Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia is a pretty sadistic frame....

Hypernaut1

So? A clown is not something commonly feared by people, rather ridiculed. That's why when someone tells you "that guy is a clown" you don't perceive it as "he is a monster".

It's a bad attempt to turn something ridiculous into something scary. It's like Elins in Tera: oh they so ancient and powerful! No, they are just lollies.

Edited by SeaUrchins

1 minute ago, SeaUrchins said:

So? A clown is not something commonly feared by people, rather ridiculed. That's why when someone tells you "that guy is a clown" you don't perceive it as "he is a monster".

No but if you want a clown frame.... Her name is Mirage.

On 2. 4. 2017 at 6:34 PM, Hypernaut1 said:

Octavia must have been a pretty sadistic and sociopathic frame/person. I'm in a defense mission with an Octavia, and shes jamming to this uptempo beat while dismembering hundreds of corpus. She evens dances in between the slaughter.

IRL dancers that are passionate enought are known to dance around instead of walking. Or they dance when they are bored or frustrated. Dancing helps them work. Octavia's idles could be a reference to Dancers. I know some girls that will begin to dance no matter the occasion and regardless of who or how many is watching. So when I look at Octavia I see those friends of mine and it makes sense, because its a real behavior.

27 minutes ago, RoninJed said:

Please DE...for the love of god...do NOT add a clown frame. I hope Octavia is as silly as it gets.

Technically we already have one, Mirage is based around a fool's dress and fools are just the old name for the modern clown.

1 hour ago, SilvaDreams said:

Technically we already have one, Mirage is based around a fool's dress and fools are just the old name for the modern clown.

I thought she was more of a trickster frame and not a bozo the clown frame. Either way I hope we don't get a male version of mirage then.

29 minutes ago, RoninJed said:

I thought she was more of a trickster frame and not a bozo the clown frame. Either way I hope we don't get a male version of mirage then.

I still don't see how you make the leap from Octavia to Bozo the clown. I think DE took the concept of a bard frame rather seriously. My only criticism is that I wish the instrument packs were a bit more in line with the lore, less techno. I thought they would've stuck to the organ sounds and from puzzle rooms and Tenno drums

Edited by Hypernaut1

20 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I still don't see how you make the leap from Octavia to Bozo the clown. I think DE took the concept of a bard frame rather seriously. My only criticism is that I wish the instrument packs were a bit more in line with the lore, less techno. I thought they would've stuck to the organ sounds and from puzzle rooms and Tenno drums

Uhh we were talking about mirage...

Let's look at a timeline...

Tenno children are exposed to void energy on the Zariman. Their parents became ravenous beasts and died. The children were fine, but terrified.

The Tenno were then used as soldiers for the Orokin with what seemed to amount to mind control. They were turned into the perfect killing machines where they controlled the Warframes using projection.

After the Lotus (who controlled the Warframe project) disobeyed an order to slay all of the Tenno, she had us kill all of the Orokin. This is after defeating the Sentient, which makes two genocides.

Then the Lotus hid us within the Second Dream, which means we lost our old memories and spent what felt like our entire existence following orders from the Lotus and killing things.

So we've been involved in at least one genocide, lost all memories from when we were normal, saw our parents get killed by void energy, and spent most of the life we can remember being soldiers on war. Also, as we learn from our operator's comments, when your Warframe gets injured "The transference makes this hurt." So there's probably some immense pain involved when our Warframes get, say, taken and dissected by Alad V or mowed down by a Grineer heavy gunner.

Bonus points, the closest thing we (who are still children) have to a mother is giving us orders to kill things and put what we only recently realized wasn't our lives in danger. I'd me amazed if there was a single sane Tenno.

10 hours ago, Ajreil said:

Let's look at a timeline...

Tenno children are exposed to void energy on the Zariman. Their parents became ravenous beasts and died. The children were fine, but terrified.

The Tenno were then used as soldiers for the Orokin with what seemed to amount to mind control. They were turned into the perfect killing machines where they controlled the Warframes using projection.

After the Lotus (who controlled the Warframe project) disobeyed an order to slay all of the Tenno, she had us kill all of the Orokin. This is after defeating the Sentient, which makes two genocides.

Then the Lotus hid us within the Second Dream, which means we lost our old memories and spent what felt like our entire existence following orders from the Lotus and killing things.

So we've been involved in at least one genocide, lost all memories from when we were normal, saw our parents get killed by void energy, and spent most of the life we can remember being soldiers on war. Also, as we learn from our operator's comments, when your Warframe gets injured "The transference makes this hurt." So there's probably some immense pain involved when our Warframes get, say, taken and dissected by Alad V or mowed down by a Grineer heavy gunner.

Bonus points, the closest thing we (who are still children) have to a mother is giving us orders to kill things and put what we only recently realized wasn't our lives in danger. I'd me amazed if there was a single sane Tenno.

I don't think the Tenno have been involved in any Genocides beyond the continually attempted one on the infested.

Outside of this, I do have to agree that most Tenno probably have a very interesting mental state right now. 

On 4/2/2017 at 11:34 AM, Hypernaut1 said:

Octavia must have been a pretty sadistic and sociopathic frame/person. I'm in a defense mission with an Octavia, and shes jamming to this uptempo beat while dismembering hundreds of corpus. She evens dances in between the slaughter.

She must have been a head band director it's the only thing that makes sense ;)

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:34 AM, Hypernaut1 said:

Hehe, brings a new meaning to dancing on their graves.  :D

6 hours ago, folklore504 said:

I don't think the Tenno have been involved in any Genocides beyond the continually attempted one on the infested.

Outside of this, I do have to agree that most Tenno probably have a very interesting mental state right now. 

Stalker's codex entry:

Some have walked these desolate worlds while you have slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day.

The Tenno appeared at the Terminus, gleaming and victorious. Our cold and gold Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds, all at once, the ceremonial Naga drums. A royal salute to the honored Tenno. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. The Tenno were not stoic and silent. They were waiting. They were poised. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.

When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by Tenno blades. The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever.

Now I hunt, dividing your numbers. Watching from that dark place, cataloging your sins, I am the ghost of retribution. You may forget but you are not innocent.

That seems to suggest that when the Tenno were done with the old war, we slaughtered them.

This is hinted at in a few other places. During The War Within, when Alad V has us hunt down a piece of Hunhow, he said "Be careful. Last time you touched one of those you commited a genocide. But you don't remember that, do you?"

Also, during The Second Dream we discover that the Lotus wanted children of her own, which is why she refused her order to kill all of the Tenno once their task was done. I don't recall if this was specifically said, but I got the idea that she had us kill the Orokin instead before locking us away in the dream.

3 hours ago, Ajreil said:

Stalker's codex entry:

That seems to suggest that when the Tenno were done with the old war, we slaughtered them.

This is hinted at in a few other places. During The War Within, when Alad V has us hunt down a piece of Hunhow, he said "Be careful. Last time you touched one of those you commited a genocide. But you don't remember that, do you?"

Also, during The Second Dream we discover that the Lotus wanted children of her own, which is why she refused her order to kill all of the Tenno once their task was done. I don't recall if this was specifically said, but I got the idea that she had us kill the Orokin instead before locking us away in the dream.

Last one to avoid going off topic.  The Tenno killed most of the Orokin elite, but other ranks of them survived and became the corpus or independent civvies we haven't met yet.   The second dream, and a few others confirm that the Lotus basically adopted the Tenno after wiping out the orokin elites.  In some other places it is hinted at that the Orokin higher ups, probably would have eventually destroyed the Tenno or worse.  (Worse potentially being revealed in the war within).