Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loadout Focus

Omnijack

6 minutes ago, MistressMoonpaw said:

Been saying the exact same thing for months

Funny you say that, because I've seen an exact copy of this thread a while back.
Nothing wrong with a bit more exposure though, especially with a topic like this.

11 minutes ago, Omnijack said:

It'd be nice if we could associate specific focus schools to loadouts. It's kindof a pain having to run all the way to the back of the ship to switch when i'm going through different builds.

It would definitely be a nice addition.
Focus still desperately needs a rework though.

Be nice if we could have a proper addon API so we can fix the UI ourselves, and add features equivalent to WoW's outfitter addon.  That could utterly surpass loadouts, by not only swapping focus, but selecting the frame, its mods, and the damage types of your weapons, according to the faction and type of mission you pick.  It could also make sure your gear wheel is kept stocked up, and even craft items to ensure that, using resources so long as they were over a minimum.

WoW didn't get to 11 million players because it was a theme-park, Skinner-box MMORPG.  It got to 11 million players because Blizzard put a ton of work into making a very usable UI, and also providing an addon API so that players could make for themselves almost anything that Blizzard themselves didn't have time to make.

Games are successful when they are fun, but in far too many studios the devs neglect the fact that 'fun' is also largely dependent on how many annoyances there are in the game.

Less annoying = more fun.

I second this, at the very least let us associate focus per frame.

Because changing focus is such a hassle/easy to forget thing I just constantly run zenurik to spare myself the micromanagent. And when i finally switch to something, and later forget it, I curse myself for using anything else but zenurik when my caster frames screwed over by not having it.