Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A brilliant new sortie condition concept everyone will hate!

Xekrin

Actually a few of them and they are potentially pretty brutal and brilliantly hilarious.  I would love to see these as conditions for Sorties down the line sometime.

• No critical attacks
    • Neither enemy nor tenno are capable of performing critical attacks.  Normal attacks only.
  • No status procs
    • No damage can proc at all for anyone, no bleeds, no toxin, nothing!
  • The floor is lava
    • a long desired mode by many, basically contact with the ground for more than a few moments causes near fatal damage, stay on the move!
      • As a caveat to being unable to revive fallen team mates, double revives are given.  Although Vazarin focus would be quite useful here.

I had a couple more ideas while playing earlier but they slipped away by the time I got here to make the thread.  Alas.  Share your outlandish conditions!

Edited by Xekrin

26 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Actually a few of them and they are potentially pretty brutal and brilliantly hilarious.  I would love to see these as conditions for Sorties down the line sometime.

• No critical attacks
    • Neither enemy nor tenno are capable of performing critical attacks.  Normal attacks only.
  • No status procs
    • No damage can proc at all for anyone, no bleeds, no toxin, nothing!
  • The floor is lava
    • a long desired mode by many, basically contact with the ground for more than a few moments causes near fatal damage, stay on the move!
      • As a caveat to being unable to revive fallen team mates, double revives are given.  Although Vazarin focus would be quite useful here.

I had a couple more ideas while playing earlier but they slipped away by the time I got here to make the thread.  Alas.  Share your outlandish conditions!

Yup, I hate them all!

How about: 

"Disruptor technology has rendered all abilities and equipment inoperable. Condition: HARSH LANGUAGE ONLY."

"Enemy shielding will reflect all abilities and weapon attacks back to a random member of the squad with a 200% enhancement. Condition: I'M RUBBER YOU'RE GLUE."

"Energy Pickups reduce health, and health pickups reduce energy. Condition: BECAUSE F**K YOU THAT'S WHY. "

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

Okay, but why though?

Well, here are my 'ideas'

-No CC mode

-Unranked Weapons only

-Unmodded Weapons/Frames only

-Russian Roulette Mode where there's a 5/6 chance that shooting does nothing and a  1/6 chance that your gun misfires and shoots you straight in the head. 

-Everyone but you is Invulnerable Mode

-Enemies aren't completely invulnerable but have weakpoints smaller than the collective IQ of the human race

-40K mode where literally nothing you do will succeed and you'll just find new ways to die horribly and painfully

-Gamble your money away mode where certain actions penalize you by taking chunks of credits out of your account

-Operator only mode

-oh holy crap, you're being chased by a Synoid Mirage that has World On Fire mode

-Cry some more Carrier fans mode where Picking up items of any kind actually take from you instead of give to you

- Vay Hek mode where every enemy is Vay Hek

-No Companions mode

and worst of all

A r c h w i n g  S o r t i e s

13 minutes ago, Raqyia said:

Okay, but why though?

Because why not?  I was attempting to find new conditions that would provide a challenge.

14 minutes ago, Raqyia said:

Well, here are my 'ideas'

I don't think you understand the concept of conditional gameplay very well.  I mean I know those are just outrageously ludicrous ideas thrown out there to make fun of my ideas.  But seriously?  

17 minutes ago, Raqyia said:

Enemies aren't completely invulnerable but have weakpoints smaller than the collective IQ of the human race

That's just... wow... who hurt you?

3 hours ago, Xekrin said:

I don't think you understand the concept of conditional gameplay very well.  I mean I know those are just outrageously ludicrous ideas thrown out there to make fun of my ideas.  But seriously?  

Hey, you asked for Brutal and Hilarious Conditions, and by all means these will be things people will hate. I can see now that you probably wanted something more genuine. I will apologize for my lack of proper presentation, but I'll be damned if I did this to make fun of you and your ideas.

I suppose if I am to slim down my list to things that could potentially be in game and not to the point of being truly hated and frustrating:

-Operator Only

-No Enemy Drops

-No Companions

-No Mods

3 hours ago, Xekrin said:

That's just... wow... who hurt you?

RNGesus hurt me, and continues to do so.