The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too Pay To Win Now

Feenster

being able to buy mats in the marketplace just ruins the game for me i spent hours on end last week farming 20 control modules and now i got 15 in one run? & ontop of that you can buy every mat for 30 plat in bundles i wish i could refund the founders pack i bought last week to support them i am not cool w/ this it's totally changed the grind element for me why farm for 3 hours for 1500 circuits when you can pay 2 bucks for it i am not cool w/ this at all. way too pay to win even more than before at least before the materials gave us an end game and a sense of prestige w/ this patch its all gone 

Well all of the items could already be bought with plat, with a free potato and inventory slot. If anything the purchase of materials with plat is a middle ground between free crafting and an outright purchase. It all comes down to one question, whats worth more, your time or your money?

P.S.  not really pay to win as all items and frames still have to be leveled

You are not getting anything more powerful than what's in game by purchasing things in the market. So it's not pay to win. You are paying for the convenience of not having to grind for hours on end if you have the money and not the time.

What does getting 15 control modules in one run have to do with the game being pay to win or not? If anything that completely disproves that it's pay to win. If you can get that many in one run why do you need to purchase resources with platinum?

Your argument makes absolutely zero sense.

being able to buy mats in the marketplace just ruins the game for me i spent hours on end last week farming 20 control modules and now i got 15 in one run? & ontop of that you can buy every mat for 30 plat in bundles i wish i could refund the founders pack i bought last week to support them i am not cool w/ this it's totally changed the grind element for me why farm for 3 hours for 1500 circuits when you can pay 2 bucks for it i am not cool w/ this at all. way too pay to win even more than before at least before the materials gave us an end game and a sense of prestige w/ this patch its all gone 

Oh? You can win this game by getting some resources? I never knew that winning Warframe was so easy!

It's a co-op game, there is no such thing as pay to win in a co-op game when you get credit for every kill your team makes, unless of course you are referring to your kill score, in which case I would suggest you grow up and get better at playing. Any good player can smoke the competition in terms of kill counts, even with only using the weaps you can buy for credits.

There is no competition built into the game, and the new Warframes and weaps you get form materials don't really give any one player an advantage over another, they only add to the team's success as a while, whether or not the paid for them or if they farmed them.

On top of this, if you have money for platinum, why would you spend that resources when you can just buy the weapons and Warframes outright, this is for people who need a little boost or need it to help out their clan, which still doesn't make sense since you can always ask your clan mates to help shoulder the burden for new rooms. In the end, the only thing I could think this would be beneficial for is for people who hop into a clan and don't want to spend the time to get the resources for the prime weapons and clan weapons that they can't buy outright. And even then it doesn't usually take days or weeks to farm that crap, so stop complaining. Edited by CoffeeBlack

its not pay to win LOL. if you buy one of those you are either desperate or $&*&*#(%&. therefore its not paying to win. takes 5 mins to get a control module. or like 1$ id spend the 5 mins

Pay is just convenient. No one is paying for an "advantage" over others. I got a wife, job and 2 kids, I don't have time to farm all night and weekends like I used to in past games. Yet after all the things I've payed for, I still farm, build and work hard at the game like everyone else.

This is PVE, not only PVE but a PVE where nearly everything that is pay, is obtainable for free. Everything that is strictly pay is just aesthetics and a timed wait. Considering the cost to buy resources, even those with plenty of plat have to question it.

Plus us paying helps support the Developers and keep the game in their hands and out of the influence of some of the most horrible publishers that have been known to ruin what a game development group had intentions for.

30 plat for 300 plastids? I don't think so.

Edited by OrokinNoob

I love that I can now purchase materials. I work and have other real life commitments that take away

the amount of time I have to play. Now I have a chance to enjoy some of the things I couldn't before

because I didn't have the time to grind.

To be honest I have no idea why you would title this thread pay to win as that would suggest the only

way to get the materials is to purchase them with real world money. I think you are just having a cry.

I love that I can now purchase materials. I work and have other real life commitments that take away

the amount of time I have to play. Now I have a chance to enjoy some of the things I couldn't before

because I didn't have the time to grind.

To be honest I have no idea why you would title this thread pay to win as that would suggest the only

way to get the materials is to purchase them with real world money. I think you are just having a cry.

He titled the post the way he did because he has no idea what "pay to win" actually means.

Well I guess some people just want to unlock everything in the game in one minute and others want to farm several months for it.

I guess all those that unlock stuff right now will get bored rather soon.

Oh look, its this post again.

Please use the term properly, as it doesn't even apply to this game in the remotest sense. Even if it did apply, DE changes the game in response to player feedback on a consistent basis.

Quite whining and just give constructive feedback.

i make over 100 dollars an hour irl 30 plat in bundles like the 250 dollar 8k plat founders pack make 30 plat nothing to myself and alot of other people w/ already established careers it comes down to people wanting to work for 3 hours for more mats than they could farm all week  if they played 8 hours a day for 7 days straight. One of my friends just tested this he makes much more than i do and he created and finished a dojo using all plat tonight w/ all rooms when we have been working towards a clan dojo over the course of months for me that takes any prestige of having clan weapons out of the game all together. I mean i cannot be alone in this w/ a random drop system for blueprints the grind really comes down to the mat farming thats what has kept me playing. I hope my views on this change as it is 5 13 am here but i doubt it.

i make over 100 dollars an hour irl 30 plat in bundles like the 250 dollar 8k plat founders pack make 30 plat nothing to myself and alot of other people w/ already established careers it comes down to people wanting to work for 3 hours for more mats than they could farm all week  if they played 8 hours a day for 7 days straight. One of my friends just tested this he makes much more than i do and he created and finished a dojo using all plat tonight w/ all rooms when we have been working towards a clan dojo over the course of months for me that takes any prestige of having clan weapons out of the game all together. I mean i cannot be alone in this w/ a random drop system for blueprints the grind really comes down to the mat farming thats what has kept me playing. I hope my views on this change as it is 5 13 am here but i doubt it.

100$ in an hour is a LOT. you roughly earn 17600$ per month. and you only have Hunter pack? greedy bastard.

pay to win is a coined phrase that is used for a generalization of spending real life money to further your gameplay in any aspect or manner to all of you w/ incoherant ideas of the notion so yes this game any many others fall into that categorey its just how far they fall into that category which bothers me personally

pay to win is a coined phrase that is used for a generalization of spending real life money to further your gameplay in any aspect or manner to all of you w/ incoherant ideas of the notion so yes this game any many others fall into that categorey its just how far they fall into that category which bothers me personally

I couldn't agree more, its structured in a way that is easy for me to see that its just a blatant grab for cash.

Too bad most people use it to refer to paying to gain an advantage over others in a competitive environment.

Anyway, GTFO already. You said you were gonna quit. Why haven't you?