Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with Memory Leak issue?

Dr.ZipZopZoppityBob

Question

So I was noticing my Warframe application was taking A LOT of RAM in the task manager (upto 12/14 gigs), and I decided to follow this video by [DE] Glen:

These are my current stats at the moment:

~500MB (haul) Start
~1.3GB (RAM) Start

~550MB (Haul) at 0:30:00
~4GB (RAM) at 0:30:00

I have NVIDIA Shadowplay turned off, and it seems to be only happening to Warframe. Other games I play (Killing Floor 2, PAYDAY 2, Overwatch) DO NOT have this problem.

What do you guys think it is? I've never really had to solve something like this. 

5 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, Dr.ZipZopZoppityBob said:

What do you guys think it is? I've never really had to solve something like this. 

Turn off Nvidia PhysX and try again. PhysX in the current drivers is kinda buggy and prone to cause memory leak errors in Warframe.

If you still want to use PhysX, downgrade your graphics driver to version 375.95 (the one I'm currently using). I've had no problems with it.
You can do it here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Make sure you fill out the fields in the page correctly, or your driver won't function right.
After you download the file (typically ~350 MB in size), run the package from your downloads folder and choose a "clean installation". This will remove all of your previous video driver files and replace it with the known stable 375.95 version.

Hope this helps you.
I had to downgrade myself a while back.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

14 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Turn off Nvidia PhysX and try again. PhysX in the current drivers is kinda buggy and prone to cause memory leak errors in Warframe specifically.

If you still want to use PhysX, downgrade your graphics driver to version 375.95 (the one I'm currently using). I've had no problems with it.
You can do it here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Make sure you fill out the fields in the page correctly, or your driver won't function correctly.
After you download the file (typically ~350 MB in size), run the package from your downloads and choose a "clean installation". This will remove all of your previous video driver files and replace it with the known stable 375.95 version.

Hope this helps you.
I had to downgrade myself a while back.

Yeah as the test was going on, and Glen was talking about the issues, I remembred "oh right, physX exists."

I'll try it again. 

EDIT: It seemed to do the trick: 

~500MB (Haul) Start
~1.2GB (RAM) Start

~530MB (Haul) at 0:12:00
~1.3GB (RAM) at 0:12:00

Edited by Dr.ZipZopZoppityBob
stats

Just another tenno confirming. 

It's PhysX being bugged. Everything can seem fine for hours and all of a sudden it goes nuts resulting in a crash due to memory...

And yeah, I too read about Flex. WTF Nvidia. I caved in at went with the 1070 after years of using AMD 6950 and then you go and do this S#&$. 😖