Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone else think farming Kuva kinda sucks?

Rakosta_Kai

It's all about how you go about it: Personally I don't find farming for kuva to be worthwhile (I only go for floods unless there's a booster), but here are some tips I can share to make it a bit easier for you:

• Use stealth warframes like Loki, Ivara or Ash (or Octavia, to some extent). They can't hurt what they can't hit!
  • Kuva clouds show up on enemy radar as well, so clear out the rank and file mobs to make it easier to spot them.
  • Clouds also emit sound, so if you can afford to use stereo/surround sound then you could locate them purely by ear as well.
  • When you switch into operator mode, you have a brief moment of invulnerability. Use that to your advantage and close the gap with your Warframe first, then only switch to operator mode when you are sure you can get the cloud in a single, quick dash.
  • For closed tiles like the Ceres shipyard small room or the infested ship hallway with very little distance, stay near the siphon and pinpoint the cloud before moving out. There are only 2-3 directions it will come from, so it should be easy to find out where it is before it can get to the siphon.

Also worth noting is that while having more tenno in the squad can help cover more ground and complete the main objective faster, doing kuva flood/siphons solo allows me to concentrate more on the task at hand. As long as you keep yourself alive and the enemies thin, you should have no problem dealing with kuva at all.

@[DE]Rebecca any chance that we may see any Kuva changes in the near future?

Issues with Kuva:

• Small compact siphon rooms. Infested ships are the biggest culprits of this issue although you also see it on some Grineer and Corpus tilesets
    • enemies literally spawn 1 foot away from you which makes it hard to play anything that is not a tank. Nothing more fun then getting insta gib by a scortcher or cat lady before you can see them spawn in.
    • Kuva cloud spawning literally next to the siphon which makes it almost impossible to collect.
  • Kuva clouds getting randomly stuck in the environment. At least secondary clouds will spawn in.
  •  Sometimes we cannot find the kuva siphon anywhere. Now, orokin sabotage was my favorite game mode because I used to love searching for the caches so I am pretty good at combing over an entire map but sometimes after me and my team have searched the entire map least 2 times over we cannot find the siphon. This one seems to be a more rare occurrence though.
  • Kavats and its resource boost. Now I have been told that if you are on operator mode once you collect the last kuva cloud you will not get the resource boost from your kavat. I guess that would explain why after 100+ runs my kavat only gave me extra resources one single time.
  • Repetitive. I guess you can make the claim that at least it spawns on random mission types but lets be real, after you have done this 5 times the game mod becomes a shore.
  • The rooms sometimes are so bad that you have no idea where the clouds are spawning in or moving to. Looking at you double floored infested rooms. 

Bottom line we need more consistent tilesets at the very least.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

6 hours ago, arm4geddon-117 said:

YES!

Kuva farming is a chore, boring ,on top of that we have a bit_ch RNG when rolling rivens, like when you find 3 amazing stats and the 4th is a -199% dmg you wanna punch a wall ..

More Kuva, less S#&$ RNG stats ( at least for those so called Strong dispositions aka 4/5 full highlighted dots in the weapons stats )

strong or faint, -dmg -multishot cr_ap stats in the riven systems should just go and never come back

that would be too easy, tenno! 

18 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

Would make sense...

A Kuva Fortress Hijack/Mobile Defense mission for a few thousand Kuva per player would be a nifty mode imo.

Do it up like a multi node CTF with the enemies trying to recapture it at each point where you had to 

• Steal it
  • Protect/Defend it via transport to Extraction to keep it from being re-taken or destroyed
  • Protect/Defend it at Extraction point until timer elapses.

Sounds like alot more fun than trying to intercept Kuva as it magically appears from a wall.

I like this idea. But I doubt DE would implement it as is and easily farmable. I could see it as a mission that requires a "key" where the beacons or coordinates you acquire from killing Guardians that spawn in Kuva missions. It makes sense lore wise too, you get fragments of info from the fat dudes for a special mission.

Im burned out of the Kuva Farming process. I agree that the process is absolutely repetitive.

What bothers me even more is that there is ZERO progression, only way to increase your chances to a good roll is to repete the process like a lab rat for hundreds of time. 

You dont evolve into anything better, your riven doesnt get better as a result of effort and skill over time. You just grind and hope RNG helps you.

I decided Im going to do everything else but farm Kuva. I will do relics, farm mods etc... This way I can trade the things I get for plats and them get the rivens I want. 

34 minutes ago, JalakBali said:

I like this idea. But I doubt DE would implement it as is and easily farmable. I could see it as a mission that requires a "key" where the beacons or coordinates you acquire from killing Guardians that spawn in Kuva missions. It makes sense lore wise too, you get fragments of info from the fat dudes for a special mission.

Thanks. 

It's just me spitballing an idea based on what they can do with their current list of assets. I can definitely see them finding some way to make it grindy though (keys, coordinates, etc)

6 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

Yes, it is a boring, grindy and repetitive process. That's why I avoid it.

In my opinion this hamster wheel is a pointless waste of time as long as stat rolling is random.

....It's a bit too random, to me, as well.

If a line could be locked when you got to something you liked it wouldn't be quite so painful.

MH 2015 had something similar with costume cores but it wasn't near so onerous and expensive to use.

I dig the idea of Rivens, I just wish that it wasn't the only way to breath new life into older/underperforming gear.

