The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What was your first weapon that you maxed/heavily forma'd?

On 4/2/2017 at 8:23 AM, renan7413 said:

braton prime- 7 forma

Same here, 7 forma braton prime. I used it a lot since way back and now... when they changed the sfx of the gun to sound like a chaingun, I'm probably going to use it exclusively unless leveling mastery fodder.

24 minutes ago, Emeraudes said:

Same here, 7 forma braton prime. I used it a lot since way back and now... when they changed the sfx of the gun to sound like a chaingun, I'm probably going to use it exclusively unless leveling mastery fodder.

may i see your build/polarities? mine has 7 forma with a dash riven and somehow i locked myself out of being able to run two 90% elementals. Still can't decide if this is a bad thing. I'm having fun with a full cold build, and the radiation build can use a 60% status elemental anyway. 

5 hours ago, ParticleLuna said:

may i see your build/polarities? mine has 7 forma with a dash riven and somehow i locked myself out of being able to run two 90% elementals. Still can't decide if this is a bad thing. I'm having fun with a full cold build, and the radiation build can use a 60% status elemental anyway. 

Here you go, also apparently not 7 times. 9 times forma to re-do some polarities. I forgot about that.

kMcaEVx.jpg

7 hours ago, ParticleLuna said:

I did a similar thing. I have two Braton Primes. The older gun was retired in favor of a new one to make better use of the 60/60 mods and the buffs.

The first has 7 forma and was built back before the buffs, so it was oriented around running 90% mods. Although it had very high paper DPS, it suffered a bit against high level heavy armor. It was built with Serration, Split Chamber, Shred, Heavy Caliber, 2x90 elementals, one 60/60 elemental, and either another 60/60 elemental, Vile Acceleration, or Fanged Fusilade.

The second has 6 forma and was built to take advantage of the buffs and a better understanding of crit/status effects (mostly status). It also runs Serration, Split Chamber, Shred, Heavy Caliber, and either two pairs of 60/60 mods, or 3x60/60 mods and Fanged Fusilade (favored). Although it's paper DPS is sorta pathetic, it kills much faster on high level enemies than the older build, mostly due to bleed procs.

Of course, a great deal of luck with riven mods could radically change the fortunes of either gun/build.

Lastly, although I like this gun a great deal and use it more than any other by a large margin, it does have some limitations, chief amongst which is the fact that when enemy levels hit around 80, you're much better off using something else. If you like autotrigger guns, that something else is the Prisma Grakata.

Latron Prime. Not hard to max since there were no riven mods and didn't use heavy cal on it, so three forma did it for my build. Actually liked the braton more but the pre-buff braton was kinda useless at higher levels so I maxed that when I had enough forma to put on the "fun" stuff. Latron went into storage for a bit since power creep started making obsolete but now with a decent riven, it's back in use as part of my main weapons. 

• 3 weeks later...

The Karak was my first weapon and i put 5 formas into it. 
Now that the Karak Wraith is there i put 5 formas in it again.

I dont regret spending them if you are curious.
It is still one of my favorit weapons ingame.