Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Rage Build Obsolete

YourBusDriver

Question

18 answers to this question

Just now, Calwon5 said:

I'm confused was something changed for valkyr's ability or?

Yeah, her heath and shields are invulnerable while in hysteria mode - this means she can't take damage to her health, and therefore Rage cannot fuel her energy level. As a result, Rage builds are not possible. The one thing that made Valkyr mid-tier bit the dust.

I'm asking if she's still usable. 

3 minutes ago, YourBusDriver said:

Are there any builds you might suggest?

For Hysteria, I go with max efficiency: http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Valkyr/t_30_2440002420_2-1-10-3-8-5-6-4-5-19-2-10-49-7-10-55-5-5-59-3-3-411-6-10-479-0-10-615-9-5_479-7-2-6-19-7-59-9-6-11-55-11-411-8-49-8-3-18-615-9_0/en/1-0-19/105678/0

Warcry, just go with max duration and power strength. 

Just now, Stoner74 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. She certainly isn't going to be as fun anymore, but I'll have to really figure that out once I try this. 

8 minutes ago, YourBusDriver said:

Are there any builds you might suggest?

TBH it's super simple to build her. Health, armor, and then Strength with at least like 90% Duration. You also need Eternal War for a melee-focused build. Rage is 100% viable on that.

Hysteria is something you can't stay in forever anymore, but Warcry is still super viable. Perhaps it's MORE viable now that more powerful melee weapons have come out. 

This is not to say Hysteria is bad now, because it isn't. It should simply be used more sparsely in favor of guns and your other powers. High damage and invulnerability trading off for high energy drain. Seems pretty balanced IMO.

Edited by TrickshotMcGee

Perma Hyseria is still a thing. It's just an expensive thing.

If you don't have Energize on hand or don't want to buy it then No. There's not much point to Valkyr anymore. Least not compared to Chroma. Going in and out of Hysteria will reset your combo multiplier which can diminishes her damage output considerably and if you go Naramon then you might as well just play Saryn or Banshee.

Don't get me wrong, she's not bad but outside Hyseria there's just better options.

7 minutes ago, Nyaa314 said:

Blood rush and body count don't work with exalted weapons anyway, what's the point?

If you're using a Warcry build and jump into Hysteria for whatever reason to beat up some enemies or stay alive. You will be at x0 when you come out of it. That's a serious drop in damage output.  She's still kinda built to be in one mode or the other. There's no transition or synergy between the two modes.

Drifting Contact works with Hysteria and it's really the only reason Hysteria Valkyr is still good. Hell, that goes for exalted melee in general.

19 hours ago, Xzorn said:

If you're using a Warcry build and jump into Hysteria for whatever reason to beat up some enemies or stay alive. You will be at x0 when you come out of it. That's a serious drop in damage output.  She's still kinda built to be in one mode or the other. There's no transition or synergy between the two modes.

Drifting Contact works with Hysteria and it's really the only reason Hysteria Valkyr is still good. Hell, that goes for exalted melee in general.

The game will "remember" your melee combo count going into Hysteria, so that when you end Hysteria you will still have a combo going, so the two melee modes are not mutually exclusive when it comes to playstyle.

The Drifting Contact interaction will be fixed eventually, so I wouldn't get used to it.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

27 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

The game will "remember" your melee combo count going into Hysteria, so that when you end Hysteria you will still have a combo going, so the two melee modes are not mutually exclusive when it comes to playstyle.

The Drifting Contact interaction will be fixed eventually, so I wouldn't get used to it.  

The timer for combo counter continues when you've changed modes.

It keeps a separate count for each mode. You will lose your combo if you spend more than ~13 seconds in either.

I know that Drifting Contact was designated a bug months ago but it would also be foolish to remove it.

Exalted melee that costs energy and subject to Nullifiers / Ancient Disruptors /Scrambus doing less damage and/or status than Normal melee which does not have those weaknesses is pretty bad design.

3 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

The timer for combo counter continues when you've changed modes.

It keeps a separate count for each mode. You will lose your combo if you spend more than ~13 seconds in either.

I know that Drifting Contact was designated a bug months ago but it would also be foolish to remove it.

Exalted melee that costs energy and subject to Nullifiers / Ancient Disruptors /Scrambus doing less damage and/or status than Normal melee which does not have those weaknesses is pretty bad design.

The Shadow Debt aftermath has been a mess for a long time now, unfortunately.  I also didn't realize that the timer ticks down now even when holstered.  I guess that was a bug too.  

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:40 PM, Calwon5 said:

I'm confused was something changed for valkyr's ability or?

DE increased her energy costs under Hysteria quite a bit--a bit too much, in my opinion.

Nevertheless, her energy costs increase the longer she's in Hysteria and the costs per second get very high. This actually means Rage is more important to her than ever before.

Also, you WILL still need Steel Fiber. Although it's true it potentially will slow energy production, the conditions you'll need that production are such that you probably won't survive generating a full or even useful energy bar if you don't have it.

Valkyr can still do what she always could do, you just need to keep a very close eye on energy state and enemy concentrations.