Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Easy strategies to take on Raptor?

mosaickle

Question

I feel like I happen to have an 'inherent' disadvantage against the boss Raptor on Namahh for the following reasons:

1 - I'm running Warframe on Windows through BootCamp from Mac on a laptop so there is some movement delay (not lag, but movement delay), especially aiming, there's a short delay but it's very noticeable against 'flying' enemies (which is why Vay Hek was nearly unkillable as well), as well as lower than average FPS (I look at Warframe gameplay on YouTube and everything is like, 3 times smoother than mine

2 - I still have that weird 'slide jump' thing, and for people telling me to 'get good', I would present my proof if I had screen recorded it, I was sprint straight and sliding and jumping and half way in between, without moving my mouse I pop off to the right, so picking up the thing the boss drops and only having like 5 seconds to get it somewhere is incredibly hard for me, especially with the 'shape' of the terrain, making it easy to jump upwards onto it and getting caught and locked in the terrain

3 - Not sure whether this is just me or not, but the things the Raptors drop after they're killed nearly always drop in either inaccessible parts of terrain or in places very inconvenient to reach (and thus once I do get a hold of it the timed pressure follows up to the 2nd point)

I know about going in public matchmaking and having other people pick it up and put it in, but so far I have yet to meet anyone (public) who knows how the boss works (perhaps because I dunno, I happen to do research before I face bosses) so I always have to do the picking up and chucking myself and currently I don't have as much higher MR friends (in terms of I can never find anyone high level enough who happen to free at the same time as me)

What exactly can I do?

And in terms of FPS and the delay, if I turn down my graphics any lower and my Warframe looks like clay

9 answers to this question

An EV Trin supported by a Slova can kill the Raptor before it fully exits the tube, which will often drop the bomb in without any effort on your part. Since you have a lot of lag, you might want to be the Slova.

PS: If you can get a group together, try to get any two of rhino, nidus, and octavia to boost the EV's damage.

PPS: I have to go to work right now, but feel free to PM me in-game tomorrow if still need help.

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-

For sorties Wukong with never ending Defy (Rage, a lot of efficiency and a lot of duration) is my goto frame when it comes to raptors. Recast Defy every now and then to keep your health up after it saved you from dying. 

Wukong will not go down and you can do a lot of reviving.

Bring two weapons with punch. Primary: anything from the Tigris family. Secondary: something like Lex or Vaykor Marelok. One weapon should be modded to have lots of radiation damage and the other one should be modded to have lots of magnetic damage.

I normally use a 100% status Vaykor Marelok with Magnetic to strip down shields fast. Then I use a 100% status Tigris P with  radiation and viral to finish the Raptor off. The Vaykor Marlek also restores 25% of your health from time to time due to its inbuild justice. 

Edited by k05h

32 minutes ago, k05h said:

For sorties Wukong with never ending Defy (Rage, a lot of efficiency and a lot of duration) is my goto frame when it comes to raptors. Recast Defy every now and then to keep your health up after it saved you from dying. 

Wukong will not go down and you can do a lot of reviving.

Bring two weapons with punch. Primary: anything from the Tigris family. Secondary: something like Lex or Vaykor Marelok. One weapon should be modded to have lots of radiation damage and the other one should be modded to have lots of magnetic damage.

I normally use a 100% status Vaykor Marelok with Magnetic to strip down shields fast. Then I use a 100% status Tigris P with 100% with radiation and viral to finish the Raptor off. The Vaykor Marlek also restores 25% of your health from time to time due to its inbuild justice. 

This. I use Tigris Prime.