Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reevaluating Sortie Missions

Raqyia

So, I went into the first sortie for today, failed three times, learned the hard way that Limbo's Rift won't protect against environmental hazards, the usual. So after a good five minutes of making fist impressions into my desk, I found myself screaming "why" instead of "F*ck F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK", then something hit me: 

-How do we get these Sorties with mind numbing conditions? Is this something the DEvs work on themselves or is it RNG?

-Do they spend any time themselves testing out the sorties?

-What will it take to fix these sorties?

With added emphasis on this third question here, what can be done to make sure we don't have to suffer through Kuva Defense sorties or bringing a bow to Kela's spinning puzzle wheel of butthurt

Did the first sortie part today with Limbo, EV trinity, Mesa, and another Mesa, didn't cause any trouble. Limbo basically kept all of us in rift while the Mesas did the killing.

The third part (Kela assassination with Bow's only) - I thought it would be ridicilously difficult, but we had 3 titanias and 1 inaros and I think killing Kela has never been that easy :D

On 19/03/2017 at 10:48 PM, Raqyia said:

or bringing a bow to Kela's spinning puzzle wheel of butthurt

use trinity ev when  doing kela  dont even need to shoot her then 2 ev trins take her down easy with only shot taken being at the spinning targets 

Edited by LTDaWolf

On 3/19/2017 at 6:48 PM, Raqyia said:

So, I went into the first sortie for today, failed three times, learned the hard way that Limbo's Rift won't protect against environmental hazards, the usual. So after a good five minutes of making fist impressions into my desk, I found myself screaming "why" instead of "F*ck F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK", then something hit me: 

-How do we get these Sorties with mind numbing conditions? Is this something the DEvs work on themselves or is it RNG?

-Do they spend any time themselves testing out the sorties?

-What will it take to fix these sorties?

With added emphasis on this third question here, what can be done to make sure we don't have to suffer through Kuva Defense sorties or bringing a bow to Kela's spinning puzzle wheel of butthurt

So to actually address your questions:

1. Probably a little of column A, little of column B. There are probably sets of conditions that are possible, then randomized. I imagine someone has a job to make sure the conditions aren't completely impossibly contradictory in the initial setup.

2. I imagine a little, but not much. Sorties are just Big Missions, so I'm guessing they probably assume quite a lot of it will just work out.

3. An act of god? No idea.