Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would be a decent Destreza build to use the bleed from the Vulpine Mask stance?

EmberStar

Question

I'm kind of curious.  What would be a decent build for Destreza to take advantage of the slash procs from its Vulpine Mask stance?  I don't have access to a lot of special mods though.  (No Corrupted mods, and only maybe one of the Acolyte mods.  And probably not any of the ones that would help here.)  So I guess I'm wondering A)  What would be the ideal build, and B) What could I do with just the more generic mods you can get eventually just from random enemies?  I'm guessing that building Destreza around the stance is kind of non-intuitive though, because by itself, Destreza is primarily a puncture weapon and barely even has slash damage.

7 answers to this question

https://goo.gl/KPZVnX

This? I use it with valkyr, her paralysis (3) makes proced enemies drop like flies even 100 min into solo survival.

Also. If you dont have all the primed mods, dont worry, use regular. As to blood rush+body count and relentless combination, those are essential. You benefit from high combo from blood rush, body count makes you not loose combo counter so much (almost impossible in survival, the whole point of the build) and relentless builds the combo up quicker with progression into endless mission.

58 minutes ago, Xardis said:

https://goo.gl/KPZVnX

This? I use it with valkyr, her paralysis (3) makes proced enemies drop like flies even 100 min into solo survival.

Also. If you dont have all the primed mods, dont worry, use regular. As to blood rush+body count and relentless combination, those are essential. You benefit from high combo from blood rush, body count makes you not loose combo counter so much (almost impossible in survival, the whole point of the build) and relentless builds the combo up quicker with progression into endless mission.

I don't have any of the primed mods, and I don't have any of the apparently essential mods.  I'm fairly sure those are all Acolyte mods.  I believe the one I have is Status related, and therefore basically pointless for Destreza since it's not really a Status based weapon.  Thank you for the reply though.

The Primed mods aren't mandatory. P. Fury can be replaced with Fury or (likely better) Berserker.
Blood Rush can be obtained from Lua Spy missions.
Body Count is A) dirt cheap, and B) easily replaced by Drifting Contact
Relentless Combination is a fairly common enemy drop.

-----

2 hours ago, Xardis said:

paralysis (3) makes proced enemies drop like flies

I believe that's the 'Stealth + Gas' bug that's getting fixed "soon (tm)".

4 hours ago, Chroia said:

The Primed mods aren't mandatory. P. Fury can be replaced with Fury or (likely better) Berserker.
Blood Rush can be obtained from Lua Spy missions.
Body Count is A) dirt cheap, and B) easily replaced by Drifting Contact
Relentless Combination is a fairly common enemy drop.

I guess I can't build for the procs on this weapon stance then.  (Not that it's impossible in general, just not possible for me.)  I don't like effects that make the player move in fast forward, so I don't use Fury.  (I'm one of the players that would really love a toggle to be immune to Volt Speed.)  And as I said, I don't have the other three mods that are apparently essential to making it work, and don't have any ability to get them.  I rarely buy platinum, and I don't want to deal with the hot mess that is the trading system.  And the Lua Spy mission is a map where I ended up having to beg for help to get it cleared, and I plan to never go there again, ever.  I am not the target audience for platforming puzzles.

Thank you all for the replies though.  It's helpful to know what the build should be, even if its something I'll never be able to use personally.

This should work too, though obviously not as well, due to lacking Blood Rush's increasing crits.
(Life Strike's optional, obviously, but should still heal you from DoT at no cost.)

Alternatively, if you don't have Condition Overload (which wouldn't be surprising), you could build for channelling, at the cost of 2 energy per hit (again, DoTs free, I believe) or less, if you replace e.g. Drifting Contact for Focus Energy.

There are alternatives, even if they're not the best setup.
*shrug*

Build your Destreza as you would build anyways. Because the only thing that will contribute to the slash procs on a stance like Destreza are mods that increase base damage ( You will build Destreza with Damage and Crit mods anyway due to the stats on the weapon).