But Kuva and Kuva farming to roll the Rivens doesn't make sense at all.

We already suffer from resource bloat and drastically increased costs to address it.... And they add a new one?!?!

It would have been enough to make Kuva something we were stealing from the Grineer to keep from having the Queens empowered.

As a professional kuva farmer: I actually like it. It can be fun and challenging. For floods i suggest bringing inaros, loki, limbo or ... now octavia. There are some issues yes but I find it hard to believe that you actually love playing sorties or whatever and really hate kuva farming. 

It's certainly not my favorite thing to do but I find it more tolerable when it feels like you're getting something back for your time in.

The "problem" there, then, being that each and every roll of the Riven is totally random and if you have a Riven that is mediocre at best it still takes some amazingly good fortune to get rolls that are a step up. 

That feeling when you basically waste 12k kuva on Riven rolls that are all worse than middling. 

At that point, it's a combination of a complete waste of your time spent added to making further Riven rolls cost even more.

And then at that point, you're easily looking at a downward spiral with massive burnout waiting at the bottom.

IF at the very least the cost of Riven rolls was reduced to 600 that'd be slightly better. 

And then if it stayed at 600 rather than scaling upwards on each roll, that'd be much better.

As it is the increasing cost is frustrating due to every roll being as totally random as every other roll. 

I think if there we were able to spend kuva to lock in stats as you go along that'd help a lot. 

I know it could then be said that then people would min-max the rivens but min-max still goes on, it's just totally RNG right now. And having a "lock in cost" would still make for something of a "kuva sink" while giving you some feeling of control.

At this point, I'm very much tending to settle for a Riven being "good enough" rather than keeping dumping kuva down the drain trying to get a lucky so called "god roll" =p
("good enough" being something comparable to Shred or a 60/60 mod combined with a larger magazine or faster reload, QoL type of stuff.)

Cheers.
~R~

Ive been grinding kuva for weeks now, its all that's kept me playing. My complaints are:

1. RNG

Let's face it, rivens are RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG. You get rivens from Sorties, which is RNG as to whether you get one or not (I got a pistol riven from today's sortie after a whole week of sculputres) RNG as to what weapon it will be for (It was for the Dual Toxocyst...) and RNG as to rolling for the stats you want. It's not rare to see players dump roll after roll after roll into their rivens to get what they're looking for.  I know a guy who is sitting at 36 rolls for a kohm riven because he wants those "perfect stats" which DE has explicitly stated that they don't want players to get

. ggSRGg0.jpg

Take this for example. I rolled this riven many times past the "grace period" where it costs less to roll it, and it wasn't until the 14th roll I got these stats. And, of course, the negative stat all but destroys the riven, because the Vulkar Wraith (which I was using this riven for) has the longest reload of all sniper rifles, and puts the reload speed at 7.3.

7.3 seconds to reload a gun, a sniper rifle no less. And since there's so many rolls and the rest of the stats are decent enough, what incentive is there for me to keep rolling it? Absolutely none.

xyo3ggP.jpg

Here's another example. It's an incredibly flawed system. Whenever I get a roll like this (more often I get even more useless rolls like +Ammo Maximum and +Status Duration and THATS IT, NO OTHER STATS) I just give up and go do something else.

2. The actual grinding

Warframe is a grind, the devs know it, I know it, you know it, its common knowledge. But grinding for kuva is perhaps the most egregious grind in the entire game. A kuva siphon without a booster grants a meager 600 kuva. The max roll cost is 3,500. This means you would need to play roughly SEVEN  kuva siphons to get ONE roll out of a riven. That is absolutely bullsht;, unequivocal madness. If you don't have the plat to buy resource boosters you may as well forget even BOTHERING with rivens. And Kuva Floods? Kuva floods only give roughly double the amount of a normal mission. "But what's wrong with that!" you may say, well I say that again, if you don't have a booster its not worth it. Kuva Siphons take some time to reappear after you complete one, and completing one without a booster is roughly the same as completing a normal siphon WITH a booster.

Another thing is the missions. I understand DE wanted to populate the star-chart some more instead of having grind-areas, but its poorly implemented with siphons. Its dry, boring and tedious to have to do the original mission as well as the siphon.

"Here, go here for 5 minutes and $&*^ around, kill the siphon if you see it."
"Here, go hack these spy vaults that you just did in today's sortie, kill the siphon if you see it." "Here, go kill this capture target and then kill the siphon if you see it"

Repeat ad nauseum every single mission, on every single planet. This could be circumvented if they would actually MAKE IT SO I CAN GRIND KUVA AT THE TILESET THAT FCKNG HAS "KUVA" IN THE NAME. I get it, I do, its the reason they took away the old void system. But its soooo boring. I'd rather spend hours and hours in survival missions and defenes missions in the Kuva Fortress grinding out this useless resource than doing short, sporadic bursts and getting less out of it.

All in all, I hope they take a look at the Riven system this year and change it fundamentally, because as it stands its a @(*()$ utter mess.

Edited by Maverick124

7 minutes ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

I think kuva farming will be what ultimately destroys the game. It's an often unrewarding grind and when more and more players see they have rolled their ___ riven over 50 times and have nothing to show for it, the burnout will be very real.

yeah its already hitting me really damn hard. my friends and i farmed for like a week and we're all completely dead inside and want to stop playing in general for awhile, its just too painful.

Edited by Urquiora