Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leveling items without souring my experience

Scylax

Question

Leveling items as a late-game player can be problematic, because I need weapons/frames to fight high level enemies, but newly-constructed equipment is usually only effective for low-level enemies. Because of this I either have to level equipment up by not using it (multiplayer affinity, Spy, etc) or by sidetracking and grinding low-level missions that serve no benefit to me other than leveling up the weapon. I'm MR 16, so if I slap a catalyst / reactor on a piece of equipment I get 32 mod points, which is usually just effective enough that I can use it in most high-level missions, but I can't feasible add reactors/catalysts to every piece of equipment I make.

Leveling by non-use seems like exploiting the meta, and playing low-level missions sours my experience, so what's the intended way for me to rank up any item by both using it and using it in missions I normally play?

Edited by Scylax

9 answers to this question

Leveling by non-use seems like exploiting the meta, and playing low-level missions sours my experience, so what's the intended way for me to rank up any item by both using it and using it in missions I normally play?

There's no such thing.

You either run missions that you like (which means slow leveling), using stealth method, leveling passively or simply do you exp farm.

It's not like you have other options. If you had exp farm wouln't have been so popular.

Edited by -Temp0-

15 minutes ago, Scylax said:

what's the intended way for me to rank up any item by both using it and using it in missions I normally play?

I don't think there is an "intended" way aside from normally running missions to gain XP.

To answer your question, you can use Banshee or any frame that allows for significant damage multipliers (or makes enemies weaker) to make your weapons stronger. You can then take these weapons into sorties which are pretty high level or any other high level mission.

Edited by CherryPauper

Why not simply play e.g. Neo / Axi Fissure (or regular high-level) Defense / Interception,
with one proper weapon and / or damage-dealing Frame so you actually contribute
while the rest of your gear is there waiting to be passively leveled by the other players?

You know, kind of an everybody wins approach.
You get Relics, Prime parts, a good amount of Affinity, jolly cooperation, woot.
Maybe not as fast as "pure" powerleveling but it's worked just fine for me. *shrug*

Passive levelling is the way to go generally, I feel - i.e. have one fully modded weapon, have the other weapon holstered and just passively levelling while you go about your normal business.  

If you really want it done urgently, then there's nothing wrong with a bit of powerlevelling now and then, it's not like it's a sin.

what i do... i crat lets say 5-6 wepons once they are crafted i buy affinity booster and that day i play until they are not maxed..dark sector is good place... sedna ialso give u nice xp.. or spy missions...get stealth frame equip hush on gun and kill everything u can max wepon in 3-4 run 

Want to level without souring your experience? Stop doing the same mission over and over again. :)

And if you are MR 16, you have capacity to put a decent amount of mods on your rank 0 weapon. Challenge yourself and go a few levels higher than you think you should. Not only will you have more fun, your weapons will level up faster.

MR 16 is not a late game player.  Most players who play long enough get there by accident, just crafting the easy or super meta things.  When you level up to 20 or more, you'll find you have no problem squeezing a fully ranked base damage mod and fully ranked multishot onto many weapons.

When I'm leveling weapons I don't intend to potato, I bring them along for the ride on spy or sortie, and I carry a second, good weapon if I need to do killing. The alternative is to go to Akkad.  It's easy to get a full group for more XP and the money is good too.

For warframes, I prioritize the survival mods ( vitality, redirection, steel fiber, etc.) at first and let my weapons do the work until I gain enough levels to make my skills useful.  

The game has us go back and replay low level content so much anyway that you should have plenty of chances to level stuff without going out of your way.