Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless Defense makes no sense

PY-R0

Straight to the point, endless Defense makes no sense from mechanics perspective. Why would anyone risk losing the objective just to kill some more enemies? No sense. Simply protect it until evacuation is available and extract the objective. 

Mobile Defense, on the other hand, would make a lot of sense if it was an endless mission. Either extracting the intel from enemy consoles, or giving some fake one instead, doesn't matter. There are plenty of consoles on every survival tileset, and if every single one was hacked we could use them again, like we use same spots in excavation. 

Just now, Koldraxon-732 said:

I agree with how Endless Defense makes no sense, but for different reasons:
The longer we stay (beyond 15/20 waves), the more likely the objective can be insta-killed by enemies.

That's exactly what I was talking about. If the objective is important why risk losing it? The only reason endless defense can exist is challenge, nothing else. 

Sealab Defense, has the objective more around, but it is within a smallish cave structure with a series of tunnels between the points.

I think it would be awesome to have Defense be more moving the precious cargo to a transport ship from a new unique starting point, so we have to move through a tile set, defending the target. Only problem is how it then would mimic Hijack.

I do like the idea of having Mobile Defense be endless, that would be neat.

1 hour ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Sealab Defense, has the objective more around, but it is within a smallish cave structure with a series of tunnels between the points.

That defense mission is more like mobile defense than defense.