Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dex 3 day alert

GENESISDARK

9 hours ago, Aleksundar said:

I'm a bit skeptical, they've never given a wep with slot and potato before.

It seems that way to you because of when you joined this game, until 2016 pretty much all events given you weapon with potato and slot and events were pretty frequent(multiple events each year), it was  2016 that was very "dry" in events, people are hoping that 2017 more like previous years and not 2016 but kinda lose hope because of last event...

I just missed the Dex weapons last year, started playing literally a couple of weeks after they went out. I'm happy that we have to opportunity to get the old gifts along with the new one. Most developers don't do that. If you weren't around for the second year anniversary, guess what, you can never get that second year anniversary gift. Thank you DE for allowing us to receive previous anniversary gifts.

As for the alerts, I expect that they'll be similar to the post-devstream alerts, which are a walk in the park, even for brand new players. The only difference, I expect, is that these alerts will likely have more flavour and maybe some lore or storytelling to them to make them feel more special. I like the idea of adding some semblance of an event to sending out the gifts, rather than it simply being delivered in an inbox message.

1 hour ago, Evanescent said:

Chill, most likely it's them putting a fun spin on the gift thing by making it an event.

This. Even if it does end up being an event, it will likely be easy to complete so as to allow newer players to obtain the goodies, a la "Gift of the Lotus" alerts.

Let's look at it this way. In the past, DE released Dex weapons to us as a way of saying "thanks for sticking with us" and "we're celebrating and want to share the joy". For three years, they kindly bestowed on us pre-built weapons that came with a slot and a potato. For those that had the weapons from existing anniversary releases, they basically gave us free slots. All of this wasn't asked for and was appreciated by at least most of us. They did this for three years. They built up a reputation of being generous and giving.

Now...IF it is true that the old anniversary weapons will be only available as BP's that need to be farmed...and that we have to provide the slot and potato...

This would be analogous to someone saying they're going to give you something nice out of the goodness of their hearts...then hearing them say that the gift will require a fair bit of assembly and work to get use out of it - oh and that they'll only give it to you AFTER you've done some chores for them. Diminishes the mood a bit if you ask me.

23 hours ago, puciate said:

So... older players were getting potatoed weapons for free as a thank you for being there and supporting the game.

Newer players will have not to work their a** off to just get blueprints... WOW... thank you DE >.>

I'm waiting now for that plot twist that 10% of the most hardcore clans will get syandana research to be added their dojo lab.(D'awww you thought something would be free this year?? ha ha haaa.....)

I made a thread pointing this out about this a week or two ago. It got closed/removed.....

On 16 มีนาคม 2560 at 0:54 AM, puciate said:

So... older players were getting potatoed weapons for free as a thank you for being there and supporting the game.

Newer players will have not to work their a** off to just get blueprints... WOW... thank you DE >.>

I'm waiting now for that plot twist that 10% of the most hardcore clans will get syandana research to be added their dojo lab.(D'awww you thought something would be free this year?? ha ha haaa.....)

Yes, older players also got free Archwing slots.