in Warframe, they might as well allow steampunk Skins.

I'd imagine Steampunk Skins would look very awesome.

28 minutes ago, WEREsandrock said:

Great idea, I think.

But I wouldn't just do a Steampunk style Skin for Limbo, but for all Warframes.

To the nay-sayers: Of course everyone is entitled to their opinions-yes, But saying "It doesn't fit the Warframe aesthetic" Isn't really an Argument. Basically None of the deluxe Skins (not including tennogen stuff there) that were not made by DE fit the Initial Warframe aethetic. So...Look at the Frost deluxe Skin. That Looks like something that's ripped from some  korean MMORPG. Or the Trinity deluxe Skin (strega). IF they allowed this in Warframe, they might as well allow steampunk Skins.

I'd imagine Steampunk Skins would look very awesome.

Thank you, at least one singular person agrees 

not sure why DE seem to have a vendetta against Steampunk style, and I would argue that personal bias should NEVER be a factor when it comes to putting cosmetics in the game: the Devs might not like steampunk, but some of us do, and we're the ones willing to pay them money for it, just because they dislike it doesn't mean that it's bad. if they said "it's hard to design", or "it takes too long for us to get out compared to other cosmetics" then fair enough, but "I don't like it" is NOT a valid reason at all for not putting it in the game.

and I'm not even gonna go down the road of what fits the Warframe aesthetic, because technically none of the Deluxe skins really do. nor do any of the Tennogen skins: they are unique skins for those wanting to stray slightly away from the regular Warframe style, and why shouldn't we be given that option, especially if we are willing to pay for it?

sorry, but I feel DE need to just buckle up and accept that some people want things that they (DE) don't.