Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U9 Auras

JariWeis

So .. there's energy siphon campatable slots, and there's "not exactly"?

Or, "lol u need to forma all ur aura slots, buy more formas plz"?

Or, wait .. "Iz in ur frames, givin them the wrong aura polarities"

Edited by beol

Okay, this is a first, but I have a legitimate bone to pick with this change.

Energy Siphon has, many times in the past, saved my hide with a last second energy boost needed to cast my ultimate and take some heat off.

And now I can't even equip it on most of my frames because it's a Tactical slot while the slots on my Mag, Volt and Ember are Offensive (which corresponds to only two artifacts I hardly ever used) and my Frost's is Defensive, meaning not only does it increase the cost to equip due to not matching polarities, but most of these frames can't even afford another mod. Sure, I could Forma the slot to a Tactical polarity, but that requires me to re-level 4 characters for something that was free before, an activity that was originally supposed to reward you, not correct a mistake (and enforcing absolutely contrived replayability), and prevents me from using another "aura" that might use that slot of a different polarity.

Not only that, but Energy Siphon itself was severely weakened; the rank 0 version regenerates energy at a fraction the rate of the original artifact, so the only way to get a similar amount as before is to waste 9 slots on each Frame.

I know some players were complaining that the original artifact system was dull, but it had its merits in giving you a free boost for your party. This actively costs you to help your party. It's not "interesting", it's just painful.

I beg of the developers to please reverse this change as quickly as possible, or at least come up with a less painful solution than turning them into mods.

Edited by Archwizard

I wouldnt mind having so many V polarity slots, if they were more compatible with the warframes that had them. So far, I've seen ASh, Banshee, Mag, Rhino, and Ember (I dont have all warframes, just 8 of them) With the V slot. Banshee its okay with, because Rifle amp maxed out is 45% extra damage, plus sonar is actually really nice.  Ash can (maybe, ish, it still seems kinda meh) get some use out of Steel Charge fully upgraded.

But Ember? Why? She would be better with Energy Siphon, but she has a V, not a bar. Excal doesnt have a Aura polarity at all. I just think if the polarities better matched the frame, I'd have less of a problem with this. But all things said, upgrading the auras is pretty awesome. Also now all of the Auras affect all players, so I hope they stack. Although four Maxed rifle amps would get a bit Over powered in a structured group I can see.

Edit: Maxed out Steel Charge is 18% melee damage, soo.. still not as good as the new Pressure point.

Edited by Rhinobane

Yeah. I enjoyed the old Artifact system cause it was more situational. Now I'm being limited to a certain artifact, or being forced to polarize to get the stuff I like. I tend to run with Rejuvenation because that little bit of health gain while your shields are up is really nice when you're in a big battle, and don't mention the scavenging artifacts now, can't use any ammo hog weapons without carrying ammo boxes or, again, forma'ing your frame. (Or in this case, having a frame with that aura polarity)

Just a tad bit of an annoyance. Not saying it's a bad decision or anything just I think the polarized aura slot is kinda a bad idea. If it wasn't polarized it'd work loads better, but eh, what can ya do.

Well...with the option to boost damage by a huge margin there might be a slight chance people don't just take spam-to-win energy siphon. Before it seemed like a no brainer choice because energy siphon was vastly superior to any other choice.

On the other hand it really sucks to have another drain on your points. Far more so for people with 60 point builds who can throw away their highlevel mods now.

The only good thing about this is that the game might finally stop being a piece of cake with a four-man Energy Siphon ability spam.

Just nerf  energy siphon or limit artifacts number in one party like 2 energy siphon

problem solved, i hate having V aura-slot in my warframe because i don't have one

The only good thing about this is that the game might finally stop being a piece of cake with a four-man Energy Siphon ability spam.

Too bad it will become even more of a piece of cake for a full team of 5+Forma frames with maxed auras.

The update only made things harder for new players. Nothing got more difficult for advanced players.

I have my frames optimized. There is zero left over energy. Not willing to give up a mod for an aura. Fk it no aura for me.

I  would rather roll with no aura then forma again and level up again wile getting no more mastery for my effort.

As with most people, i too am highly opposed to the new aura system due to the benchmark it sets for players entering the game who have not had the time to fully polarize their frame. The previous artifact system was a nice way to 'tie-in' new players into the game, giving them a leg up where they might otherwise fall behind hopelessly. 

That said,  I do agree that running a 4 man team of energy syphon is rather game breaking. But that could have been easily remedied via restricting the squad to only running 1X of each artifact (or mod as of Update9).

So in essence, i propose that running aura mods NOT eat into the frame energy, but rather if multiple instances of a single aura mod type appears the effects do not stack.  This would both remove the need to drastically overhaul the system again (I hope) , as well as keeping the ability for players to lvl up the aura mods which i felt was a nice touch.

Edit: or prehaps the system displays the highest lvl of said mod, so that players can respond in kind and change their aura layout. 

Edited by Rei_Ikari

That said,  I do agree that running a 4 man team of energy syphon is rather game breaking. But that could have been easily remedied via restricting the squad to only running 1X of each artifact (or mod as of Update9).

This should have been done instead ^

Also lack of siphon hurts caster frames quite a bit.